ARCHIVE: Free From Sin - 1 John

elected4ever

Knight said:
Thank you for the insult but you didn't answer my question. I asked...

If (as you assert) Romans 4 should actually be translated...

"And whose (Offenses) are covered"

Why would "offenses" need to be covered? Covered from what?

My question is highlighted in BLUE.
Stay in love with your sin if it makes you feel better. But if you are a sinner you do not belong to God. It is just that simple. I am just going to set back and watch you guys defend your right to sin. Have at it.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
elected4ever said:
You are still defending your sin. :juggle:

So who all on this thread are you now claiming aren't Christians? (...since Christians can not sin...)

elected4ever

Nineveh said:
So who all on this thread are you now claiming aren't Christians? (...since Christians can not sin...)
All who say they are sinners. God's children cannot sin so they are not sinners. Only sinners sin. So if you sin you are not of God. That simple. I am not the one who makes the choice for anyone to retain their sin. A person makes that choice for themselves. If you are a sinner I am just agreeing with you.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Spitfire said:
And how will the rest be removed?
It's already been removed from who I am, when I was crucified with Christ. And it will not be going to heaven, period.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Untellectual said:
Lighthouse,

If there is no law then has the requirement of the Law been met? Wasn't it the Law that made sin sinful? There was sin before the Law too.

Also, are you saying that Christians do not transgress the law?

And, if there is no law then how was Paul not without the law in ministering to Gentiles?

Wondering if the requirement has been met and Christians are blameless.

Shalom,

Jacob
Deuteronomy 6:4; Matthew 5:17-20; John 11:25; Romans 1:16-17
Christ was the end of the law for righteousness, and we, as members of the Body of Christ, are not under the law, period. And not being under the law, we cannot transgress it. Christ already met the requirement, because we could not. It has been met, and therefore does not need to be met anymore.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
godrulz said:
Flesh is a metaphor for sin, in contrast to a life yielded to the Spirit. We are to walk in the Spirit and not in the flesh (exhortation shows some were still walking in the flesh). John Wesley talked about an erradication of a sinful nature with a definitive work subsequent to salvation. This 'sinless perfectionism' was one error in an otherwise helpful theology.
So you believe there will be sin in heaven?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
godrulz said:
Sin is not a thing in a box. Sinful choices no longer exist after the choice. They do not stay around to be left behind. Sin is not a substance or thing. Adultery is an act, not a literal 'thing'. We are justified in Christ, treated as if we never sinned. It is not a matter of reversing actual sins nor gathering them up in a bag to be thrown away. One act can be different than our standing. A believer can be in Christ, yet be sinful in one motive, thought, or act. If one is fornicating, they are not righteous in that one act, yet they are still in relationship with Christ.
Is there sin in Heaven?

And why do you continue to insist it is our actions that determine our righteousness?!

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
elected4ever said:
This is getting to be the most idiotic tread I have ever read. I go away for a day and the stupidity that comes out of your pie holes is amazing. Isn't there anyone on this board who knows what a child of God is other that Zozo and me?
Just pretend I'm not here.:squint:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
elected4ever said:
Stay in love with your sin if it makes you feel better. But if you are a sinner you do not belong to God. It is just that simple. I am just going to set back and watch you guys defend your right to sin. Have at it.

elected4ever

Knight said:

Let me know when you decide to believe God. Other wise i will agree with you that you are still a sinner and no sinners are children of God. Don't get mad at me for agreeing with you. That is the way you wont it so that is what you will get. I have answered your questions but I will not answer them over and over and over and over.. You have already turned a deft ear.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
elected4ever said:
Let me know when you decide to believe God. Other wise i will agree with you that you are still a sinner and no sinners are children of God. Don't get mad at me for agreeing with you. That is the way you wont it so that is what you will get. I have answered your questions but I will not answer them over and over and over and over.. You have already turned a deft ear.
Have it your way boss.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
elected4ever said:
You do not know what a child of God is and I could care less what you think. As for as it being a mistake, God does not make a mistake. You do not believe God. End of story.

Your pious pontification is very vacuous.

A child of God is one who has received Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior (Jn. 1:12; Gal. 3:26). Sons of God are those who are led by the Spirit (Romans 8:14; Galatians).

God does not make a mistake. What you call a mistake, God calls sin. I believe God, but the challenge is to properly translate and interpret His Word in context.

Last edited:

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Lighthouse said:
So you believe there will be sin in heaven?

No. There is perfect light in heaven. We will be glorified and see and know Him as He is. What does this have to do with our earthly experience, especially as a new believer who may still mess their diapers without being killed by God the Father?

There is some academic debate about why we will not sin in heaven. Some Open Theists have speculated as to what this will be like. Scripture is silent on this aspect of heaven. What we do know is that our temporal experience still involves temptation, living in a fallen world, a body with desires that seek to pull us out of our walk with the Spirit, etc.

There will not be sin in heaven. This does not change the evidence that believers are not immune to sin, sickness, struggle, and death in this life (though we DO NOT HAVE TO SIN..it is a stupid choice if we do sin that will be challenged by the HOLY Spirit).

godrulz

Hall of Fame
elected4ever said:

We all love God and holiness and hate sin. We are exhorted to hate evil and sin and to cling to the good. We are exhorted to obey, not disobey. Just because one affirms free will theism and the possibility of sin is not tantamount to loving sin, clinging to sin, denying Christ and His finished work, etc. We do not defend a right to sin. We recognize the possibility of it, but more strongly affirm that there is no excuse if one sins and that there is provision for forgiveness and victory.

Your views are unbiblical and lack pastoral application for new Christians who sometimes yield to temptation. Your literalisms have become legalisms. You caricature other's views and beat your chest when you poke fun of your straw man.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
elected4ever said:
I am just going to set back and watch you guys defend your right to sin. Have at it. .

Nobody has done this. And you should be ashamed for suggesting such a thing. :nono:

e4e, you're making a fool of yourself.

I'm embarrassed for you for being unwilling to talk about this reasonably and for being unable to express a clear thought much of the time. You continue to twist words and misrepresent what is being said. You seem more interested in insulting those who are trying to be reasonable and who have gone to great lengths to be very clear in their responses.

I pray you reconsider not only this absurd position you're taking but also what it means for brethren to come and reason together.

Last edited:

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Lighthouse said:
Is there sin in Heaven?

And why do you continue to insist it is our actions that determine our righteousness?!

I am saying that the action of adultery is not righteous, whether committed by a believer or an unbeliever. I am not saying that our actions determine our righteousness or destiny. Faith vs unbelief determines our destiny. The Bible links holiness with obedience. Why do you insist on divorcing personal responsibility from the work of the indwelling Spirit (it is both/and, not either/or)? Are you arguing that sinful actions are righteous just because we said a sinner's prayer?

Salvation is being in Him, not perfection of good works or self-righteousness. This does not mean that we are not to grow in the grace and knowledge of Christ subsequent to conversion. It does not mean that the fruit of the Spirit is instantaneous with no process or that deeds of the flesh cannot happen in a believer's life (lying is a sin; Paul challenged believers to quit lying or sinning in their anger or immorality).

See Romans 6; 2 Cor. 7:2; I Peter 1:13-16; 2 Peter 1:3-11, etc.