Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What is it with Wal-mart and stupid people?

Ok, so I go to WM to get a birthday present for my son's friend. I already had to put up with your typical WM headaches such as people who think they're the only people who matter, blocking the whole aisle so that nobody coming towards them or behind them can pass till they get good and ready to MOVE! The self checkout line was fairly short so at least checking out didn't take quite as long as it usually does on a Saturday. So we're finally headin' to the car. I get the kids buckled in and proceed to put the present in the gift bag. (Yeah, I know, I'm one of those moms who waits to get the birthday present till right before the birthday party. So what of it?) Anyway, I'm fixin' up the gift and this car stops behind me and a little ways down, waiting for me to leave since I had a pretty close parking space and she didn't want to end up parking in the north 40. Cars were lined up behind her all the way down to the front of the store which caused a traffic jam and this lady wasn't about to move. I gave her this look like, "are you kidding me?" So I stopped what I was doing and left so this poor sap could get my place and ended up finishing the gift when I got to the party. This isn't the first time this has happened to me either. Why are people so dumb sometimes? :doh:

Ninjashadow

You're preaching to the choir, Poly. I cut most of those problems out by shopping at 2am. Hardly anyone around at that time. I realize that that probably isn't feasible for you, but that's just my solution.

Jeremiah85

Oh, so it is all wal-marts that are a headache and not just the ones where I live. :think:

Anyway, around here (Deep South Texas) the problem seems to be terminal laziness.

erinmarie

We always park far away so we can get the exercise of walking the distance!
(Not really, but I felt like this was what a healthy, not lazy mom would say!!!)
:ha:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ninjashadow said:
You're preaching to the choir, Poly. I cut most of those problems out by shopping at 2am. Hardly anyone around at that time. I realize that that probably isn't feasible for you, but that's just my solution.
Yeah, I've thought about that. I guess I'm too old. I'd be falling asleep in the aisle.

Jeremiah85 said:
Oh, so it is all wal-marts that are a headache and not just the ones where I live. :think:

Anyway, around here (Deep South Texas) the problem seems to be terminal laziness.

As in too lazy to be considerate? It was pretty hot here in Okieville today, and terribly humid.

Maybe the heat affects the brain. :think:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
erinmarie said:
We always park far away so we can get the exercise of walking the distance!
(Not really, but I felt like this was what a healthy, not lazy mom would say!!!)
:ha:

I just happened to get really lucky finding one so close. Usually I end up having to park really far out. Sometimes I try hitching a ride down to the entrance so that makes it a little more convenient. :freak:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Agape4Robin said:
There is just no accounting for the :kookoo: people in the world.......

So you feel my pain of being a smart person and having to live in a dumb world. :D ;)

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why mention Wal Mart? It was like this at K Mart (when they were around) and it's like this at Target now.

What I don't like about Wal Mart is that people think that it's a super cheap store they don't have to respect, and if they mess with the things on the displays they don't have to put keep things in order. I hate walking through the isles with things on the floor or stuff on the shelves that are all out-of-sorts/opened/broken.

temple2006

Poly's quote
As in too lazy to be considerate? It was pretty hot here in Okieville today, and terribly humid.

Maybe the heat affects the brain.

I am with you there.

Freak

Poly said:
What is it with Wal-mart and stupid people?
I hear you. I was in Wal-Mart yesterday and tried to get some help from a clerk and the clerk gave me this strange look. The clerk didn't understand a word I said, because she didn't understand English. :dead: Only in America.

Jeremiah85

Freak said:
I hear you. I was in Wal-Mart yesterday and tried to get some help from a clerk and the clerk gave me this strange look. The clerk didn't understand a word I said, because she didn't understand English. :dead: Only in America.
It is sad that we must know several languages just to go shopping in America.

My biggest pet peeve is when people expect me to speak spanish in America just because I am Hispanic. :kookoo:

Freak

Jeremiah85 said:
:dizzy: It's insane.

My biggest pet peeve is when people expect me to speak spanish in America just because I am Hispanic. :kookoo:
Same with my wife.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jeremiah85 said:

Um... do you speak Spanish? (I sure wish I could speak more than one language)

Jeremiah85

Yorzhik said:
Um... do you speak Spanish? (I sure wish I could speak more than one language)
No, I only speak English (and a little sign language if you want to count that.) I was born and raised in North Carolina so I had no need to learn Spanish when I was little and have never bothered to learn it since.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well, with a little sign you are doing better than I learning another language.

Status
Not open for further replies.