ARCHIVE: Need some expert eyes here

Mr. 5020

Vaquero45 said:
Appreciate your efforts! :)

Suggested lab tool:
If you are using natural peanut butter, stick a mixer blade in a cordless drill to mix it with.
100 times faster and easier than stirring it with a spoon or knife.

(I was proud of myself when I came up with that idea a few weeks ago. :) )
:rotfl:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Vaquero45 said:
Appreciate your efforts! :)

Suggested lab tool:
If you are using natural peanut butter, stick a mixer blade in a cordless drill to mix it with.
100 times faster and easier than stirring it with a spoon or knife.

(I was proud of myself when I came up with that idea a few weeks ago. :) )
And why exactly do we want to stir our peanut butter? :idunno:

zoo22

Knight said:
And why exactly do we want to stir our peanut butter? :idunno:

With natural peanut butter the peanut oil separates from the peanut mush. It rises to the top, and you have to stir it up, and sometimes it a real pain in the whatsit.

Regular processed PB contains partially hydrogenated oils to keep the oil from separating and it makes the shelf life a lot longer.

Good idea with the drill, V.

All of my experiments btw, have been conducted using natural peanut butter.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
zoo22 said:
With natural peanut butter the peanut oil separates from the peanut mush. It rises to the top, and you have to stir it up, and sometimes it a real pain in the whatsit.
Which of course is why I will only buy supernatural peanut butter.

Vision in Verse

So, we've established that there are hypothesis that explain the origin of life on earth which are alternatives to Christianity and are compatible with what we think we know about physical world.

GuySmiley

Vision in Verse said:
So, we've established that there are hypothesis that explain the origin of life on earth which are alternatives to Christianity and are compatible with what we think we know about physical world.
We've also established a good method for stirring natural peanut butter, and that Knight would just rather not have to stir his peanut butter.

Vision in Verse

GuySmiley said:
We've also established a good method for stirring natural peanut butter, and that Knight would just rather not have to stir his peanut butter.
Um... that's not important to me... Why don't we stay on topic?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Vision in Verse said:
So, we've established that there are hypothesis that explain the origin of life on earth which are alternatives to Christianity
Agree!

Yes a alternate hypothesis exists.
and are compatible with what we think we know about physical world.
DISAGREE!

Creating life from non-living matter is a fairy-tale. Life spontaneously generating itself is not compatible with anything we know about the physical world.

Vision in Verse

Knight said:
DISAGREE!
Creating life from non-living matter is a fairy-tale. Life spontaneously generating itself is not compatible with anything we know about the physical world.
Which law of the universe does it contradict exactly?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Vision in Verse said:
Which law of the universe does it contradict exactly?
Law of the universe???

What does that mean?

You said.....
are compatible with what we think we know about physical world.

I responded....

Vision in Verse

Knight said:
Law of the universe???
What does that mean?
What we know about the physical world:
Physics
Chemistry
Biology

Physics? Certainly atoms are capable of moving. Check!
Chemistry? Certainly organic chemicals can bond together. Check!
Biology? Certainly organic molecules can replicate. Check!

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Vision in Verse said:
What we know about the physical world:
Physics
Chemistry
Biology

Physics? Certainly atoms are capable of moving. Check!
Chemistry? Certainly organic chemicals can bond together. Check!
Biology? Certainly organic molecules can replicate. Check!
And we also know that life only comes from life. Non-living matter does not spontaneously generate into living replicating cells. Can you prove otherwise????

Vision in Verse

Knight said:
And we also know that life only comes from life.
That is an assumption.
Knight said:
Non-living matter does not spontaneously generate into living replicating cells.
Non-living organic matter, however, does change in configuration, and what is life other than replicating organic matter? There is no reason this configuration of replicating organic molecules cannot be reached without intelligence.
Knight said:
Can you prove otherwise????
No, and let me remind you can't prove it either way as well.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Vision in Verse said:
That is an assumption.
No.... the assumption would be the opposite.

There is no reason this configuration of replicating organic molecules cannot be reached without intelligence.
Scientists cannot create life from non-living matter using all of their intelligence. What makes you think a puddle of water can do it without intelligence?

What makes a puddle, or a volcano, or some clay so much better at creating life than scientists in a lab?

Vision in Verse

Knight said:
Scientists cannot create life from non-living matter using all of their intelligence. What makes you think a puddle of water can do it without intelligence?
What makes a puddle, or a volcano, or some clay so much better at creating life than scientists in a lab?
This is not as important until I get this next point across.
Knight said:
No.... the assumption would be the opposite.
Why is the belief that life cannot arise from non-life not an assumption?
What makes something an assumption?

GuySmiley

Vision in Verse said:
That is an assumption.
Supported by observation.

Non-living organic matter, however, does change in configuration, and what is life other than replicating organic matter? There is no reason this configuration of replicating organic molecules cannot be reached without intelligence.
This is an assumption unsupported by observation.