Minerva's Official Wedding Thread!

CRASH

TOL Subscriber
Minerva :jump: will give an update every 2 or 3 days at this thread and has given permission to post our PM conversations!:drum:

As you can see she is working to get things organized! :)
Here is the last set of PM's we traded;

MINERVA:
Here's the deal. The license is $45. I figure dinner at about $60 (there are 5 of us) I am still trying to find out about a church because I called all the ones in my town today (which isn't many) and none of the numbers are in service, lol. So my neighboring town has this great little church that is sort of a thing sightseers like to drive past when visiting because the whole church is covered in ivy, it's cute. I am not sure what denomination it is though so apparently I have to go driving around tomorrow to try to talk to someone in person. (TMI - right! lol) Anyway, we found some rings for like $15 a piece and I guess that's about it. I will check on the churches again tomorrow. Between pumpkin carving, tutoring children, dinner, grocery shopping and everything in between, I didn't have time today!

I don't know much about wedding, do you know if it matters if the pastor that marries you is the same denomination as the people getting married or is that just a personal preference thing?

Also, I don't know if this is all you need or not, but my brothers email is

xxxxxxxx

he said he thought that was all you would need to use the account but I have no idea and he wasn't sure so let me know if you need to know more.

I was busy today but I will have more time tomorrow so let me know if I left anything else out.

We have become ignorantly excited by the way :jump: :jump:
CRASH:
Hi Minerva,
I am getting lots of PM's asking what is going on.
I am sure you are working on getting some plans in place with the limited time you have. However, If you can give me an update every few days I will know what to tell these people! I don't think we will have any problems paying for this to be a nice wedding you can look back on with pleasure!

So, how is it going???:D Have you guys been able to pick a date? Any contacts with a Pastor yet?

MINERVA:
Yes, we are working on the plans for sure. I have to say that I can't imagine how those people who have big enormous weddings ever manage to plan them, lol. You wouldn't think it would be so hard to find a pastor, but out here in the boonies people have no "schedule" to speak of so it makes things a bit difficult but we have finally come to the conclusion that they are going to have to be in church on Sunday for sure so that's when we are going to pounce on them! :jump:
MINERVA:
We were thinking that November the 30th would be good if we can get things in place by then or if not then December the 7th sounds good too. We want to do it on a friday so that we could have someone watch the kids over night that night. We are never without the kids so it would be nice to have an evening alone.

On the 7th of this month Jared has to take off work to see his doctor (thankfully his Multiple sclerosis isn't acting up this winter) so we will be able to get a lot done that day.

If people want to know what is going on maybe we should start a thread so I can talk about it, it would be nice to have people to talk to about this whole thing with, I don't have any real friends out here and my parents could care less about it, then maybe I could stop telling you all these details that you probably don't want to hear! lol I'm just excited so that's the reason for my long PM's!:eek:

Anyway, this weekend when we snag a pastor we will be definite on the date. I will keep you updated.

Thank you again :cloud9:

QueenAtHome

:jump: woohooo

wedding bells are ringing.

:straight:

I love the "boonies". Nobody knows what is going on but everyone seems to know when things are and aren't happening. ;)

Minerva

:jump: woohooo

wedding bells are ringing.

:straight:

I love the "boonies". Nobody knows what is going on but everyone seems to know when things are and aren't happening. ;)

You've got htat right! NO one ever officially knows anything out here....EVER....football games, dances, festivals, get to gethers......there is never a set time or day or place. The only way you ever know anything is by word of mouth. Like tonight, my kids have a dance, I still don't know where or when, neither does anyone else.....it can be quite aggravating but that's all part of the laid back ways of the country I guess. You know even the major stores and places will close with no notice for the day, sometimes taco bell closes and leaves a sign on the door that says "closed for personal reasons" people just do whatever they feel like out here I guess.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am hoping you have someone in your life that can throw you some sort of a reception at some point!

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I recently went through two wedding ceremonies that we did most of the work for. I can't think right now, but if anything comes up I have suggestions here somewhere.... :)

Minerva

I am hoping you have someone in your life that can throw you some sort of a reception at some point!

I doubt it...:rolleyes:

No worries, we are going to try to get someone to watch the kids the night we get married so that we can have an evening to ourselves, if we get lucky we might get two nights!

Mystery

No worries, we are going to try to get someone to watch the kids the night we get married so that we can have an evening to ourselves, if we get lucky we might get two nights!

Well then, I hope you get lucky! :chuckle:

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I doubt it...:rolleyes:

If I lived close enough, I'd give you the weekend.

C

cattyfan

We need to make sure you have a small bouquet of some kind...

Minerva

:dizzy: Ok here's a quick update in the midst of my hectic day....I have decided that we don't live in just a country town, but an alien planet...anyway....I had some ups and downs today by way of finding a pastor but it looks like by Wednesday that I should have a definitive answer finally! :bannana: I am getting nervous now, you would think I should have this figured out by now! I will wait until Wednesday to say more because I think a few more things are going to fall into place between now and then so I will wait and spill it all at once!! :shut: Woo hoo!

Until then...here's a picture of us....you can tell we love each other...

http://i22.tinypic.com/2w7pwt3.jpg

:bannana:

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:dizzy: Ok here's a quick update in the midst of my hectic day....I have decided that we don't live in just a country town, but an alien planet...anyway....I had some ups and downs today by way of finding a pastor but it looks like by Wednesday that I should have a definitive answer finally! :bannana: I am getting nervous now, you would think I should have this figured out by now! I will wait until Wednesday to say more because I think a few more things are going to fall into place between now and then so I will wait and spill it all at once!! :shut: Woo hoo!

Until then...here's a picture of us....you can tell we love each other...

http://i22.tinypic.com/2w7pwt3.jpg

:bannana:
Is he tired, or just all smoochy?