Bob Hill's bottom line?

billwald

Bob Hill's bottom line is that anyone who reads the Bible and concludes that the description of "saved" applies to himself is "saved?"

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
billwald said:
Bob Hill's bottom line is that anyone who reads the Bible and concludes that the description of "saved" applies to himself is "saved?"
Way to back up your claim there, billwald. :thumb:

Are you saved? :think:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
billwald said:
My guess is your taking a bit of "liberty" with the context of Bob Hill's statement.

elohiym

Knight said:
I also sin.

I wish I didn't, but I do.

Thankfully, my sin has already been paid for, and therefore I need not ask again for forgiveness. :cloud9:
:shocked:

You can't be that dense.

Think about what you just said in light of our recent debate.

hitek357

James 5:16 - Therefore, confess your sins to one another...

I sin. I wish I could NOT, but just the other day, some jerk cut me off in traffic, and I hated him for a brief moment...

jeremiah

BANNED
Banned
billwald said:

Wow, you talk about your easy believism!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here, I have a better one for you, even better than the above, mocking description of salvation. Have you ever met a Calvinist who thought he wasn't saved?

Think about that one for a while. If I ever met someone who concluded that the Bible defined Salvation by the election of God, and then examined the qualities of the elect, and concluded that he was one of the unelect, I might consider Calvinism as a legitimate understanding of God's way of saving us. I personally have NEVER found even one person with the "honesty" to admit it!

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
jeremiah said:

Here, I have a better one for you, even better than the above, mocking description of salvation. Have you ever met a Calvinist who thought he wasn't saved?

Think about that one for a while. If I ever met someone who concluded that the Bible defined Salvation by the election of God, and then examined the qualities of the elect, and concluded that he was one of the unelect, I might consider Calvinism as a legitimate understanding of God's way of saving us. I personally have NEVER found even one person with the "honesty" to admit it!
Have you met allsmiles and Granite?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
jeremiah said:

Ever Read Romans 7?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
elohiym said:
Think about what you just said in light of our recent debate.
:rotfl: Your point????

I haven't seen one even semi compelling point on this topic from you or Sozo.

It's a massive flop. Seriously, if I were you I would drop it and start over.... you are a mess.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
billwald said:

Bob would clarify your misrepresentation and misunderstanding of your views if you give him a heads up. We do not always word things the way we should, so be slow to jump to conclusions.

jeremiah

BANNED
Banned
Turbo said:
Have you met allsmiles and Granite?

Are you saying that these two people believe in God, and that God saves people by election, and that they believe that they are the unelect, and expect to die and go to hell?

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
jeremiah said:
Are you saying that these two people believe in God, and that God saves people by election, and that they believe that they are the unelect, and expect to die and go to hell?

They are both self-proclaimed "former Christians" who maintain that the "correct" interpretation of the Bible is the Calvinist one. In other words, they "concluded that the Bible defined Salvation by the election of God, and then examined the qualities of the elect, and concluded that [they are] of the unelect." In fact, just about every "former Christian" I encounter had a Calvinistic understanding of the God of the Bible, which contributed to their rejection of Him, since such a God would ultimately be the cause of all wickedness.

elohiym

Turbo said:
elohiym, is it a sin to take the Lord's name in vain?
Yes.

Exodus 20:7 Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

Your point?