The Terri Case - this is ridiculous

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
Tensions run high among supporters on both sides of the Terri Schiavo case.
From CNN.com

This is ridiculous. This friggin' case has become the most retarded media circus I ever saw. This is a private family matter that the whole country and court system does not need to be involved in. This is a waste of the judges' time. Waste of the president's time. And poor Terri! She had a living will and her husband has authority.

This crap will never end. And our media will continue to find stupid things to tell us and waste our time with. And Terri's parents are just sick, sick people. Let the poor woman die with dignity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bang:

I tried to avoid the story as long as I could because it's not my business; this family's issue is not my business and it doesn't belong in the nation's courts! This burns me up.

drbrumley

The Edge said:
From CNN.com

This is ridiculous. This friggin' case has become the most retarded media circus I ever saw. This is a private family matter that the whole country and court system does not need to be involved in. This is a waste of the judges' time. Waste of the president's time. And poor Terri! She had a living will and her husband has authority.

This crap will never end. And our media will continue to find stupid things to tell us and waste our time with. And Terri's parents are just sick, sick people.

This burns me up.

She has a living will? Where? The husband has no authority once he, and soon after Terry collapsed, had another woman thereby committing adultry. We can see plainly what his vows meant to him.

And to say the parents are sick sick people, just shows your ignorance in this matter.

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
My ignornace becuase I distance myself from the "news that doesn't need to be in the news"

I should have no knowledge of the case at all!!!! It's a private, family matter!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's my point.

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
and i have every right to say her parents are sick for making their child go through 17 years of misery and force her husband to grieve so long. he's been through enough.

drbrumley

The Edge said:
My ignornace becuase I distance myself from the "news that doesn't need to be in the news"

I should have no knowledge of the case at all!!!! It's a private, family matter!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's my point.

It becomes Public when the no good husband is trying to kill her. Your point is not taken.

drbrumley

BChristianK is right on the money here.

From the act now to save Terri's life thread

It appears that Judicial tyranny has triumphed over the will of the people and the constitutional right of a woman, depriving her of her fundamental right to life without the due process of law.

Terry Shiavo has committed no crime, she has not been found guilty of any crime that would warrant the sentence of death. There is no document that explicitly communicates Terry Shiavo’s desire in her current condition. The only evidence introduced was the hearsay testimony of a man whose dedication can be measured by the fact that he is now shacking up with another women with whom he has children.

The fact that he stands to gain financially from her death has been ignored. The fact that there is affidavit evidence from those who have had conversations with Michael Shiavo saying that he in fact did not know what Terry’s wishes would be in her current situation have been ignored.

The testimony of Dr. Cheshire from the Mayo Clinic that Terry Shiavo is not in a persistent vegetative state has been ignored.

And a judicial tyranny of only 9 people has ignored a bill passed by congress and signed into law by the President of the United States.

A few men have overridden the will of the people and their elected officials in order to ensure that Michael Shiavo has the pleasure of seeing Terry Shiavo starve to death.

If an unjust judge can ignore congress and the President and then mock the chief executive of a state by tying his hands all for the purpose of depriving a woman of her constitutionally protected right to life on the hearsay testimony of an adulterer, then we have come to a time when the bill of rights is nothing more than a relic in a museum and the rule of law is governed by the predilections and judgment of a few judicial tyrants; then this is the end of more than Terry Shiavo’s hopes.

drbrumley

So before you insert your foot in your mouth Edge, get the facts. Cause by your logic, the Nazi's would have loved you in Germany and they love you here.

Wamba

`
LIFETIME MEMBER
:nono: So it's okay to help someone kill themselves? You are supporting assisted suicide.

drbrumley

This is what Christianity has become folks. It's up to us to get it back. I call for a national boycott of National Right to Life being it seems thier judgements are convoluted and compromising.

Wamba

`
LIFETIME MEMBER
drbrumley said:
This is what Christianity has become folks. It's up to us to get it back. I call for a national boycott of National Right to Life being it seems thier judgements are convoluted and compromising.

:up:

I concur; National Right to Life is horrible... they compromise on Do Not Murder

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
If Terri had a living will agreement with her husband, why did he wait 7 years after she fell ill to mention it?

elected4ever

It makes no deference at all what anyone, even Terry Shiavo herself, thinks or has given permission too. Assisted suicide is wrong. Killing the innocent is murder. No one has the right to kill the innocent. Not even the courts. I have seen hundreds if not thousands of people who were for some tragic reason unable to care for themselves. Their families were to say the least, devastated but supported the life that was there because that life belonged to the one who possessed it and they defended that life through many hardships. They did not take it. The right to life movement has terned into the the Right to death movement. They are saying that Terry Shiavo has a right to have court assisted suicide. Think about it If you are in a condition of not being able to speak for yourself then the court has the right to sentence you to death upon request. Weather they put a needle in you arm or starve you to death, the outcome is the same. It is a death sentence. It is murder made legal. Hitler had nothing on this God forsaken country!

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
i'm no nazi and i'm offended by you calling me one. you don't fool with naziism

all i know is she had a living will. everyone i talked to told me that. the woman did not want to be alive in the state she is in, so she has the right to have her wish carried out. that's all. that's all i know.

and even if there are more facts that i overlooked before stating my opinion, I don't want to know them. this case does not need to be broadcast to the american public. it's not our business. my opinion for or against assisted suicide is not what i was writing about. i was writing about the fact that we don't need to hear about this case.

i'll take your apology at any time

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
The Edge said:
i'm no nazi and i'm offended by some fool calling me one

I don't blame ya!

all i know is she had a living will.

She did? You KNOW that?

everyone i talked to told me that.

Not everyone on this website!

the woman did not want to be alive in the state she is in,

Says who? What state? Florida isn't so bad.

so she has the right to have her wish carried out.

What wish?

that's all. that's all i know.

Are you sure you know this?

and even if there are more facts that i overlooked before stating my opinion, I don't want to know them. this case does not need to be broadcast to the american public. it's not our business. my opinion for or against assisted suicide is not what i was writing about. i was writing about the fact that we don't need to hear about this case.

What else don't you want to know about? You wanna just let the government start killing people based on their spouses hearsay? I hope you never make your wife angry....

What apology?

Sozo

BillyBob said:
What else don't you want to know about? You wanna just let the government start killing people based on their spouses hearsay? I hope you never make your wife angry....

I would suggest, to The Edge, that he never steps foot in Florida, knowing that they kill those whom they think are brain dead.

Crow

The Edge said:

all i know is she had a living will. everyone i talked to told me that. the woman did not want to be alive in the state she is in, so she has the right to have her wish carried out. that's all. that's all i know.

This case belongs in the public. Even if you ignore the woman who is being starved to death, this is the kind of case that sets legal precedence. This is the most imporatant case since Rowe vs Wade that affects the protection of innocent human life.

The woman had no living will. If you believe that you have evidence to refute this, let us know. What everyone you talked to says does not change fact. The fact that the woman had no living will has been uncontested in the legal hearings.

If you are overlooking or ignoring facts when you take a stance on a discussion board, you are doing battle as an unarmed man.

Last edited:

Wamba

`
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Edge said:

Who have you been talking to? How would they know?

So if someone wants to commit suicide you'll gladly help them? Will you give them the rope when they go to hang themselves?! I'm not seeing your logic. :madmad:

Status
Not open for further replies.