Wickwoman's Dodge of the Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
PureX said:
One could say that you're blind, I suppose. Or one could say that you only see what you want to see so that you can feel superior to others. Or one could just generalize and call you an idiot ... if one we so inclined.
:darwinsm: Or one could use the Wickie Dodge as you just did.

wickwoman

Frank, you are free to post an example of the infamous "Wickie Dodge."

OF, me being honest is not a dodge. I know it may have been such a long time since you experienced such honesty that you don't recognize it. But it is what it is.

"I don't know." :shocked: Stuff your preacher doesn't say, that's for sure.

On Fire

wickwoman said:
OF, me being honest is not a dodge. I know it may have been such a long time since you experienced such honesty that you don't recognize it. But it is what it is.
I didn't say it was a dodge. It's you denying Christ.

You pretending like your views on the matter don't amount to a denial of Christ is a dodge.

wickwoman

On Fire said:
I didn't say it was a dodge. It's you denying Christ.

You pretending like your views on the matter don't amount to a denial of Christ is a dodge.

Well, perhaps you can help us all out by posting the specific part that denies Christ. You are an expert at being evasive, OF. And perhaps that's because most of what you say is completely unsubstantiated.

On Fire

wickwoman said:
Is Jesus God?
I would like to believe Jesus existed. But the evidence is scanty, at best. As to whether he was/is God, the evidence is even scantier, so I'd have to say I don't know.
That's a denial. You've got the book (I assume). I know you've been told.

wickwoman

Nice try, OF. I don't always automatically believe everything I see in print. Just because it's written somewhere doesn't mean it's true.

On Fire

wickwoman said:
Nice try, OF. I don't always automatically believe everything I see in print. Just because it's written somewhere doesn't mean it's true.
Nice dodge.

You've got His book. Do you believe it or not?

You've been told about Him. Do you believe it or not?

You can see His creation. Do you believe it or not?

wickwoman

On Fire said:
Nice dodge.

You've got His book. Do you believe it or not?

Please see my previous post.

On Fire said:
You've been told about Him. Do you believe it or not?

Oh, are you referring to all the polite and friendly conversations between you and myself where you have so lovingly shared the gospel? :rolleyes:

On Fire said:
You can see His creation. Do you believe it or not?

Do I believe what? That the earth exists? That I exist? Why yes, yes I believe I do. Hallelujah!

On Fire

wickwoman said:
Please see my previous post.

Oh, are you referring to all the polite and friendly conversations between you and myself where you have so lovingly shared the gospel? :rolleyes:

Do I believe what? That the earth exists? That I exist? Why yes, yes I believe I do. Hallelujah!
Dodging, denial AND mockery: the triple crown of heathens!!!

wickwoman

Whatever floats your boat OF. I was merely pointing out to you that it isn't always that easy. Perhaps you can suspend judgment easily. Others cannot. The mere fact that I'm here is proof of nothing except that well . . . I'm here. How I got here is subject to debate. If it were simple there wouldn't be so many attempt to explain it.

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
wickwoman said:
Whatever floats your boat OF. I was merely pointing out to you that it isn't always that easy. Perhaps you can suspend judgment easily. Others cannot. The mere fact that I'm here is proof of nothing except that well . . . I'm here. How I got here is subject to debate. If it were simple there wouldn't be so many attempt to explain it.
:darwinsm: Perhaps you could get a brief clinical description from your medical provider.

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
wickwoman said:
Truly, Frank "It's no use to seek truth, just let false views cease.* " This is what I am doing.

*Seng Ts'an
Sorry to hear that Seng Ts'an was such a cynic. Unfortunately, one can't do that unless one knows what's true and what's not. Guaranteed that without knowing, one will let all views cease.

That where y'are, Wickie?

wickwoman

Frank Ernest said:
Sorry to hear that Seng Ts'an was such a cynic. Unfortunately, one can't do that unless one knows what's true and what's not. Guaranteed that without knowing, one will let all views cease.

Hi Frank. The point of the quote is in the "seeking" of truth. It does not negate that truth exists, it merely say it's useless to look for it. So in the letting go of false views you allow truth to naturally arise. Does that answer your question?

Chileice

Frank Ernest said:

Though I think Wickwoman's quote is ill-founded, I think the attitudes of the "Christians" on this thread would not want to lead me to the Truth, even if I were wickwoman and I WAS looking for it. I'm sorry Wickwoman, feels that she cannot trust the revelation of Scripture about Jesus Christ. I hope someday she will and that she will fellowship with Christ.

But, my fellow Christians, before you rake WW over coals you might remember some things from the Bible. People DID learn things from animals. I have learned spiritual lessons from my dog too. The writer of Proverbs observes the ants:
6.6 Go to the ant, you sluggard;
consider its ways and be wise!

30.18 "There are three things that are too amazing for me,
four that I do not understand:

19 the way of an eagle in the sky,
the way of a snake on a rock,
the way of a ship on the high seas,
and the way of a man with a maiden.

30.24 "Four things on earth are small,
yet they are extremely wise:

25 Ants are creatures of little strength,
yet they store up their food in the summer;

26 coneys [d] are creatures of little power,
yet they make their home in the crags;

27 locusts have no king,
yet they advance together in ranks;

28 a lizard can be caught with the hand,
yet it is found in kings' palaces.

Beyond that, we as Christians should not be afraid to think, using the mind God has given us. Even in Bhuddism there are things that are not anti-Christian. If you read the Eight-fold Path, http://www.thebigview.com/buddhism/index.html you will not find much that is against what a Christian would want to live like in following Jesus. I have seen cases where people meeting up with JWs or getting into meditation actually led the person eventually to Jesus Christ. I am NOT saying Bhuddism saves you. I think there was an honest search for truth which I believe was revealed to us in Jesus Christ of Nazareth.

But instead of trying to build barriers between us and non-believers, we ought to be looking for bridges to help them cross over to faith in Christ.

I know WW is a different case in some ways. She walked away from what she had been taught in a "Christian" church. I have no idea if she was ever taught the truth and grace of the Lord Jesus or if she ever experienced the freedom in Him that allows one to love God without the shackles of legalism. If she had experienced that and left it behind, I pity her. If not, I pray that she might fall into the open arms of the Saviour and experience the grace and mercy that leads not only to eternal life but to abundant life in a real world racked with all of its miseries and pains.

But I also hope some of my fellow believers might not be so blind as to think God can ONLY spoeak to them through a Bible verse and that anything else is a disconnect from life. LIFE is the Christian life. Observing the trees and flowers and the needy kid across town are the Christian life. Yes, even looking at your dog and seeing that he is in many ways like what you are in comparison to God.

"If you expect God to only work in your quiet time, you will miss 95% of what God wants to teach in life." Henry Blackaby told me that and just in time not to miss some of the greatest blessings I would have missed.

journeyman

Chileice said:
Though I think Wickwoman's quote is ill-founded, I think the attitudes of the "Christians" on this thread would not want to lead me to the Truth, even if I were wickwoman and I WAS looking for it. I'm sorry Wickwoman, feels that she cannot trust the revelation of Scripture about Jesus Christ. I hope someday she will and that she will fellowship with Christ.

But, my fellow Christians, before you rake WW over coals you might remember some things from the Bible. People DID learn things from animals. I have learned spiritual lessons from my dog too. The writer of Proverbs observes the ants:
6.6 Go to the ant, you sluggard;
consider its ways and be wise!

30.18 "There are three things that are too amazing for me,
four that I do not understand:

19 the way of an eagle in the sky,
the way of a snake on a rock,
the way of a ship on the high seas,
and the way of a man with a maiden.

30.24 "Four things on earth are small,
yet they are extremely wise:

25 Ants are creatures of little strength,
yet they store up their food in the summer;

26 coneys [d] are creatures of little power,
yet they make their home in the crags;

27 locusts have no king,
yet they advance together in ranks;

28 a lizard can be caught with the hand,
yet it is found in kings' palaces.

Beyond that, we as Christians should not be afraid to think, using the mind God has given us. Even in Bhuddism there are things that are not anti-Christian. If you read the Eight-fold Path, http://www.thebigview.com/buddhism/index.html you will not find much that is against what a Christian would want to live like in following Jesus. I have seen cases where people meeting up with JWs or getting into meditation actually led the person eventually to Jesus Christ. I am NOT saying Bhuddism saves you. I think there was an honest search for truth which I believe was revealed to us in Jesus Christ of Nazareth.

But instead of trying to build barriers between us and non-believers, we ought to be looking for bridges to help them cross over to faith in Christ.

I know WW is a different case in some ways. She walked away from what she had been taught in a "Christian" church. I have no idea if she was ever taught the truth and grace of the Lord Jesus or if she ever experienced the freedom in Him that allows one to love God without the shackles of legalism. If she had experienced that and left it behind, I pity her. If not, I pray that she might fall into the open arms of the Saviour and experience the grace and mercy that leads not only to eternal life but to abundant life in a real world racked with all of its miseries and pains.

But I also hope some of my fellow believers might not be so blind as to think God can ONLY spoeak to them through a Bible verse and that anything else is a disconnect from life. LIFE is the Christian life. Observing the trees and flowers and the needy kid across town are the Christian life. Yes, even looking at your dog and seeing that he is in many ways like what you are in comparison to God.

"If you expect God to only work in your quiet time, you will miss 95% of what God wants to teach in life." Henry Blackaby told me that and just in time not to miss some of the greatest blessings I would have missed.

Yes! Oftentimes, it is we Christians that are the stumbling block to nonbelievers coming to the faith. I think it was Ghandi that commented, "I like your Christ... it's your Christians that I don't like."

Peace. The Journeyman.

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
wickwoman said:
Hi Frank. The point of the quote is in the "seeking" of truth. It does not negate that truth exists, it merely say it's useless to look for it. So in the letting go of false views you allow truth to naturally arise. Does that answer your question?
No, because it's nonsense.

Matthew 7:7-8 [jesus]"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened."[/jesus]

PureX

"Not-knowing is true knowledge.
Presuming to know is a disease.
First realize that you are sick;
then you can move toward health."

"The Master is her own physician.
She has healed herself of all knowing.
Thus she is truly whole."

- from the Tao Te Ching​

wickwoman

PureX said:
"Not-knowing is true knowledge.