Poly rants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremiah85

Yorzhik said:
Well, with a little sign you are doing better than I learning another language.
No time like the present to learn. I have a lot of people tell me that the only real way to learn Spanish is to take a trip into Mexico for a month into an area that only speaks Spanish. :think: I guess that this is the "sink or swim" method of language learning.

Uh-Oh I don't know if I can swim... :shocked:

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Turbo. That avatar... is... distrubing...

Please, make it stop.

Lucky

Hall of Fame
Jeremiah85 said:
I guess that this is the "sink or swim" method of language learning.
The other method is to live in south Texas for a few years. (Disclaimer: In a few years, south Texas will become the place to go for the "sink or swim" method.) :doh:

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ahh, then the stupid people in South Texas will be found at "Centro Comercial Wal"

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
Ninjashadow said:
You're preaching to the choir, Poly. I cut most of those problems out by shopping at 2am. Hardly anyone around at that time. I realize that that probably isn't feasible for you, but that's just my solution.
Screw Wal-Mart. The ones in Tucson are nasty anyway. They're small, dirty, and full of scroungily people.

I shop at the BX, on base. No tax, low prices. Can't beat that.

Ninjashadow

The Edge said:
Screw Wal-Mart. The ones in Tucson are nasty anyway. They're small, dirty, and full of scroungily people.

I shop at the BX, on base. No tax, low prices. Can't beat that.

No, you can't be no tax, low price, but unfortunately I don't have an army base around here to shop at. The Wal-Mart here, however, is a Super Wal-Mart and is less than a year old, so it's still nice looking. Give it a few years and it will be grimey and dirty like many (most?) Wal-Mart eventually become.

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
I'm telling you, the BX has no taxes, and low prices. Plus they promise to match a price if you find lower one outside the base.

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
erinmarie said:
We always park far away so we can get the exercise of walking the distance!
(Not really, but I felt like this was what a healthy, not lazy mom would say!!!)
:ha:
:darwinsm:

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yorzhik said:
Turbo. That avatar... is... distrubing...

Please, make it stop.
That's what Poly said about my last one, but she likes this one. It's tough to please everybody.

PureX

Poly said:
What is it with Wal-mart and stupid people?

Ok, so I go to WM to get a birthday present for my son's friend. I already had to put up with your typical WM headaches such as people who think they're the only people who matter, blocking the whole aisle so that nobody coming towards them or behind them can pass till they get good and ready to MOVE! The self checkout line was fairly short so at least checking out didn't take quite as long as it usually does on a Saturday. So we're finally headin' to the car. I get the kids buckled in and proceed to put the present in the gift bag. (Yeah, I know, I'm one of those moms who waits to get the birthday present till right before the birthday party. So what of it?) Anyway, I'm fixin' up the gift and this car stops behind me and a little ways down, waiting for me to leave since I had a pretty close parking space and she didn't want to end up parking in the north 40. Cars were lined up behind her all the way down to the front of the store which caused a traffic jam and this lady wasn't about to move. I gave her this look like, "are you kidding me?" So I stopped what I was doing and left so this poor sap could get my place and ended up finishing the gift when I got to the party. This isn't the first time this has happened to me either. Why are people so dumb sometimes? :doh:
That's NOTHING! You ought to try going shopping in Chicago! Imagine all the same idiots you see, but multiplied in number by powers of ten. And then give them some guns, some knives, and some crack cocaine. WEEE-HAAWWWW!

PureX

Turbo said:
That's what Poly said about my last one, but she likes this one. It's tough to please everybody.
Turbo, you avatars are very bizarre. I kind of like them even though they're creepy.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
PureX said:
Turbo, you avatars are very bizarre. I kind of like them even though they're creepy.
even though or because? ;) (Your two avatars are a bit on the creepy side too.)

Last edited:

PureX

Turbo said:
even though or because? ;) (Your two avatars are a bit on the creepy side too.)
Yup, You're right. It probably is as much because of as "even though". If your avatars weren't a little bit bizarre they wouldn't catch anyone's attention. It's like that weird guy that sings for R.E.M., he's sort of fascinating and repellant at the same time. *smile*

Status
Not open for further replies.