Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll bet if you look, Bob has some clothing of mixed fiber in his closet, and he probably eats the occasional ham sandwich. With cheese.

Crimes are not wrong just because they are in the Mosaic law. It was wrong for Adam and Eve to lie to God and disobey Him, and wrong for Cain to kill Abel, and wrong for Noah's son to have sex with Noah's wife (the idiom "uncover his (father's) nakedness" means precisely that) before the Mosaic law was given.

Comment

Originally posted by docrob57
      God's law
      God's law is our school master to bring us to Christ. To convict a person for the violation of it.The imposing of the execution of the convicted. Violating the law of God brings death. Death is the execution demanded by God's law, any part of God's law. Before we were saved we had been executed by God's law. We were dead (separated) from God. To reestablish God's law is to reestablish our own death.
      Galatians 5:13 ¶For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.

The borrower is slave to the linder. What makes this country think it is rich and free?

Comment

Originally posted by elected4ever
        God's law is our school master to bring us to Christ. To convict a person for the violation of it.The imposing of the execution of the convicted. Violating the law of God brings death. Death is the execution demanded by God's law, any part of God's law. Before we were saved we had been executed by God's law. We were dead (separated) from God. To reestablish God's law is to reestablish our own death.
        Only to re-establish it as the means of salvation, which no one advocates. But to recodify it would be to acknowledge its legitimacy and, in so doing, strengthen its evangelical purpose.
        God . . .even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ--by grace you have been saved. Ephesians 2:4-5 ESV

A dog barks when his master is attacked. I would be a coward if I saw that God's truth is attacked and yet would remain silent. . . . John Calvin

Comment

Originally posted by Knight
          With all due respect I thinks its important that we familiarize ourselves with a topic before we make hasty and possibly incorrect statements.

Your post couldn't be more inaccurate.

The only thing I could figure is your just trying to be funny, is that the case?
          No I am serious. Just seeking clarity on the subject.
          Galatians 5:13 ¶For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.

The borrower is slave to the linder. What makes this country think it is rich and free?

Comment

Here's an example--the practice of circumcision. Bob teaches that if Christians want to circumcise their kids for medical reasons or personal preference, that is their business. But that they should not do so for religious reasons, because that puts them under the Law.

Comment

Well this should be easy then.

Bob Enyart teaches that people are saved through faith in Christ alone, no works necessary. In fact Bob wrote an entire book on just that subject, it's called The Plot.

Laws regarding criminal justice are another issue all together.
              Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
              TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

Comment

Only to re-establish it as the means of salvation, which no one advocates. But to recodify it would be to acknowledge its legitimacy and, in so doing, strengthen its evangelical purpose.
                God's law carries its own codification. God's law is what it is and doesn't need anyone to establish its validity.

Comment

God's law carries its own codification. God's law is what it is and doesn't need anyone to establish its validity.
                  Yes in reality, but not necessarily in terms of public perception. For example, adultery is now legal, so it is therefore more acceptable. Adultery went on when it was illegal, but it was stigmatized and people were more apt to think of it as wrong. If it is no longer considered wrong, it loses its evengelistic purpose.
                  God . . .even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ--by grace you have been saved. Ephesians 2:4-5 ESV

A dog barks when his master is attacked. I would be a coward if I saw that God's truth is attacked and yet would remain silent. . . . John Calvin

Comment

1 question, and I'm actually kind of serious...

If Enyart were elected president, or had his way with imposing whatever laws he takes from the bible... would concubines become legal?
                    The most important thing anyone can learn from 1st century greco-roman mystery cults is that complex religious systems can arise and develop without an historical founder.

Comment

Originally posted by allsmiles
                      1 question, and I'm actually kind of serious...

If Enyart were elected president, or had his way with imposing whatever laws he takes from the bible... would concubines become legal?
                      :LoJo:

Comment

:LoJo:
                        You find it funny that you've started something out of ignorance which now gives opportunity for the wicked to mock the righteous?
                        "The most terrifying words in the English language are 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" - Ronald Reagan

Check out the "rightest" of all right wing moms. FarRightMom

Upgrade your TOL membership.

Comment

Yes in reality, but not necessarily in terms of public perception. For example, adultery is now legal, so it is therefore more acceptable. Adultery went on when it was illegal, but it was stigmatized and people were more apt to think of it as wrong. If it is no longer considered wrong, it loses its evangelistic purpose.
                          This is the difference in God's law and civil law. I am not demanded to follow God's law in civil law. By the same token though something is legal civilly I am not required to participate in its function. I am not required to participate in adultery by civil law though it may be a legal act civilly.

God's law is existent and self executing regardless of man's opinion of it. The law should be used to bring people to Christ not for the purpose of establishing civil Government. If the government were just like us then our lives and testimony would loose its witness of righteousness. We exist for the purpose of pouring salt into the wound.

Comment

Originally posted by Poly
                            You find it funny that you've started something out of ignorance which now gives opportunity for the wicked to mock the righteous?
                            I think it's a legitimate question. If our society was rebuilt upon biblical law, would it be legal to have concubines? It was all right for Solomon, who, according to the bible, was the world's greatest pimp and just so happened to be king too.

It's an easy question and I don't ask it to mock, if you feel like you're being mocked than maybe you should take a closer look at what you believe rather than calling those who ask honest, simple questions about what you believe, wicked.
                            The most important thing anyone can learn from 1st century greco-roman mystery cults is that complex religious systems can arise and develop without an historical founder.

Comment

Originally posted by Poly
                              Before the law came, that was a legal act. Righteousness is not the keeping of the law and you are so stupid its funny.

Comment

Originally posted by allsmiles
                                Solomon, who, according to the bible, was the world's greatest pimp and just so happened to be king too.
                                You are a first class idiot with no clue.

Please try harder, or go away.
                                Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
                                TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

Comment

Working...
                                X