Poly rants

Status
Not open for further replies.

beanieboy

I grew up west of Chicago.
What I like about the city is that the fans are for the Cubs/Sox/Bears no matter how they are doing.

In Minneapolis, people practically need to get a bobblehead to get their butts in the seats at playoffs.

TheSearcher

BANNED
Banned
I'll admit it, that Cubs comment was low, sorry. But seriously, Boston broke our curse, when will the Cubs finaly turn it around and win the big one? Or any one for that matter.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
PureX said:
We will all agree and disagree at various times on various issues. We are different people, after all. The question is how are we going to handle these disagreements? You experienced yourself the hurtfulness of such dehumanizing name-calling. And I can verify that such behavior hurts people no matter what side of an issue they might be on. Spiritual grown-ups understand this. That's why they don't behave this way. cite

Oh?

PureX said:
.....and because they're owned by a bunch of a red-necked, union-hating, hillbillies, the city has been rejecting them. Gotta love it!

beanieboy

Why don't you move to Chicago, Poly? That would solve all of your rants. Well, one of them, and that's a start.

Myyyyy kind of town, Chicago is...

PureX

TheSearcher said:
Thats great. Now if you guys could get the Cubs to get their act together too, you'd have something.
Naw, they're over-paid, unionized do-nothings. Can't fire 'em, can't make 'em work. *smile*

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
PureX said:
That was tongue-in-cheek. Lighten up already! And I wasn't calling anyone HERE any names.

Well, not on this thread.

Rimi

Turbo said:
That's what Poly said about my last one, but she likes this one. It's tough to please everybody.

Has it not occurred to you that Beanie might like it too.? A little too much?

Rimi

Poly said:
What is it with Wal-mart and stupid people?

Ok, so I go to WM to get a birthday present for my son's friend. I already had to put up with your typical WM headaches such as people who think they're the only people who matter, blocking the whole aisle so that nobody coming towards them or behind them can pass till they get good and ready to MOVE! The self checkout line was fairly short so at least checking out didn't take quite as long as it usually does on a Saturday. So we're finally headin' to the car. I get the kids buckled in and proceed to put the present in the gift bag. (Yeah, I know, I'm one of those moms who waits to get the birthday present till right before the birthday party. So what of it?) Anyway, I'm fixin' up the gift and this car stops behind me and a little ways down, waiting for me to leave since I had a pretty close parking space and she didn't want to end up parking in the north 40. Cars were lined up behind her all the way down to the front of the store which caused a traffic jam and this lady wasn't about to move. I gave her this look like, "are you kidding me?" So I stopped what I was doing and left so this poor sap could get my place and ended up finishing the gift when I got to the party. This isn't the first time this has happened to me either. Why are people so dumb sometimes? :doh:

Maybe Agape4Robin will loan you her rolling pin and you can "go to town"! You won't need to buy one at Walmart, it's seasoned, it'll work on Beanie. Just a thought.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Rimi said:
Maybe Agape4Robin will loan you her rolling pin...
That's the Sibbie's rolling pin. Robin stopped by to borrow it when she was baking a up a batch of fresh truth, and she still hasn't returned it.

TheSearcher

BANNED
Banned
beanieboy said:
Why do you not like the MidWest?

Its not that I dont like it, 313 born and raised, its just way to flat for my taste and the local governments in the Great Lakes, slightly annoying. But other then that, yeah, go flat lands! Yea for tornados! Weeeee! Wait, there goes my house. Sorry, never again man, never again.

TheSearcher

BANNED
Banned
PureX said:
Naw, they're over-paid, unionized do-nothings. Can't fire 'em, can't make 'em work. *smile*

True, true. To bad about Nomar, that was a freak accident. I just think it would be cool if they could acctualy pull it together for a season and win.

beanieboy

TheSearcher said:
Its not that I dont like it, 313 born and raised, its just way to flat for my taste and the local governments in the Great Lakes, slightly annoying. But other then that, yeah, go flat lands! Yea for tornados! Weeeee! Wait, there goes my house. Sorry, never again man, never again.

Flat! Yes! I remember the first time I came to MN, and went up north. I kept saying, "look at all the trees!!!" My friends said, "uh, yeah." And I said, "No! All of the trees!!! And there are hills!!!"

When you drive on 80, and there is nothing but cornfields for 2 hours, this is amazing.

TheSearcher

BANNED
Banned
beanieboy said:
Flat! Yes! I remember the first time I came to MN, and went up north. I kept saying, "look at all the trees!!!" My friends said, "uh, yeah." And I said, "No! All of the trees!!! And there are hills!!!"

When you drive on 80, and there is nothing but cornfields for 2 hours, this is amazing.

The first time I came out east was like that. I had never seen a mountian before, truly inspiring.

Rimi

Turbo said:
That's the Sibbie's rolling pin. Robin stopped by to borrow it when she was baking a up a batch of fresh truth, and she still hasn't returned it.

Well, I'M not gonna try and take it from her!

MrsDearDelmar

Check this out!!! I got this in an email! Top 30 things to do at Walmart

1. Take shopping carts for the express purpose of filling them
and stranding them at strategic locations.

2. Set all the alarm clocks to go off at ten-minute intervals
throughout the day.

3. Don't bother doing your own shopping. Simply find someone with a full trolley containing roughly the items you need, and when they are not looking take it and go pay for it at the checkout. (this is not stealing, they did not own the items yet, they were simply 'moving them around')

4. Contaminate the entire auto department by sampling all the
spray air fresheners.

5. Challenge other customers to duels with tubes of gift-wrap.

6. When there are people behind you, walk really slowly,
especially in thin aisles.

7. Walk up to an employee and tell him in an official tone, "I
think we've got a code 3 in housewares," and see what happens.

8. Turn all the radios to polka stations; then turn them off
and turn the volume up to full blast.

9. Walk up to complete strangers and say, "Hi. I haven't seen
you in so long." etc. See if they play along. Insist on calling them 'Bob', and if they protest, get angry about it (violent if necissary).

10. Ride a display bicycle through the store; claim you are
taking it for a test drive.

11. Follow people through the aisles, staying about 5 feet
behind them. Do this until they leave the store.

12. Ask if you can test some super-glue before buying it, then walk around the store gluing random items to other items/customers/staff. For added fun: See how many cashiers you can glue to each-other before any of them notice.

13. As the cashier runs your purchase over the scanner say "BEEP" in a loud voice. Repeat this for every item, and for other customers items. If the cashier protests, kill them.

14. Move "Caution : Wet Floor" signs to carpeted areas.

15. Set up a tent in the camping department; tell others you
will only invite them in if they bring pillows from Bed and Bath.

16. Ask other customers if they have any Grey Poupon.

17. Randomly throw things over into neighboring aisles.

18. When someone asks you if you need help, begin to cry and
say, "Why won't you people just leave me alone?"

19. When 2 or 3 people are walking ahead of you, run between
them yelling "Red Rover."

20. Make up nonsense products and ask employees if there are any
in stock. (i.e.: Shnerples). Do a vague hand-mime of what a 'Shnerple' looks like to assist them.

21. Take up an entire aisle in toys by setting up a full-scale
battle with G.I. Joe vs. X-men.

22. While handling guns in the hunting department, suddenly ask
the clerk where the anti-depressants are. Act as spastic as
possible.

23. Dart around suspiciously while humming the theme from
Mission Impossible.

24. Set up a "Valet Parking" sign in front of the store.

25. Two words: Marco Polo.

26. "Re-alphabetize" the CD's using an alternative alphabet of your choosing.

27. When someone steps away from his or her cart to look at
something, quickly place random combinations of items in their cart, such as 'A Large Cucumber and a Tub of Vasceline'.

28. When an announcement comes over the loudspeaker, drop to
your knees and scream, "No, no, its those voices again."

29. Drag a lounge chair over to the magazines and relax. Go to
the food court, buy a drink, and explain that you don't get out
much and ask if they can put a little umbrella in it.

30. Go into the dressing room and wait a couple of minutes and then yell "Hey there's no toilet paper in here!"

Last edited:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
MrsDearDelmar said:
30. Go into the dressing room and wait a couple of minutes and then yell "Hey there's no toilet paper in here!"

I've heard these before. This one's pretty funny. :D

Sleepy Time

Poly, if you saw someone anxiously awaiting your parking spot, could you have gotten out of your car and told them you were not leaving any time soon? Everyone, I'm sure including yourself, wants a prime spot but I'm sure they would have moved on if you'de told them you weren't leaving just yet.
Could your person in question have been disabled in some way? I'm just asking because in one case a couple of years ago I was in a similar situation as you when I noticed that the driver in question was, indeed, disabled (only one leg) and I felt like an arse after whining in my rear view mirror...

Status
Not open for further replies.