Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Turbo said:
Are you filling in for DEVO?

I guess you could say that. Somebody's gotta do it.

DEVO doesn't realize that he does a great disservice to people when he doesn't post. How are stupid people ever going to change if he doesn't tell them just what it is that makes them stupid? :D

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
TheSearcher said:
You can tell stupid people all day long their stupid, and they'll just laugh at you.
...while thinking that your retarded. ;)

TheSearcher

BANNED
Banned
Turbo said:

Pretty much. I love dealing with people at wal -mart, no, seriously though, I hate it. Although, I pretty much hate customers at my job so... maybe its one of those duble edged sword things.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Turbo said:

I don't think he got it.

beanieboy

Poly said:
What is it with Wal-mart and stupid people?

Ok, so I go to WM to get a birthday present for my son's friend. I already had to put up with your typical WM headaches such as people who think they're the only people who matter, blocking the whole aisle so that nobody coming towards them or behind them can pass till they get good and ready to MOVE! The self checkout line was fairly short so at least checking out didn't take quite as long as it usually does on a Saturday. So we're finally headin' to the car. I get the kids buckled in and proceed to put the present in the gift bag. (Yeah, I know, I'm one of those moms who waits to get the birthday present till right before the birthday party. So what of it?) Anyway, I'm fixin' up the gift and this car stops behind me and a little ways down, waiting for me to leave since I had a pretty close parking space and she didn't want to end up parking in the north 40. Cars were lined up behind her all the way down to the front of the store which caused a traffic jam and this lady wasn't about to move. I gave her this look like, "are you kidding me?" So I stopped what I was doing and left so this poor sap could get my place and ended up finishing the gift when I got to the party. This isn't the first time this has happened to me either. Why are people so dumb sometimes? :doh:

I imagine that she was thinking, "Why doesn't this woman move? Why are people so dumb? What is she waiting for??? Ohhhhh, wait. She's wrapping the present in the car? Why not do it when she gets home? But ohhh, no, she's going to move when she is good and ready! What is it with stupid people and Walmart?"

She was probably thinking the same thing about you that you were of other people.

When I go to the grocery store, I will often see someone who has their cart in the way. They are looking really hard for something, and similar to me, they forget that their cart is in the way because they are so focused on finding something that they need for a recipe, or were asked to get.

But, if you simply say, "Excuse me," the person will snap out of it, and say, "i'm so sorry."

At the Farmers Market, in Minneapolis, it's equally hard to find a parking spot, and the place is packed. I usually have to make two trips, one for food, and I drop it off at the car, and the second for plants. Someone will see me going to the car, and I simply shake my head, "no," and it is understood that I'm just dropping something off, not leaving, and they move on.

A good solution would have been for you to go to a farther parking spot, and wrap the gift there. She gets the parking spot that you don't need, you aren't bothered by other people, and everyone is happy.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What's that noise?

What's that noise?

Another thing that bothers me are annoying little gnats. They fly around buzzing at your ear as if their sole purpose in life is simply to annoy you. I'm almost sure I'm hearing one now and there's never a fly swater around when you need one.

beanieboy

Go buy one at Walmart.
It will give you another day to say, "this is the day that the Lord has made, and boy-howdy am I crabby as usual."

Do you ever rejoice about anything?

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
TheSearcher said:
Nope, got it, just ignored it... I've found the best way to bother people is to ignore their obvious insults. Its been working great for me.
Like you're ignoring it now?

Besides, I don't think Turbo was insulting you. Turbo does that to everybody. It's necessary for his health. If he didn't, he'd explode. :D

Just curious, why did you post this in here?

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
TheSearcher said:
Nope, got it, just ignored it... I've found the best way to bother people is to ignore their obvious insults.
Lighten up, Francis! It was a joke, not an insult.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Poly said:
Turbo does that to everybody. It's necessary for his health. If he didn't, he'd explode. :D
Hmph! I'm going to ignore this obvious insult!

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Turbo said:
Hmph! I'm going to ignore this obvious insult!

Nice job.

No, really, see if I didn't point out how you point out what it is you point out then I'd explode. :freak:

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Poly said:
Nice job.

No, really, see if I didn't point out how you point out what it is you point out then I'd explode. :freak:
:dizzy:

(I've seen a smiley that looks like :freak: except it really does explode!)

monochrome

My cure for how much Wal*Mart infuriates me is to never ever go there, buy their cheap junk, or endorse their right to use the free market. It's kinda like boycott, but it's more based off of how much I hated working for them. And the fact that they are evil.

I could rant for hours about how much I hate that institution and the vulchers that shop there. But I won't.

- m -

PureX

monochrome said:
My cure for how much Wal*Mart infuriates me is to never ever go there, buy their cheap junk, or endorse their right to use the free market. It's kinda like boycott, but it's more based off of how much I hated working for them. And the fact that they are evil.

I could rant for hours about how much I hate that institution and the vulchers that shop there. But I won't.

- m -
We won't let Walmat into Chicago. Sometimes I really love this city!

PureX

TheSearcher said:
Seriously, there are no wal - marts in the Windy City? Thats crazy.
Nope. They keep applying for permits to build one here, but because of their history of exploiting workers (poor wages and few or no benefits), and because they're owned by a bunch of a red-necked, union-hating, hillbillies, the city has been rejecting them. Gotta love it!

TheSearcher

BANNED
Banned
PureX said:
Nope. They keep applying for permits to build one here, but because of their history of exploiting workers (poor wages and few or no benefits), and because they're owned by a bunch of a red-necked, union-hating, hillbillies, the city has been rejecting them. Gotta love it!

Thats great. Now if you guys could get the Cubs to get their act together too, you'd have something.

Status
Not open for further replies.