I think Bob Enyart takes stupid pills

Status
Not open for further replies.

elected4ever

drbrumley said:
Um, I really don't know what to make of this.

Actually, I'm embarrassed at this.
What is embarrassing to you? That I oppose making God's law civil law or that I have a disagreement with your icon?

drbrumley

elected4ever said:
What is embarrassing to you? That I oppose making God's law civil law or that I have a disagreement with your icon?

Icon???? You are acting like a fool.

Let me see, did I ever or did you ever hear Bob Enyart say we need to wear clothing not mixed, and if we do, we deserve the death penalty? I will answer for you. NO!!!!!!!!!! Did you ever hear Bob say we need to all circumsize our boys and if we are not circumsized, that we need to run to the Drs and get it done so we wouldnt get the death penalty?. I'll answer for you. NO!!!!!!!! This illustrates the point perfectly that you have really no clue what Bob teaches as in regard to the law.

Anyone, please show me if you have evidence that Bob has indeed said we need to wear clothes of one fabric, That it should be a requirement for the Body of Christ. Please, ANYONE.

elected4ever

drbrumley said:
So instead of discussing the issues with me, you resort to a silly thread. Whereby you can get everyone else that I call brothers and sisters involved in some sort of fight. Well, you wanted it, you got it. Congrats Dad!!!! Hope your happy now.
Well pardon me. It makes you look bad in the eyes of those you love and respect. It might interest you to know that I love and respect them too. But that does not make them right or me wrong. You cannot impose God's law on those who are dead to it or freed from it.In ether case it is just wrong. God has imposed his law on the whole world and the whole world has been found guilty and are dead to God unless they have receive life from the Father through Jesus Christ.Reimposing it does nothing for the welfare of man.

JoyfulRook

drbrumley said:
As a matter of fact, show me where Bob has said we indeed, as a REQUIREMENT, to tithe.
He has never said that. As the Pastor of DBC he asks that if you tithe DON'T tithe 10%. He is anti-legalist.

JoyfulRook

And to completely insult Bob by asking if he takes stupid pills is waaay out of line.

The question is: Is elected4ever taking stupid pills?

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
E for E I'm sure you agree that some behavior should, under any just government, be criminal. Bob's position is that by a careful reading of the Bible you can discern what behaviors, in God's opinion, should be criminal. This is different than the Mosaic Law.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
elected4ever said:
She asked for it.

e4e, when I said you did this out of ignorance I wasn't trying to be offensive to you. I did so because you started this thread with the title you did and you assumed things that weren't true. It was shocking. You're a great poster here and if you have a dispute, since you are so likeminded with some of these people, wouldn't it be better to at least try and "come and reason together" before starting such a startling thread?

elected4ever

Our mission is to inform people of what God has already imposed and to show what He has done to set men free from His imposed law.We do not need to condemn man but to free man from condemnation.

docrob57

elected4ever said:
Our mission is to inform people of what God has already imposed and to show what He has done to set men free from His imposed law.We do not need to condemn man but to free man from condemnation.

Of course that is true. But, for better or for worse, people tend to see what is allowed by government as somehow "acceptable." My understanding, at least, of the rationale for establishing the Mosaic criminal law (those parts still applicable) is to show that these things are not acceptable.

Back to adultery, did you know there is a line of greeting cards out for people having affairs? It is just looked at as "one of those things." If a married person realizes that lusting after another is equivalent to adultery, and that adultery is evil, the person realizes that he needs a Savior.

drbrumley

elected4ever said:

So by this logic, using E4E's example,

E4E said:
We do not need to condemn men who murder, but to free men who murder from condemnation.

You are out of your mind.Have you even thought this through?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
elected4ever said:
And you apply that principle to criminal justice?

When we catch a theif should we not punish him?

elected4ever

Poly said:
e4e, when I said you did this out of ignorance I wasn't trying to be offensive to you. I did so because you started this thread with the title you did and you assumed things that weren't true. It was shocking. You're a great poster here and if you have a dispute, since you are so like minded with some of these people, wouldn't it be better to at least try and "come and reason together" before starting such a startling thread?
I used the title I did to garner a response and interest in the topic. I perceived a selective legalism which if not checked can become chronic. Perhaps we all should rethink our positions and voice our concerns. I really meant it when I stated the desire for your opinions. I do not wont someone to tell me that Bob Enyart is right and I don't understand and let it go at that. Give me the reasons why you think what you think. They may be valid or anviled but they need discussion.

philosophizer

Um... This thread is weird.

E4E, Bob is not a legalist bringing back the law to claim righteousness from. He's just suggesting the biblical method of punishing criminals.

The Bible suggests killing murderers and rapists. I think that's a great idea. Now, if we actually do the just thing and execute murderers and rapists, would you call that legalistic? :confused:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
elected4ever said:
I used the title I did to garner a response and interest in the topic. I perceived a selective legalism which if not checked can become chronic. Perhaps we all should rethink our positions and voice our concerns. I really meant it when I stated the desire for your opinions. I do not wont someone to tell me that Bob Enyart is right and I don't understand and let it go at that. Give me the reasons why you think what you think. They may be valid or anviled but they need discussion.
I can understand that . . . but you have used some pretty offensive terms in a way that seems to me uncalled for.

Status
Not open for further replies.