possibilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
Is it possible to be a reputable member of the board without being an open theist, and without endorsing your theological hero, Bob Enyart?

fool

Hall of Fame
The Edge said:
Is it possible to be a reputable member of the board without being an open theist, and without endorsing your theological hero, Bob Enyart?
perhaps,
but you can't post.

God_Is_Truth

The Edge said:

Mark 10:27
all things are possible with God ;)

yes, you can be a reputable member without being an open theist or endorsing Bob Enyart. i myself am an open theist, but know very little about Bob. i have not read his book or heard any of his shows.

in the end though, it's not something to really care much about.

SOTK

The Edge said:

I am not an Open Theist and know little about Bob Enyart. I've stated as much to you before. I've been shown love by many people on here by some who are Open Theists, Calvinists, Dispensationalists, or whatever. I consider a lot of them friends. All of them are my brothers and sisters in Christ.

The Edge, I don't believe your difficulties on here with some people are due to what you necessarily believe (theology).

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Edge said:

Yes. I'm not an open theist. And, I never heard of Bob Enyart until I came to TOL. IMHO, he's a nice guy. But, I don't agree with everything he teaches. And, Knight knows that I feel that way.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I know of two Open Theists/Enyart listeners who were banned ...for being butt heads. Not that it could ever happen to a reasonable fellow like you :doh:

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
The Edge said:
Yes, I suppose it is. :confused:

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
SOTK said:
I am not an Open Theist and know little about Bob Enyart. I've stated as much to you before. I've been shown love by many people on here by some who are Open Theists, Calvinists, Dispensationalists, or whatever. I consider a lot of them friends. All of them are my brothers and sisters in Christ.
I'm sort of an Open Theist from what I've read here. I don't know much about Bob Enyart other than what I've read here on the board. Yes, :SOTK: , you are one of the brothers in Christ.
The Edge, I don't believe your difficulties on here with some people are due to what you necessarily believe (theology).
Spot on! :up:

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
Lighthouse said:
Edge-
Why are you not an open theist?
I am not an open theist because I beliieve the Bible teaches predestination and because I think open theism takes glory away from God.

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
SOTK said:

I would hardly call my fight with EM a "difficulty." Believe me, I'm here to stay. I did not mean to say that our differences in theology would cause me to have difficulty. But it seems as though the rep system has become tied in with whether you like Enyart or not, unless you are Nori. Nori has it spot on I think. I should try to be like her. But I won't be afraid to speak my mind though, consistant with the Scriptures, of course ;)

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
deardelmar said:
I know of two Open Theists/Enyart listeners who were banned ...for being butt heads. Not that it could ever happen to a reasonable fellow like you :doh:
I'm pretty reasonable ;)

Ninjashadow

The Edge said:

I started off as a closed view theist and I don't really know anything about Enyart.

Mr. 5020

The Edge said:
I would hardly call my fight with EM a "difficulty." Believe me, I'm here to stay. I did not mean to say that our differences in theology would cause me to have difficulty. But it seems as though the rep system has become tied in with whether you like Enyart or not, unless you are Nori. Nori has it spot on I think. I should try to be like her. But I won't be afraid to speak my mind though, consistant with the Scriptures, of course ;)
I don't think anyone knows anything about your theological views. Have you stated them before?

Theological debates are not what you are known for.

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
yes, mr 5020. i had a cool discussion with logos x about universalism. i am not a universalist.

I don't care what i'm known for. :)

God_Is_Truth

The Edge said:
I do not know what a closed view theist is.

one who is not a open theist. in other words, one who believes in a future that is already determined and is unchanging, which we call closed.

SOTK

The Edge said:

The Edge, I am doing pretty well in the Reputation points area (not that it really matters...it's all in fun) and I am a 5 Point Calvinist. In terms of Bob Enyart, I really don't know him. I haven't read any of his books and I've never really talked with him. Given your theory about the rep system, how do you explain what I've pointed out?

Besides myself, there are many others who are high in reputation points whose theological beliefs are not completely the same as Bob Enyarts'.

It's one thing to not agree with a person's theological beliefs but quite another to insult a person who has theological beliefs which you do not agree with. Whether you will admit it or not, you have insulted Bob Enyart and many other Christians on here who care for him and who also happen to agree with a lot of things which Bob has preached on. This is the reason why you find yourself with low reputation points.

Status
Not open for further replies.