Mock those who report posts that don't break the rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Graphite

You know... I have found, in my years here at TOL... just as a general rule, mind you... that if I report someone else's post, it's usually best to not use vulgar profanity and name-calling in my explanation of what is wrong with that post (especially one that does not have profanity or name-calling, itself!) :doh:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes.....I can't really imagine anyone else doing so really....I wonder if Lighthouse has ever reported a post himself? :think:

Did you know that not every violation of rules ends up with an infraction or banning. Sometimes the staff says tone it down, or some other warning.

Or a get out of free jail card for one time use.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Did you know that not every violation of rules ends up with an infraction or banning. Sometimes the staff says tone it down, or some other warning.

How is it even relevant if I've reported posts before? I report posts that break the rules, right? Arthur clearly doesn't use his Brain.

Arthur Brain

I would have presumed as much given I used to be a moderator on a different forum myself. I was simply stating an opinion. I've not felt inclined to report any posts since joining and the fascination with mocking those who do is pretty.....lame. Still, each to their own. :e4e:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I would have presumed as much given I used to be a moderator on a different forum myself. I was simply stating an opinion. I've not felt inclined to report any posts since joining and the fascination with mocking those who do is pretty.....lame. Still, each to their own. :e4e:
Really? It's not about mocking people for reporting posts. It's about mocking them for reporting posts that don't break the rules.

Arthur Brain

Really? It's not about mocking people for reporting posts. It's about mocking them for reporting posts that don't break the rules.

Is that supposed to make it any the less lame? Does anyone care? I found Stripe's latest report to be pretty laughable considering his own dialogue and the reasons he had for reporting. He was as guilty as Jukia for any inanity or 'disrespect'. How come you didn't mention that one? Selective are we? This is why I don't bother reporting posts. I'd sooner handle any disagreements in open threads. Btw, I must be off your ignore list! Or have I just put myself back on it......

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame

:dizzy: That does not matter, you should be inclined to do so, lame or not! :Clete:

Status
Not open for further replies.