ARCHIVE: Open Theism part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philetus

Speaking of answering ... I think you owe me one Mystery.

DOES GOD GIVE WORTH TO SOMETHING THAT OTHERWISE HAS NO WORTH.

IF GOD ASCRIBES IT WORTH WHO ARE YOU TO SAY IT IS STILL WORTHLESS TO GOD?

P

Mystery

Sorry it took me a while to answer. I had to go get another dollar. Some Christian just stole mine. (That's the reason I see your argument as absurd if you missed it.) I got me another dollar as easily as I committed another sin. (I stole it - took it - from some body else.)

Christian's confessing sin isn't asking for a second redemption. It's continuing the relationship they are guaranteed IF they continue in the faith and continuing in the faith is recognizing that our righteousness is given not earned no matter how much 'sinning' we eliminate from our lives.

You are forgiven ........ again.;)
Philetus
But Jesus says that you are cleansed from ALL sin, not one at a time. You are trying to crucify Him over and over again by rejecting the Once for All sacrifice, and replacing it with your own sacrifice.

How many of your sins were in the future when Jesus died for them?

You have no biblical evidence that a Christian is to confess their sins. NONE. It is not in the bible. The only people who can confess that they have sin are those who have not been cleansed from ALL unrighteousness. Anyone who claims that the blood of Jesus is insufficient to do that, is calling Him and His sacrifice a lie.

You obviously are in one of those anti-Christian cults that teach that a Christian can lose or give up their salvation, so I am sure that trying to get you to see the truth is a lesson in futility. Contrary to the words of Jesus, you think you can perish.

Mystery

P
It may be a page or two back, but I responded to it.

Nang

TOL Subscriber

P

Good questions, Philetus!

I especially liked that you shouted them . . .

:cool:

Philetus

But Jesus says that you are cleansed from ALL sin, not one at a time. You are trying to crucify Him over and over again by rejecting the Once for All sacrifice, and replacing it with your own sacrifice.

How many of your sins were in the future when Jesus died for them?

You have no biblical evidence that a Christian is to confess their sins. NONE. It is not in the bible. The only people who can confess that they have sin are those who have not been cleansed from ALL unrighteousness. Anyone who claims that the blood of Jesus is insufficient to do that, is calling Him and His sacrifice a lie.

You obviously are in one of those anti-Christian cults that teach that a Christian can lose or give up their salvation, so I am sure that trying to get you to see the truth is a lesson in futility. Contrary to the words of Jesus, you think you can perish.

OK, I'll move my membership this week-end. Where do I send the check?

Mystery

You were just arguing against his questions. How old are you 10? Are these the words you live by...

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend"

Get off the playground, Nang, recess is over.

themuzicman

St Peter is giving a new guy a tour of heaven, and they see groups of people, baptists, methodists, and they all give a hearty "hello."

Suddenly Peter signals for the man to remain quiet and duck below a hedge to pass a small plot. A single man sit there, apparently reading something.

After they pass, the new guy asks Peter who that is.

"Oh, that's Mystery." Peter says. "He thinks he's the only one here."

Muz

Nang

TOL Subscriber

P

Has he answered yet?

Here's how he should . . .

God gave His elect worth, by choosing them in Christ before the foundation of the world, so that they might be made acceptable in the Beloved. (Eph. 1:4-6)

Who can bring any charge, then, against one of God's elect, for whom Christ died?

"Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us." Romans 8:34

(I personally thinketh there is too much condemneth going on around here. :sigh: )

Nangeth

Mystery

St Peter is giving a new guy a tour of heaven, and they see groups of people, baptists, methodists, and they all give a hearty "hello."

Suddenly Peter signals for the man to remain quiet and duck below a hedge to pass a small plot. A single man sit there, apparently reading something.

After they pass, the new guy asks Peter who that is.

"Oh, that's Mystery." Peter says. "He thinks he's the only one here."

Muz
Yes, Wilbur, we all know that salvation is just one big joke to you. At this point, I'm pretty certain that you won't be passing by, so no need to worry about you keeping quiet.

However, it would be a blessing to everyone if you would do so now.

Philetus

As much as he likes to rant about others not answering direct questions, he tends to ignore them when it's convenient.

I didn't think of us as enemies. I don't see you as 'the enemy'. Just hashing out different opinions. Don't let the bully run you off the playground. I think his bark is worse than his bite, even if it scares the pigs. :chuckle:

Nang

TOL Subscriber
As much as he likes to rant about others not answering direct questions, he tends to ignore them when it's convenient.

I didn't think of us as enemies. I don't see you as 'the enemy'. Just hashing out different opinions. Don't let the bully run you off the playground. I think his bark is worse than his bite, even if it scares the pigs. :chuckle:

No one can bully Nang . . .

Not for long, anyway.

Philetus

Has he answered yet?

Here's how he should . . .

God gave His elect worth, by choosing them in Christ before the foundation of the world, so that they might be made acceptable in the Beloved. (Eph. 1:4-6)

Who can bring any charge, then, against one of God's elect, for whom Christ died?

"Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us." Romans 8:34

(I personally thinketh there is too much condemneth going on around here. :sigh: )

Nangeth

With the 'slight' difference in how we view 'elect' ... I agree.

It is in Christ, and only in Christ, that our value to God is revealed.

Status
Not open for further replies.