Status
Not open for further replies.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Re: service observation

Originally posted by october

Just an observation (don't want you all to think I do nothing but complain...)

What is up with general customer service these days? Either companies are not hiring good people, or they aren't training people and getting them spun up in their job well. It just seems like companies don't try hard anymore to please people. Yeah, they post all these elaborate "policies" and stuff, but the employees are taught not to follow them...they have to be efficient...get as many people out the door as possible...answer as many phone calls as you can....solve those problems quickly and get on to the next call.....and they're taught not to spend time on anyone and make them feel well treated. It's all about numbers....and they have people sitting in these secret rooms just crunching numbers and doing spreadsheets and algorithms to calculate numbers to measure how well employees do. I worked at Wells Fargo Home Mortgage, and even though the numbers would say otherwise, I think the employee who spent time fixing a botched up loan and got it to the closing table correctly and on time keeping the homebuyer from being homeless and losing his home is a better employee than the cranky girl in the next cubicle who may be really fast and answering phones and talking but provides no welcoming personal touch but remains at the top of the list for number of calls taken.

To put things in perspective:
Within the course of a week I....
1) Had to call Dominoes because a pizza was very late
2) Had to get a refund from iTunes because of problems and lack of service
3) Had to have my wife claim a refund from USPS Express Mail because it was not delivered even close to within the guaranteed time.

This is just wrong, and it shouldn't be like this. It should be about people, not numbers.
Now that you have that off your chest...do you feel any better?

There is nothing wrong with expecting quality service and even demanding so in order to keep your buisness. Just don't let it ruin your joy.

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
Nah, it doesn't ruin my joy.

It's really just something to talk about here and help me get my post count to 1000 ;)

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ninjashadow

It took me a month and a half to get to 1000 and about two weeks to get to 2000. I have WAY to much time on may hands.
You are probably going to pass me by the end of next week.

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
Well look at me, just over 600. I registered 5 years ago, and this past January I was only at 200....so in the past 2 months I went from Journeyman to Veteran to Old Timer to over 500 club.

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
That's cus I got time here at this Air Force weather course. But come April 18 when I go home, back to the kids and I won't have as much time :(

Ninjashadow

Originally posted by october

That's cus I got time here at this Air Force weather course. But come April 18 when I go home, back to the kids and I won't have as much time :(

That's over a month away! You can get to 1k by then.

Sold Out

Yeah, customer service these day stink....mainly from the younger members of the workforce.

I worked for a drugstore when I graduated high school. I was taught that 'the customer is always right' and that good customer service was not an option - it was expected. I was mystery shopped and graded on my customer service. When I left that job, I really paid attention to customer service at other places of business. If the companies are not going to enforce good customer service, then there is no reason to expect it.

Status
Not open for further replies.