Were the Pyramids made out of concrete?

bob b

Science Lover
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If the Egyptians cast, rather than quarried and cut, at least some of the massive stones in the pyramids, rediscovery of their secrets could provide economical, nonpolluting building material alternatives for third-world countries.12 Although the idea of cast stone flies in the face of traditional Egyptology, Dr .Barsoum’s evidence adds great weight to this hypothesis and should spur further research to confirm his findings and hopefully develop modern equivalents.
http://www.answersingenesis.org/docs2007/0129casting-stones.asp

TheLaughingMan

BANNED
Banned
bob b said:
If the Egyptians cast, rather than quarried and cut, at least some of the massive stones in the pyramids, rediscovery of their secrets could provide economical, nonpolluting building material alternatives for third-world countries.12 Although the idea of cast stone flies in the face of traditional Egyptology, Dr .Barsoum’s evidence adds great weight to this hypothesis and should spur further research to confirm his findings and hopefully develop modern equivalents.
I'm not clear on why the current understanding of the pyramids goes against the bible.

Can you explain? This doesn't make sense to me (from the article)

"The evolutionary model of the history of early man presents man as an ignorant primitive gradually acquiring intellectual skills and technology. However, the biblical description of mankind’s dispersal from the Tower of Babel is consistent with the findings of advanced technology among ancient people all over the world.I ndeed, God’s own assessment of the people at Babel was that “nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do""

???

bob b

Science Lover
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
TheLaughingMan said:
I'm not clear on why the current understanding of the pyramids goes against the bible.

"The evolutionary model of the history of early man presents man as an ignorant primitive gradually acquiring intellectual skills and technology. However, the biblical description of mankind’s dispersal from the Tower of Babel is consistent with the findings of advanced technology among ancient people all over the world.I ndeed, God’s own assessment of the people at Babel was that “nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do""
???

Ancient people were little more than "cavemen" or "goatherders".

Thus, Noah couldn't have built an Ark that was very large. It was obviously only a small crude raft on which he saved his livestock from a local river flood. But the story got bigger and better with each retelling around the campfire, like the "telephone" game.

Or so we are told by PBS or equivalent (PBS actually did a dramatization of how this works).

Real Sorceror

TheLaughingMan said:

???
My guess is that the author is trying to misrepresent the evolutionists position, something that occurs quite often on that site.

TheLaughingMan

BANNED
Banned
bob b said:

Thus, Noah couldn't have built an Ark that was very large. It was obviously only a small crude raft on which he saved his livestock from a local river flood. But the story got bigger and better with each retelling around the campfire, like the "telephone" game.

Or so we are told by PBS or equivalent (PBS actually did a dramatization of how this works).
Oh, I see, the strawman that is being constructed is evolutionists don't believe that the pyramids could have been built by Egyptians...I see.

Real Sorceror

bob b said:

Bob b, nobody is saying that ancient peoples didn't have advanced technology. They did and we know that they did.
Just to clarify though, the level of technology found on the Earth at that time was not consistant all over the world. Some people really where just farmers and goatherders, while others, like the Egyptions, likely had very advanced technology by comparison.

TheLaughingMan

BANNED
Banned
It's pretty disgusting the strawman argument the author makes. No mainstream scientists believe that aliens built the pyramids....why try to drive wedges between people like this? Who is she to say 'evolutionists' think that man couldn't have built the pyramids? What scientists think man did NOT build the pyramids? Why should I take a creationist gynecologist's word for it?

The concrete theory isn't especially new, I hope they can find out one way or another how they did it. I do wonder if it would really mean an economical way for third world countries to make concrete, who's to say they didn't use giant presses to create the pressure, or some other means that isn't economical even though it is 'old'.

Anyway, we can already make pretty darn concrete now :)

Johnny

AiG said:
New evidence regarding the advanced technology evident in the ancient Egyptian pyramids is consistent with the Bible’s account of history. The evolutionary model of the history of early man presents man as an ignorant primitive gradually acquiring intellectual skills and technology.
What a blatant strawman.

Roberterasmus

I don't know about "giant presses" to form the pyramid concrete, but I'll sign on for the "giants" (aka - the Nephilim).

Anyone, anyone?

Bob

Real Sorceror

bob b said:
Anyone here for cavemen or goatherders building the Ark? ;)
Nope. I don't believe the Ark was real, of course, but a craft like that would require some master shipwrights and architects, top grade material and tools.
The only people that come to mind are the Vikings, although their ships weren't quite so large.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
bob b said:

Well shoot... this sure does take the sails out of UFO conspiracies, doesn't it?

All this time folks have been trying to figure out how they drug those big ol' blocks all that way and hefted them into place, and here we see they may have just made them right there. Interesting :) I hope to hear more on the issue ...

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Roberterasmus said:
I don't know about "giant presses" to form the pyramid concrete, but I'll sign on for the "giants" (aka - the Nephilim).

Anyone, anyone?

Bob
I've heard in some circles that the Nephilim (or their descendants) supposedly still walk among us today.

What's your opinion, Roberterasmus?

littledoc

Real Sorceror said:
My guess is that the author is trying to misrepresent the evolutionists position, something that occurs quite often on that site.

You should read the dinosaur page, it's hilarious.

carolus magnus

Emperor of the Known Universe
LIFETIME MEMBER
Gerald said:
I've heard in some circles that the Nephilim (or their descendants) supposedly still walk among us today.

I'm currently reading Nephilim and the Pyramid of the Apocalypse where the author makes the argument that the Nephilim are still around. Perhaps they are the "aliens" responsible for abducting people and performing genetic experiments on them. To make it clear I do not believe this kind of stuff, but I enjoy speculating about it. The author makes some intriguing historical connections between legends of giants, remarkable architectural feats of the ancients, and then goes off the deep end about genetic engineering to explain all the half-beast creatures of mythology such as centaurs, satyrs, sphinx and so on.

The one point I do give credence to though, is that ancient man was far more advanced than we give him credit for. And I would dare say in some ways even more advanced than we are now. Particularly in the days just before the flood.

So I am not surprised when I hear of amazing technologies of ancient man.

Gerald

Resident Fiend
carolus magnus said:
I'm currently reading Nephilim and the Pyramid of the Apocalypse where the author makes the argument that the Nephilim are still around. Perhaps they are the "aliens" responsible for abducting people and performing genetic experiments on them.
One small problem: there aren't any aliens abducting people.
To make it clear I do not believe this kind of stuff...
That's good to know...
The author makes some intriguing historical connections between legends of giants, remarkable architectural feats of the ancients...
L. Sprague de Camp accomplished that handily with The Ancient Engineers, and without a single "giant" in sight.
...and then goes off the deep end about genetic engineering to explain all the half-beast creatures of mythology such as centaurs, satyrs, sphinx and so on.
Why folks just can't accept the notion that critters like that exist only in people's heads escapes me...
The one point I do give credence to though, is that ancient man was far more advanced than we give him credit for.
Well, I'm not one of the folks who sells the ancients short.
And I would dare say in some ways even more advanced than we are now. Particularly in the days just before the flood.
Any examples of this alleged wondrous technology?
So I am not surprised when I hear of amazing technologies of ancient man.
Well, creative use of levers isn't all that amazing once you figure out how to do it.