Test for Knight's honor or dishonor

Status
Not open for further replies.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
passing the test.......

passing the test.......

Classic Gnostic Christian theology contains the doctrine that Yahweh, Yaldabaoth, is a phony creator god, a usurper Lucifer who climbed to EL Elyon's position only in the eyes of priests and scribes of Judah, i.e. Yahweh was man-made to take EL's position away from EL the universal Near Eastern Most High God and give it to Yahweh, the tribal war god of Israel. Wisdom exposes this religious error to those who have eyes to see for themselves and ears to hear the historical facts instead of the man-made traditions of the fathers.

Hi waterbear,

Yes...this is one classical gnostic view of Yahweh being the demiurge, an imposter god as it were (yet having a hand in the creation of this world and man), and Jesus coming along as a luminary of the true God of light and knowledge, from the superior realms of the Pleroma. Variations on this theme exist however within Gnosticism, as you probably know. There are various schools. Any researcher here can learn the basics of Gnosticism, the different views, etc. to better engage the discussion.

The Gnosis Archive

Gnostic Cosmology

Knight banned me for posting this Gnostic Christian doctrine. He says it's "blasphemy" and I can't post it. But it is classic Gnostic Christian theology and we follow Jesus Christ and Jesus' Father, EL Elyon, not Yahweh.

I havent seen the post(s) that merited your 'banning' to properly judge it, and/or if its a violation of forum rules, or what Knight himself considers 'blasphemy' in a way the forum rules might not specify, which would still hold, seeing that its his forum. Nothing that negotiation and diplomacy cant handle.

I say Knight's prejudice shows TOL is NOT a Christian forum but another fundamentalist fraud that censors other usually more liberal Christian beliefs out just like CARM for example does. If Christians of all stripes cannot be allowed to express their beliefs then TOL is fradulent in claiming itself Christian.

I realize this is a biased christian-based open forum naturally tailored towards Knights own theological preference, perspectives, and outreach. We are just along for the ride, and to make TOL an 'open arena' for all kinds of discussion. As far as what is 'christian', that can depend on who you ask, and what 'qualifications' are being proposed to even determine such. Because of such controversy over such, I no longer designate myself as a 'Christian(Other)', leaving the title 'Christian' alone...and am more comfortable here affiliating as a 'Hindu' or 'Pagan', since they are the closest slots open that resonate with my eclectic path. I did propose to Knight about having a 'Unitarian-Universalist' slot for added diversity, as that might be able to 'fit' us more pluralistic types as well.

This is to test whether or not TOL remains in the hands of bigots like Knight who are abusing rules by self-interpretation to stop Christians of differing beliefs from being able to express themselves here. If this post and me is censored and banned then you know you're not here for honest intellectual debate but here in a kangaroo court with a bunch of Good Ol' Boys running roughshod over the townspeople.

Its one thing to be an 'alarmist', lone ranger/cosmic avenger..... and another to share your point of view respectfully in a constructive, edifying way consonant with the forum rules. I can ride the edge at times, but am fairly careful, crafting discussions as a 'creative dialogue' exercise, more of a way of 'expanding consciousness'. Its a fine line of respect, learning as you go along. Sometimes just sharing something as a point of view is best, instead of assuming its anything else :)

Om shanti,

pj

Last edited:

PureX

Waterbear,

There is a difference between sharing your own beliefs, and proselytizing. I could be wrong, but I suspect you might have been banned for the latter.

I say that because if Knight were banning people simply for not being fundi-Christians, most of the participants here on TOL would be banned. We have atheists, Jews, homosexuals, and even ... LIBERALS *shuddering* posting here. And they aren't being banned.

So perhaps it's not about what you believe so much as how you're presenting it to others.

Just a thought.

Quincy

Waterbear, Valentinus probably had the most sensible view on Gnosticism. It's not so much placing the blame for everything on the creator God, but rather Mother Sophia. It all still comes back to the Pleroma however, which is the higher realm of thought or the world of ideal forms. That totality of Divinity is still the basis of all phenomena. Christ would still be a gift sent to teach us to live in the spirit and be reborn from the old flesh. There isn't necessarily the difference you are perceiving here, from essence.

waterbear

BANNED
Banned
Bingo!

So... why would you want to participate on a site run by a "bigot"? :idunno:

I wonder what jerks wrote these rules? :madmad:

"TheologyOnline is a community forum where people debate theology, religion, politics, and just about everything else."

Knight, be so kind as to read TOL's agenda. Where do you see "Gnostic Christians cannot post on TOL because I, Knight, don't like them or their theology"?

Knight, I join most every religious discussion forum I can in order to promote awareness of the Gnostic Christian tradition which, unlike your Pauline one, is very much alive and active with new information coming in every year it seems to add to the Mystery of Jesus. On many Christian forums like CARM I am routinely banned for posting Gnostic Christian beliefs as they are pretty up-front about only allowing Evangelical Christians to really have freedom to post what they believe. CARM does have sections like most forums for "other" beliefs to be posted and discussed but when push comes to shove, CARM monitors will come down against what they consider heretical Christian beliefs which Gnostic ones always were. I expect banishment from CARM because CARM is run by Evangelical bigots who have no regard for Christian historical studies or other Christian p.o.v.

From the TOL slogan I expected a more feisty group of Christians here that perhaps was willing to engage their Gnostic Christian opponents instead of taking the intellectual coward's way out, censorship of Gnostic posts and banishment of Gnostic members, but you typify the intolerant rightwing phony "Christian" who has zero interest in following Jesus' commandment to seek the truth. You just want to play two-bit god with other people's beliefs, Knight, a poor show but I expect it from power trippers like you. You can run your forum any way you want but don't expect the rightwing toady pat on the back from this TOL member that you get from others who could also care less about intellectual honesty.

some other dude

Goodness, you are whiny tonight. :chuckle:

Have you considered that perhaps the reason you've been banned from this site and others is not so much your message as the fact that you present it poorly?

IOW - have you considered that you just might be an insufferable jerk that nobody likes? :idunno:

waterbear

BANNED
Banned
Waterbear, Valentinus probably had the most sensible view on Gnosticism. It's not so much placing the blame for everything on the creator God, but rather Mother Sophia. It all still comes back to the Pleroma however, which is the higher realm of thought or the world of ideal forms. That totality of Divinity is still the basis of all phenomena. Christ would still be a gift sent to teach us to live in the spirit and be reborn from the old flesh. There isn't necessarily the difference you are perceiving here, from essence.

If I'm not banned again, I'd love to start a thread on this very subject of Gnostic hostility to Yahweh as I was shown a way out of it via the discovery of the truth of god usurpation by Judah priests and scribes leading finding EL Elyon as He was before Judah mooshed him into their Yahweh war god. It changed the whole Gnostic position for me as now I see it never was the Creator problem at all but the Yahweh Lucifer stunt. Once you put the Creator, the rightful one, EL Elyon back to His rightful position everything about Creation changes for the better, there's none of that "man is born a sinner" crapola for example from EL. That's Yahwehism, the tactic of of war god as boot camp instructor stripping the new recruit to zero social status in order to insert the war general's ideology and commands into the tabla rosa believer.

There's a whole new theology now that reestablishes the ancient Hebrew way of worshiping EL Elyon through His Son, Yahweh, i.e. Jesus Christ, who has paid the price for Yahweh's Lucifer act that has fooled the world of Judeo-Christianity for 2500 years now but never fooled those who sought Knowledge of God, Gnosis, to begin with..

ghost

Hall of Fame
"TheologyOnline is a community forum where people debate theology, religion, politics, and just about everything else."

Knight, be so kind as to read TOL's agenda. Where do you see "Gnostic Christians cannot post on TOL because I, Knight, don't like them or their theology"?

Knight, I join most every religious discussion forum I can in order to promote awareness of the Gnostic Christian tradition which, unlike your Pauline one, is very much alive and active with new information coming in every year it seems to add to the Mystery of Jesus. On many Christian forums like CARM I am routinely banned for posting Gnostic Christian beliefs as they are pretty up-front about only allowing Evangelical Christians to really have freedom to post what they believe. CARM does have sections like most forums for "other" beliefs to be posted and discussed but when push comes to shove, CARM monitors will come down against what they consider heretical Christian beliefs which Gnostic ones always were. I expect banishment from CARM because CARM is run by Evangelical bigots who have no regard for Christian historical studies or other Christian p.o.v.

From the TOL slogan I expected a more feisty group of Christians here that perhaps was willing to engage their Gnostic Christian opponents instead of taking the intellectual coward's way out, censorship of Gnostic posts and banishment of Gnostic members, but you typify the intolerant rightwing phony "Christian" who has zero interest in following Jesus' commandment to seek the truth. You just want to play two-bit god with other people's beliefs, Knight, a poor show but I expect it from power trippers like you. You can run your forum any way you want but don't expect the rightwing toady pat on the back from this TOL member that you get from others who could also care less about intellectual honesty.

Translation

waterbear

BANNED
Banned

Have you considered that perhaps the reason you've been banned from this site and others is not so much your message as the fact that you present it poorly?

IOW - have you considered that you just might be an insufferable jerk that nobody likes? :idunno:

Have you considered growing up and stopping playing kindergarten name-calling games with adults?

Is TOL an Internet grade-school playground where schoolyard bullies are picking on the ones who don't dress, talk, look like, act like, the bullies' clique? Such immature people but typical of rightwingers in my experience.

faramir77

278 posts.

Yet another in the long line of not for fellowship but to 'seeking to destroy'
from whence comest thou? and why comest hither?
...to seek and destroy, ... my own conscience.
you see 248Posts, if not for the Holy Spirit, you'd not be striving, so, blessed are thou.

-remember God when your castles turn to sand.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
waterbear, you have made it clear that TOL is well beneath your vast intellect. You need to find a forum that is more on your level. :up:

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
waterbear, you have made it clear that TOL is well beneath your vast intellect. You need to find a forum that is more on your level. :up:

Wow Knight you are really reasonable, I would just ban the booger eatin moron.

Sum1sGruj

BANNED
Banned
Knight, your site is great. We've never spoken, but I've been through a lot of sites, and they all have proven to proverbially suck.
But I'm not praising (even though I am). I don't praise. Except to one :thumb:

DaveDodo007

waterbear, seriously lose the attitude. I have been saying for a while now what you are saying which is basically that Christians are really Paulist and don't follow the teaching of Jesus of the Gospels. Just state your case and quote the Gospels and you will be fine. There is no need to come in with all guns blazing as that just turns people off. I understand that you are passionate about what you believe but if you just annoy everyone well where will that get you.

Sum1sGruj

BANNED
Banned
waterbear, seriously lose the attitude. I have been saying for a while now what you are saying which is basically that Christians are really Paulist and don't follow the teaching of Jesus of the Gospels. Just state your case and quote the Gospels and you will be fine. There is no need to come in with all guns blazing as that just turns people off. I understand that you are passionate about what you believe but if you just annoy everyone well where will that get you.

Messianic Jewry., they get lost in translation.

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
Classic Gnostic Christian theology contains the doctrine that Yahweh, Yaldabaoth, is a phony creator god, a usurper Lucifer who climbed to EL Elyon's position only in the eyes of priests and scribes of Judah, i.e. Yahweh was man-made to take EL's position away from EL the universal Near Eastern Most High God and give it to Yahweh, the tribal war god of Israel. Wisdom exposes this religious error to those who have eyes to see for themselves and ears to hear the historical facts instead of the man-made traditions of the fathers.

Knight banned me for posting this Gnostic Christian doctrine. He says it's "blasphemy" and I can't post it. But it is classic Gnostic Christian theology and we follow Jesus Christ and Jesus' Father, EL Elyon, not Yahweh.

I say Knight's prejudice shows TOL is NOT a Christian forum but another fundamentalist fraud that censors other usually more liberal Christian beliefs out just like CARM for example does. If Christians of all stripes cannot be allowed to express their beliefs then TOL is fradulent in claiming itself Christian.

This is to test whether or not TOL remains in the hands of bigots like Knight who are abusing rules by self-interpretation to stop Christians of differing beliefs from being able to express themselves here. If this post and me is censored and banned then you know you're not here for honest intellectual debate but here in a kangaroo court with a bunch of Good Ol' Boys running roughshod over the townspeople.
:rotfl: Seriously.

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame

"Insufferable jerk" pretty much says it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.