A thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Over the last couple days I have managed to get under more skin than usual. I think the Judge Greer thread, and my comments there, really pushed a couple folks over the edge.

Even before I lost my faith I was a minority on TOL: a postmil five-point Calvinist. Now that I'm the self-appointed Resident Gadfly, even more so. (No big deal; I'm not here to win a popularity contest.) I have been able with few exceptions to get along with most everyone here at least some of the time. That's changed and, hey. Whatcha gonna do...

I don't apologize for anything I've ever said. I am sorry for perhaps stirring up more smoke than useful...because being at TOL, I should spend my time being constructive. (And no; I am NOT just saying that because my rep points plummetted yesterday.):chuckle:

Going forward I'll do my best not to hit and run as much and to try to bring something constructive into a discussion, even if you and I disagree.

Fair enough?

P.S. I believe this is the human ritual known as "extending the olive branch."

Justin (Wiccan)

granite1010 said:

Hey ... stop waving that stick around! You'll put someone's eye out with it! :chuckle:

Seriously, that's as fair and open an offer as could be expected of anyone here. Reps to you!

Justin

Granite

Hall of Fame
Justin (Wiccan) said:
Hey ... stop waving that stick around! You'll put someone's eye out with it! :chuckle:

Seriously, that's as fair and open an offer as could be expected of anyone here. Reps to you!

Justin

Thanks. We'll see how it goes.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
granite1010 said:
Going forward I'll do my best not to hit and run as much and to try to bring something constructive into a discussion, even if you and I disagree.
:up:

Caledvwlch

monochrome said:
Okay. I will forgive your transgressions this one time, as long as you take back that mean thing you said about my momma.

- m -
You are such a... oh sorry, I was about to be counter-productive.

Granite

Hall of Fame
monochrome said:
Okay. I will forgive your transgressions this one time, as long as you take back that mean thing you said about my momma.

- m -

:chuckle:

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Hey Granite,

Can I borrow your olive branch, there seems to be a skeptical youngster nearby who needs a good thrashing... :)

Caledvwlch

Zakath said:
Hey Granite,

Can I borrow your olive branch, there seems to be a skeptical youngster nearby who needs a good thrashing... :)
Only if it's a good, old fashioned, passionate thrashin'!

Granite

Hall of Fame
Zakath said:
Hey Granite,

Consider it handed off!:chuckle:

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
granite1010 said:
Over the last couple days I have managed to get under more skin than usual. I think the Judge Greer thread, and my comments there, really pushed a couple folks over the edge.

Even before I lost my faith I was a minority on TOL: a postmil five-point Calvinist. Now that I'm the self-appointed Resident Gadfly, even more so. (No big deal; I'm not here to win a popularity contest.) I have been able with few exceptions to get along with most everyone here at least some of the time. That's changed and, hey. Whatcha gonna do...

I don't apologize for anything I've ever said. I am sorry for perhaps stirring up more smoke than useful...because being at TOL, I should spend my time being constructive. (And no; I am NOT just saying that because my rep points plummetted yesterday.):chuckle:

Fair enough?

This post all of 22 minutes after I posted this...

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753585&postcount=122

:think:

I'm not buying it. I'll believe it when I see it.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
granite1010 said:
And you guys call US skeptics.

No offense Clete, but if you're keeping track of the time between posts you might want to get out more.

I've got nothing to prove to you or anyone else. Take it or leave it.
I don't keep track, I'm just smarter than you're average field mouse. I made the connection between the two posts before noticing the times.

You have to admit, it's quite a coincidence.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Clete said:
I don't keep track, I'm just smarter than you're average field mouse. I made the connection between the two posts before noticing the times.

You have to admit, it's quite a coincidence.

I'm willing to admit your post actually made me think. Yes, that's right.

Red letter day, but, whatever. Broken clocks and all that.:chuckle:

Caledvwlch

granite1010 said:
I'm willing to admit your post actually made me think. Yes, that's right.

Red letter day, but, whatever. Broken clocks and all that.:chuckle:
Snowing outside Gerald's office is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.