What Did I Learn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOTK

Tye, I would like to see you stay. I agree with you that TOL should be about rebuking, teaching, and exhorting. I think TOL is about this for the most part. I sometimes feel we argue amongst ourselves too much instead of "smacking" the pagans, heathens, and the like, but we still do an aweful lot of that.

You just need to tone your "style" down a bit and use some discernment when battling. :)

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
SOTK said:
You just need to tone your "style" down a bit and use some discernment when battling. :)
Tye doesn't even need to tone his style down.

Nobody is asking Tye NOT to rebuke the lost.

The only thing Tye needs to do is lose his fixation with one individual and everything would be OK - for the most part.

SOTK

Knight said:
Tye doesn't even need to tone his style down.

Nobody is asking Tye NOT to rebuke the lost.

The only thing Tye needs to do is lose his fixation with one individual and everything would be OK - for the most part.

I was speaking generally when I stated "battling"- the lost and Christians.

ApologeticJedi

That I'm going to respond in this thread probably proves that I'm not near as wise as I should be. A wise man, who sees the heated conflict among Christians over an issue he hasn't quite figured out, would just keep his mouth shut, his head low and run like it was the plague ... I suppose I am not that wise man.
:dunce:

Tye,
I honestly don’t know what the issue is, and I think I’d just as soon not know. However, I did go to your website and you seem like a pretty neat guy. I like your enthusiasm for God and I like your detest of sin. That’s pretty cool. I even like your signature. “Truth is Hate to those who hate the Truth”. It sounds like you and I were at the same pro-life rally there is Denver. That makes me admire you even more. I know that we all did a lot of “acting” while we were there.

Having said that, it pains me that you seem to be at the throats of people here that I deeply respect. From my perspective (and while I’m not on TOL everyday, I am here often) the people here have a great ministry. They have the wisdom to allow the lost to post their arguments and then they respond. They show that Christianity isn’t something that can only survive in a vacuum, but that can hold it’s own against the ideas of the world. The people here at TOL (Knight, Poly, SOTK, and others) do the sowing of God's word in a way that you don't see on other sites. I think they are "acting" out their salvation in a special way themselves.

"... give peace a chance ..."
Ugg, I did not just quote that!
:vomit:

Tye Porter

Amen!

Amen!

ApologeticJedi said:
... it pains me that you seem to be at the throats of people here that I deeply respect. From my perspective (and while I’m not on TOL everyday, I am here often) the people here have a great ministry.
I appreciate that, Sir.
And I agree with that as well.
There is a great Ministry here.
I take issue with only a few who have shown us they have a recurring weakness.
They believe it only involves one person whith whom they believe I'm obsessing.
Other than this, this is a great Ministry that has taken alot of blood, sweat and tears.
I need to drop it or risk bannishment.

But thank you for the post, Sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.