I think Bob Enyart takes stupid pills

Status
Not open for further replies.

elected4ever

The letter killeth but the Spirit gives life. From what I have heard Bob Enyart say and what I have heard others say in his defense, Bob Enyart wishes to bring the brethren, including himself, back under the letter of the law. Jesus gave His life to set us free from the law of sin and death. Yet through his teaching, he wonts to be entangled again in the law. In fact his whole ministry is built on this concept.Perhaps Bob or someone else can explain this drive toward legalism. Each and ever child of God loves righteousness because that is who we are in Christ.That does not give anyone the the right to impose a law that was death to us in the first place. I received life from the dead through Jesus Christ. Why should I make myself subject again to the law that can only impose death? This would be a truly insane thing for me to do. I do not understand the reasoning for reimposing these laws.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Are you sure we are talking about the same Bob Enyart?

Crow

elected4ever said:
The letter killeth but the Spirit gives life. From what I have heard Bob Enyart say and what I have heard others say in his defense, Bob Enyart wishes to bring the brethren, including himself, back under the letter of the law. Jesus gave His life to set us free from the law of sin and death. Yet through his teaching, he wonts to be entangled again in the law. In fact his whole ministry is built on this concept.Perhaps Bob or someone else can explain this drive toward legalism. Each and ever child of God loves righteousness because that is who we are in Christ.That does not give anyone the the right to impose a law that was death to us in the first place. I received life from the dead through Jesus Christ. Why should I make myself subject again to the law that can only impose death? This would be a truly insane thing for me to do. I do not understand the reasoning for reimposing these laws.
Bob doesn't want to put people under the Law for salvation. He upholds grace which comes by faith in Christ as savior as the means of salvation, and does a good job of teaching that.

He wants criminal justice, which is not and never has been salvatory, to be based on biblical principles of criminal justice. Such as restitution for theft, and capital punishment for murder.

docrob57

elected4ever said:

I'm sorry, but this is just false. How do you arrive at this conclusion?

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
elected4ever said:

You obviously have listened to ANY of his Bible studies.....
:doh:

elected4ever

Shimei said:
You obviously have listened to ANY of his Bible studies.....
:doh:
My son gets his tapes and plays his shows on the Internet. So don't tell me I have not heard his message. Basing civil law on Biblical principle is one thing and with that I agree. Imposing the Mosaic law as the standard is disagreeable to me.

JoyfulRook

:e4e: , I'm sorry, but you are completely incorrect about everything you posted in the topic. Nothing could be farther from the truth.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
elected4ever said:
My son gets his tapes and plays his shows on the Internet. So don't tell me I have not heard his message. Basing civil law on Biblical principle is one thing and with that I agree. Imposing the Mosaic law as the standard is disagreeable to me.

So in this whole matter, you were not referring to salvation?

What Crow said in post #3.

elected4ever

Shimei said:
So in this whole matter, you were not referring to salvation?

What Crow said in post #3.
Salvation is the seting us free from the law. Why does Bob wish to reimpose it? :bang:

docrob57

elected4ever said:
Salvation is the seting us free from the law. Why does Bob wish to reimpose it? :bang:

What is the purpose of the law? If you understand that, you can answer your own question.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
elected4ever said:

e4e, I'm still not clear.

Do you think that Bob suggests at all that we keep the law for our salvation?

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
elected4ever said:
Basing civil law on Biblical principle is one thing and with that I agree. Imposing the Mosaic law as the standard is disagreeable to me.
And what, pray tell, do Biblical "principles" say should be the punishment for perjury?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
elected4ever said:
With all due respect I thinks its important that we familiarize ourselves with a topic before we make hasty and possibly incorrect statements.

Your post couldn't be more inaccurate.

The only thing I could figure is your just trying to be funny, is that the case?

Crow

I'll bet if you look, Bob has some clothing of mixed fiber in his closet, and he probably eats the occasional ham sandwich. With cheese. :shocked:

Crimes are not wrong just because they are in the Mosaic law. It was wrong for Adam and Eve to lie to God and disobey Him, and wrong for Cain to kill Abel, and wrong for Noah's son to have sex with Noah's wife (the idiom "uncover his (father's) nakedness" means precisely that) before the Mosaic law was given.

elected4ever

docrob57 said:
God's law
God's law is our school master to bring us to Christ. To convict a person for the violation of it.The imposing of the execution of the convicted. Violating the law of God brings death. Death is the execution demanded by God's law, any part of God's law. Before we were saved we had been executed by God's law. We were dead (separated) from God. To reestablish God's law is to reestablish our own death.

docrob57

elected4ever said:
God's law is our school master to bring us to Christ. To convict a person for the violation of it.The imposing of the execution of the convicted. Violating the law of God brings death. Death is the execution demanded by God's law, any part of God's law. Before we were saved we had been executed by God's law. We were dead (separated) from God. To reestablish God's law is to reestablish our own death.

Only to re-establish it as the means of salvation, which no one advocates. But to recodify it would be to acknowledge its legitimacy and, in so doing, strengthen its evangelical purpose.

elected4ever

Knight said:
With all due respect I thinks its important that we familiarize ourselves with a topic before we make hasty and possibly incorrect statements.

Your post couldn't be more inaccurate.

The only thing I could figure is your just trying to be funny, is that the case?
No I am serious. Just seeking clarity on the subject.

Crow

elected4ever said:
No I am serious. Just seeking clarity on the subject.
Here's an example--the practice of circumcision. Bob teaches that if Christians want to circumcise their kids for medical reasons or personal preference, that is their business. But that they should not do so for religious reasons, because that puts them under the Law.

Status
Not open for further replies.