Postal crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
I asked my beautiful wife in Tucson to mail me some sensitive information and stuff using USPS "Express Mail" service to me in Biloxi, MS. She got two day guaranteed delivery, cited to be delivered 28 Feb. It is now nearly 3 March and it's still not here. So she went in and got her money back.

My tax forms are in there as well as some other stuff. They claim to have no record or tracking ability for it.

Do you think it will eventually arrive? I sure hope so; as I said I have time sensitive tax papers in there that I really need. Do you think the post office just thinks everything's a joke now that we have online billing and UPS and FedEx?

I tell you what, I'm just a hair's width away from banning the USPS alltogether. I could do that because I pay bills online.

What do you all think we should do? Think I'll get it still? Or is it in package oblivion?

Ninjashadow

I only send FedEx or UPS. I do letters through the USPS, but packages and such are cheaper and better through the two aforementioned carriers.

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
Yes...I agree. UPS is good. I sent her tax forms to sign by first class mail. Strange how when it's a bill, it gets there the next DAY but if it's anything else, it takes longer. It took TWO WEEKS for this letter to get to my wife from Biloxi to Tucson. So I asked her to sign them and send back by express mail two day. Silly me to think I'd actually get it in two days. What a joke the USPS is now! Well, she went in and got a refund since it says "two days guarantee" but still that solves nothing. I need my tax forms!!! The USPS plays trivial games with me but now they're fooling with my personal finances and that could get me in trouble with the IRS, and that is just not cool. Plus my wife put some nice loving treats in there for me to brighten my day while I'm on this assignment. She poured her heart into that and the USPS has singlehandedly ruined the treat.

Ninjashadow

That's bogus. The tax forms are very important I realize, but those treats may have meant more since they were from your wife.

Could you have her resend them through FedEx or something?

julie21

Was there a Wilson Basketball in the package...and did the bags go in a plane over water???
...if so, there could be another movie in the making! ;)

Now see, if you lived in Aussieland, you have a much higher standard of Postal service...my hubby and my sister are both mail officers...as I was once, and we treat /treated every article with the due respect it should be afforded!:ha:

Mmmm! CD...Frisbee time!!!

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
Well, the package from my wife arrived today. 3 days late. My wife got her money back from the post office; it was a significant amount.

I would seriously call into question any service from the USPS. They have screwed me over twice in the past month.

julie21

Yes...it could have been worse. Did they give any reason for the late delivery?
Was it going straight t you or into your employers mail system, then to you?
Quite often internal mail systems can be a problem.

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
Yes, Ninja. Thank God I have it now. I just wanted to know it was safe and accounted for. It was alarming...my wife went to get her refund at her office and they said there was no record of the package in their system; they couldn't even track their own stuff. That alarmed me.....when I informed the guy here who delivered it to me, he said someone on their end dropped the ball and did not do their job right.

Julie, no reason was given. It arrived in Biloxi this morning and then was delivered to the post office on the Air Force base early in the afternoon. no internal issues were present.

Ninjashadow

I completely understand your worries. My roommate and I sent out our rent check last year and it was routed from my landlords house in town to his house in Florida. He never got it. We sent it out again. He never got it. By this time he was acting like he was about to kick us out. We sent it a third time and had it tracked. He finally got it. We had to cancel two checks and go to the trouble and cost of having the letter tracked.

SOTK

Re: Postal crisis

Originally posted by october

I asked my beautiful wife in Tucson to mail me some sensitive information and stuff using USPS "Express Mail" service to me in Biloxi, MS. She got two day guaranteed delivery, cited to be delivered 28 Feb. It is now nearly 3 March and it's still not here. So she went in and got her money back.

My tax forms are in there as well as some other stuff. They claim to have no record or tracking ability for it.

Do you think it will eventually arrive? I sure hope so; as I said I have time sensitive tax papers in there that I really need. Do you think the post office just thinks everything's a joke now that we have online billing and UPS and FedEx?

I tell you what, I'm just a hair's width away from banning the USPS alltogether. I could do that because I pay bills online.

What do you all think we should do? Think I'll get it still? Or is it in package oblivion?

Looks like Gerald is up to his usual tricks again! :sozo2:

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
i got my tax forms, my Tourniquet CD, and some treats....she sent me reese's peanut butter cups, doritos, drakes coffee cakes, lance peanut butter sandwich cookies, cool treats from my wife who loves me!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.