Evidence for Creation & Against Evolution.

fool

Hall of Fame
Apologist said:
Will you pro rep me if it sounds convincing enough?
You should speak truth for truth sake, not for green squares.
Green squares weigh nothing with God, He measures your heart.

fool

Hall of Fame
One Eyed Jack said:
Come on guys -- let's not derail this thread any further.
In all honesty I was done as soon as it got started.
I don't really care if Bob wants to sit in a thread by himself and slowly paste someones book, let him be, he harms only those who came looking for a justification for what they wanted to believe.
BobB; you have failed in your fellowship and your witness and I bid you farewell.

noguru

fool said:
In all honesty I was done as soon as it got started.
I don't really care if Bob wants to sit in a thread by himself and slowly paste someones book, let him be, he harms only those who came looking for a justification for what they wanted to believe.
BobB; you have failed in your fellowship and your witness and I bid you farewell.

Bob is just "Keepin it real."

bob b

Science Lover
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I really enjoy it when the atheists get so mad at the evidence for creation and against evolution that they resort to name calling, etc.

This encourages me because it indicates that they have no logical reason to believe in evolution and that God doesn't exist.

BTW, why does fool mention God when he supposedly believes that He doesn't exist?
:kookoo:

(FYI: I begged off from my moderator designation a number of years ago when I realized I was spending all my time posting and neglecting all those other things that a moderator is supposed to do, but the title was left below my name for several years after that even though I was no longer acting as a moderator)

noguru

bob b said:
I really enjoy it when the atheists get so mad at the evidence for creation and against evolution that they resort to name calling, etc.

How can you tell someone is mad over the internet? fool does not appear to be mad to me. The last person that I believe got mad on this thread was you. The only reason I say that is because you admitted it.

bob b said:
This encourages me because it indicates that they have no logical reason to believe in evolution and that God doesn't exist.

So apparently neither did you, all those years that you believed it. (Bob please don't explain your conversion process again. I've heard it many times, and thoroughly unimpressed.)

bob b said:
BTW, why does fool mention God when he supposedly believes that He doesn't exist?
:kookoo:

Perhaps he is assuming His existence for the sake of argument. People do that all the time, and they are not considered crazy.

bob b said:
(FYI: I begged off from my moderator designation a number of years ago when I realized I was spending all my time posting and neglecting all those other things that a moderator is supposed to do, but the title was left below my name for several years after that even though I was no longer acting as a moderator)

I see. You can't seem to keep your focus on the task at hand. :yawn:

bob b

Science Lover
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
noguru said:
How can you tell someone is mad over the internet? fool does not appear to be mad to me. The last person that I believe got mad on this thread was you. The only reason I say that is because you admitted it.
So apparently neither did you, all those years that you believed it. (Bob please don't explain your conversion process again. I've heard it many times, and thoroughly unimpressed.)

I believed in evolution for many years because the impression I got from the media was that everybody believed it except fundamentalist kooks. When I actually read the details of the theory it didn't add up (bigtime).

Perhaps he is assuming His existence for the sake of argument. People do that all the time, and they are not considered crazy.

Why is it that those who believe in evolution seem to have no sense of humor about it? ;)

I see. You can't seem to keep your focus on the task at hand. :yawn:

I'm beginning to think you don't like me, but that's just a guess of course. :wave:

the Sibbie

Thanks for the articles bob b! I really enjoy reading about the evidence for creationism. :D I bet half these jokers have no clue about all the evidence for creation. Their too lazy or blinded. Keep up the good work!

bob b

Science Lover
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
the Sibbie said:
Thanks for the articles bob b! I really enjoy reading about the evidence for creationism. :D I bet half these jokers have no clue about all the evidence for creation. Their too lazy or blinded. Keep up the good work!

Thanks.

Now back to the evidence.

14. Speech
Speech is uniquely human.a Humans have both a “prewired” brain capable of learning and conveying abstract ideas, and the physical anatomy (mouth, throat, tongue, larynx, etc.) to produce a wide range of sounds. Only a few animals can approximate some human sounds.

Because the human larynx is low in the neck, a long air column lies above the vocal cords. This helps make vowel sounds. Apes cannot make clear vowel sounds, because they lack this long air column. The back of the human tongue, extending deep into the neck, modulates the air flow to produce consonant sounds. Apes have flat, horizontal tongues, incapable of making consonant sounds.b

Even if an ape could evolve all the physical equipment for speech, that equipment would be useless without a “prewired” brain for learning language skills, especially grammar and vocabulary.

Reference:

a. Mark P. Cosgrove, The Amazing Body Human (Grand Rapids: Baker Book House, 1987), pp. 106–109.

“If we are honest, we will face the facts and admit that we can find no evolutionary development to explain our unique speech center [in the human brain].” Ibid., p. 164.

b. Jeffrey T. Laitman, “The Anatomy of Human Speech,” Natural History, August 1984, pp. 20–26.

 “Chimpanzees communicate with each other by making vocal sounds just as most mammals do, but they don’t have the capacity for true language, either verbally or by using signs and symbols. ... Therefore, the speech sound production ability of a chimpanzee vocal tract is extremely limited, because it lacks the ability to produce the segmental contrast of consonants and vowels in a series. ... I conclude that all of the foregoing basic structural and functional deficiencies of the chimpanzee vocal tract, which interfere or limit the production of speech sounds, also pertain to all of the other nonhuman primates.” Edmund S. Crelin, The Human Vocal Tract (New York: Vantage Press, 1987), p. 83.

noguru

bob b said:
I believed in evolution for many years because the impression I got from the media was that everybody believed it except fundamentalist kooks. When I actually read the details of the theory it didn't add up (bigtime).

Well why would you make decisions in life based on the media's opinion? I don't pay attention to all the hype the media puts out much. I can't say that knowing you did gives me a warm fuzzy feeling about your opinion. :rolleyes:

bob b said:
Why is it that those who believe in evolution seem to have no sense of humor about it? ;)

No sense of humor? :shocked: Perhaps you can teach me how to have a better sense of humor. Oh wait, that is exactly what you are doing in this thread.

bob b said:
I'm beginning to think you don't like me, but that's just a guess of course. :wave:

Actually you would be wrong with that guess. I tend to have great affinity for those adept at non-sensical humoristic rants.