Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninjashadow:You have cows as customers in Aussieland?
    Yes...we have to make up the population somehow!
    The worst guests in Oz hotels are AFL and other codes of Fotball players on 'end of season' trips to the big smoke!
    No one even needs to turn their glass upside down...it's just 'on'!

Comment

I love it when fights are booked ahead of time. That way you know when to be there.
      says:

Comment

...or not!
        That's why I love my AFL...so many fights! Though the old days are gone and they're under so many regulations, penalties for Clubs etc...takes all the FUN away!

Comment

Yep. Violence is good.
          says:

Comment

Lesser paychecks, bigger paychecks, strict policies, and whatever else you can throw at an average American employee will not make him want to be a better customer servant than he already is (not). Most of us are taught in school to lead, take charge, and make it big... not be humble, caring, and a good servant.
            grace & peace

Comment

Lucky, that is true a lot of the time.

Comment

Re: service observation

Originally posted by october

Just an observation (don't want you all to think I do nothing but complain...)

What is up with general customer service these days? Either companies are not hiring good people, or they aren't training people and getting them spun up in their job well. It just seems like companies don't try hard anymore to please people. Yeah, they post all these elaborate "policies" and stuff, but the employees are taught not to follow them...they have to be efficient...get as many people out the door as possible...answer as many phone calls as you can....solve those problems quickly and get on to the next call.....and they're taught not to spend time on anyone and make them feel well treated. It's all about numbers....and they have people sitting in these secret rooms just crunching numbers and doing spreadsheets and algorithms to calculate numbers to measure how well employees do. I worked at Wells Fargo Home Mortgage, and even though the numbers would say otherwise, I think the employee who spent time fixing a botched up loan and got it to the closing table correctly and on time keeping the homebuyer from being homeless and losing his home is a better employee than the cranky girl in the next cubicle who may be really fast and answering phones and talking but provides no welcoming personal touch but remains at the top of the list for number of calls taken.

To put things in perspective:
                Within the course of a week I....
                1) Had to call Dominoes because a pizza was very late
                2) Had to get a refund from iTunes because of problems and lack of service
                3) Had to have my wife claim a refund from USPS Express Mail because it was not delivered even close to within the guaranteed time.

This is just wrong, and it shouldn't be like this. It should be about people, not numbers.
                Now that you have that off your chest...do you feel any better?

There is nothing wrong with expecting quality service and even demanding so in order to keep your buisness. Just don't let it ruin your joy.

Comment

Nah, it doesn't ruin my joy.

It's really just something to talk about here and help me get my post count to 1000

Comment

It took me a month and a half to get to 1000 and about two weeks to get to 2000. I have WAY to much time on may hands.
                    says:

Comment

Originally posted by ninjashadow

It took me a month and a half to get to 1000 and about two weeks to get to 2000. I have WAY to much time on may hands.
                      You are probably going to pass me by the end of next week.

Comment

Well look at me, just over 600. I registered 5 years ago, and this past January I was only at 200....so in the past 2 months I went from Journeyman to Veteran to Old Timer to over 500 club.

Comment

That's cus I got time here at this Air Force weather course. But come April 18 when I go home, back to the kids and I won't have as much time

Comment

Originally posted by deardelmar

You are probably going to pass me by the end of next week.
                            Vacation is almost over, so I wont be spamming as much.
                            says:

Comment

Originally posted by october

That's cus I got time here at this Air Force weather course. But come April 18 when I go home, back to the kids and I won't have as much time
                              That's over a month away! You can get to 1k by then.
                              says:

Comment

i know i can

Comment

Working...
                                X