The Heretics Message to the World:Be Baptized to be Saved! (HOF thread)

c.moore

Quote by JustAchristian

Symbolism needs to be understood in order to give proper biblical interpretation. Water is symbolized as a grave in Romans 6. We are buried in the grave of water. A grave consist of a hole, dirt and covering up.

Quote by c.moore
Are you saying that the water baptism is really a symbol of the spiritual baptism??????

Quote JustAchristian

In the latter part of Gal. 3:27, Paul states that in baptism we "put on Christ." Again we come to symbolism.

Quote c.moore
Are you saying that water baptism is a symbol AGAIN??????????????????????

Quote JustAchristian

WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS ABOUT BAPTISM
Baptism is the point at which a person is united with Christ into His death and resurrection into "newness of life" (Rom 6:3)
There is only ONE recognized baptism. "One Lord, one faith, one baptism," (Eph 4:5)

There is not a spiritual baptism and a water baptism.

The baptism recognized is the one instituted by Christ himself, which He said was in order to "fulfill ALL righteousness" (Mt 3:15).

Quote c.moore
You said; that you didn´t say this in one of your post, but here is the proof again.
I don`t know if your lieing ,or if your confused.
I hope this is not the reason why you don`t understand about the truth of water baptism.
Please check out what you posted, because so how it look like you was calling me a liar, but I don`t let this bother me because I can humble myself even though I know I am right, and correct about something. If you can`t didvide rightly your posts, then I think you will have A hard time dividing the bible.
I just want to be a help and A blessing to you,
I guess because it`s just Jesus in me, but check this out JustAchristian!

Quote by JustAchristian
I have never contended that there was never two baptisms. In fact, there is three baptisms : Water, Holy Spirit and fire. Am I getting too deep for you c.moore? What we need to always do is in fact, rightly divide the word of God. John came baptizing in the Jordan (water baptism). Jesus baptized with the Holy Spirit (On the day of Pentecost over the Apostles, and at the house of Cornelius. This fulfulled the promise that all flesh (Jew and Gentile) would be baptrized with the Holy Spirit. All flesh does not mean all people, for there are numerous examples of Christians that did not experience the HolySpirit baptism in the Bible.

Quote by cmoore

What`s up with that JustAchristian?
You write about my spelling and say it so bad, but you can see the log in your eyes about you contraditions.
HHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMM???????
I am still waiting again for an answer JustAchristian.:confused:

let God bless you
peace

c.moore

in the name of all three is commanded

in the name of all three is commanded

Quote by melody

How many names did Jesus tell them to baptize in?

Quote by c.moore
Jesus said;
M't:28:19: Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Notice, that Jesus is speaking, and He commands these three names, not paul or any apostle , Jesus said: Father AND meaning something included or added to the Father name which is the SON, AND meaning again included in the baptism the person the HOLY SPIRIT. This is a commandment Jesus said to baptize in these names melody.
I do believe that all three name is any ways Jesus, and Jesus is God, and Jesus is the Holy Spirit so I really have no problem when someone still says in the name of Jesus because I know Jesus, and I know He is all three in on name.
I know even if someone baptize in the name of the Holy Spirit I know it`s still Jesus, and God, because I have this personal relationship with my Father to know the deep meaning of the three in one.

Quote by Melody
ONE NAME!

What is the only name that saves us?

Jesus Christ!

Quote by c.moore

Every knee must bow before Jesus, and Jesus is above every name , for us ,but If you know who Jesus really is you will understand that God has given Jesus all honor and is please when we us Jesus name and honor and glorify Jesus.

Col:1:19: For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

This is also the reason why we should use Jesus name even though we should give the honor to the Father God Almighty.

Re:4:11: Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Re:5:12: Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.
Re:5:13: And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

I think after reading what I quoted might open your understanding to why the reason we say in the name of Jesus here on earth. But the truth of the matter 1Jo:5:7: For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
1Jo:5:8: And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.
1Jo:5:9: If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.
1Jo:5:10: He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.
1Jo:5:11: And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

Sorry I responded a little late sister Melody, and thank you very much for answering my questions.

Let God Bless you
peace:)

missedmarks

I find it amusing that get so wrapped up in the details of baptism that we have created whole doctrines to support whatever particular claim. We cite volumes upon volumes of scripture. We argue ceaslessly.

In taking a look at scripture, I see several baptisms. I see no explicit instructions on how to do it or what to say or even when to perform the baptism. The only specific instruction I have found with Jesus in regards to Baptism is that we baptize ALL NATIONS.

c.moore

missedmarks

How shouild we baptize the nations in the water rite baptism or a Spiritual Bptism that will not perish???????

God bless

B

biblicalanser4u

Thanks for your post MissedMark,

I find it amusing that get so wrapped up in the details of baptism that we have created whole doctrines to support whatever particular claim. We cite volumes upon volumes of scripture. We argue ceaslessly.

Ditto that. Not so much as amusing but sad. :(

Much has already been said about the so-called sacrament or ordinance of water babtism. Roman Catholics and all evangelical Protestants profess to agree on such truths as the inspiration of the Bible, the doctrine of the trinity, the virgin birth and the deity of Jesus Christ. man's need of salvation, the provision of salvation through the work of Christ. But there the agreement ends. How is man to receive this salvation which Christ has provided and which man sorely needs? All sacramentarian churches reply: The grace of salvation is communicated through the sacraments.

Roman Catholics are absolute sacramentarians, insisting that it is impossible to receive salvation apart from the sacraments. Others, such as the reformed churches, teach that the sacraments are the appointed means, but that God in His sovereignty can impart salvation directly apart from the means.
I have seen on this thread the various denominational bodies intrepretations. Sorry to say that one of the areas of the split between various denominations is that of water babtism. The spectrum of beleif and practice goes all the way from absolute insistence on the ceremony for salvation to absolute insistence that there is no validity for the practice of the ceremony in any shape or form. :(

Before continuing this thread on babtism, it should be noted that the Scriptures speak of at least 12 distinct kinds of babtism, and that only 5 have any reference to a ceremony involving the use of water or of any other physical substance.

1. Christ baptizing with the Holy Spirit (Matthew 3:11), which took place the day of Pentecost and resulted in the ability with miraculous power from on high (Luke 24:49).

2. Christ babtizing with fire (Luke 3:16). From the context it appears that this babtism of fire is yet future and perhaps describes the phenomenom which will accompany His second coming.

3. The Holy Spirit babtizing beleivers into the Body of Christ (1 Corinthians 12:13).

4.Christ's babtism into death upon the cross (Luke 12:50).

5.The typical babtism of Noah's ark (1 Peter 3:20,21), the antitype of which is Christ's death babtism, the babtism which now saves us.

6. The babtism of the children of Isreal unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea (1 Corinthians 10:2). The Isrealites in this babtism went through on dry land, but the Egyptians were immersed.

7. The babtism for the dead (1 Corinthians 15:29). This is a much disputed passage, but it appears from the context that Paul is speaking of babtism as a suffering of martyrdom, similar to the usage in point 4 above.

Now the 5 ritual type of babtisms which are mentioned in Scripture are:

1. The Divers Babtisms of the Law (Hebrews 9:9,10). The word translated "washings" in the A.V. is babtismos. The Levitical ritual contained divers or various kinds of babtisms. The most common probably was the sprinkling of the water of purification according to the ordinance of the red heifer (Numbers 19). It is important to understand that water babtism is not an innovation of the New testament. Isreal practised many babtisms for 1500 years before New Testament times. The preists were inducted into office by babtism of the laver. These were all types, looking forward to the fulfillment in a spiritual reality, not in another physical ritual.

2. The traditional Babtisms of the Jews (Mark 7:1-9), where the word translated "washing" is again babtismos. These babtisms were similar tothose of the Law, but they were never commanded by God and, in fact, they served only to make the commandment of God of none effect.

3. John's babtism (John 1:31 and Luke 3:3), the purpose of which as stated was to introduce Jesus as Isreal's Messiah and to effect the remission of sins.

4. The Babtism of Christ by John (Matthew 3:15), which in all outward appearances was the same as point 3 above, but which was designed to "fulfill all righteouness." In this babtism Jesus identified Himself offically with sinful humanity. This identification was completed on the cross when He died for the sins of the whole world. He was not a sinner, but He took His place as a sinner by being babtized by John.

5.Pentecostal water babtism for the remission of sins (Acts 2:38). This babtism is called a babtism of repentance for the remission of sins. Just the same as john's babtism, but it is in advance on John's babtism, in that it resulted in the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Next post here will deal with the meaning of Babtism. I hope this helps anyone who is searching.

God Bless

B

biblicalanser4u

Cmoore

Just want to add that your doing a fine job. Keep it up.

God Bless

c.moore

Originally posted by biblicalanser4u
Cmoore

Just want to add that your doing a fine job. Keep it up.

God Bless

quote c.moore
It`s Just the Jesus in me, that tries to set people free.
Your doing a marvelious job yourself .

God is with you
peace:up:

c.moore

biblicalanser4u

what church do you belong too, or go to??
How long have you`ve been saved??
Is your church an anointed church with a pastor????
the reason why these scubba divers can use scriptures to try to back up their doctrine is the same way the devil tried to tempt jesus in the desert by using the Word of God scriptures from Psalm 91 to make Jesus jump, but Jesus knew the real meaning of the scripture, even though the scripture did say that angel would protect Him, so is that by these people who try to point out water baptism is salvation.
They only look at the outside understanding, and don`t work to study the deep revelation of the scriptures, and that is the problem with this topic on baptism.
We have those who really study the deep revelation, and some that don`t.
Some people even thing Jesus is really A door, or He is just A Words.
Even the Holy Spirit is just some power force, and not A person, and they try to prove it biblically.
I think the most we can do is only pray for them that they will open their hearts, and we should share our knowledge with each other only so we can grow in faith praise God.

God Bless you biblicalanser4u

JustAChristian

Where are you coming from?

Where are you coming from?

Originally posted by Jerry Shugart
JustAChristian,

You seem to have overlooked the spiritual aspects of Christian living.When we are BAPTIZED into His Body by the SPIRIT,we are "translated into the Kingdom of His dear Son"(Col.1:13),and this is a spiritual kingdom in heaven.Therefore,"our citizenship is in heaven"(Phil.3:20).

God "hath raised us up together,and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus"(Eph.2:6).

"If ye,then,be risen with Christ,seek those things which are above,where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.Set your affectionson things above,not on things of the earth"(Col.3:1-2).

You have set your affections on "things of the earth",like WATER BAPTISMS.You are full of MORAL teachings,to the exclusion SPIRITUAL TEACHINGS.

You remind me of the Pharisees who set their affections on keeping the law,but at the same time they crucified their own Messiah.They could understand things of this world,but they were blind as bats when it came to seeing spiritual things.

Anyone that thinks that the "one baptism" included in the "unity of the Spirit" is a "water baptism" to the exclusion of the Spirit baptism into Christ is NOT understanding the things of the Spiril.

Jerry,
You still continue to show your ignorence of the scriptures.

The church is the kingdom of Christ (matthew 16:18-20). When we are translated, we come from the world into the church. Yes, a Christian's citizenship is in heaven, and the Lord God adds them to the church (Acts 2:47). The Holy Spirit is the instrument of the works of God in placing the faithful into the church, but it is not by a Holy Spirit baptism. We are baptized in water into Christ (Gal. 3:26-27). I which you'd get this streight, because it seem I have to bring this point up each post. There is no Holy Spirit baptism but rather a pouring out of God's Spirit in each generation. The Holy Spirit has works in convicting by the word and sanctification, but is not the cleansing agent in man's salvation; that is the blood of Jesus Christ.

Water baptism is an apointment of Christ. It has strong spiritual application. Where you get that such is temporal and earthly is based on a bias mind. You need to look at the bible with a more spiritual eye of those thing which have become the true of the shadow.

JustAChristian
JustAChristian

Jerry Shugart

JustACHristian,

Where in Scripture does it ever say that a sinner is baptized into Christ by a "water baptism"?

You use Galatians 3:26-27 as your proof,but you are seeing things that are not there.Here,allow me to put those verses right here on the screen to show everone how delusional you are:

"For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

"There is neither Jew nor Greek,there is neither bond nor free,their is neither male nor female;for ye are all one in Christ Jesus"(Gal.3:27,28).

JustAChristian,there is no word here about "water baptism"!
It is just your wild fantasy.

However,Scripture does state that the Holy Spirit does baptize the sinner into the Body of Christ.

"For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one Body (the Body of Christ,v.27),whether we be Jews,or Greeks,whether we be bond or free;and have been all made to drink into one Spirit"(1Cor.12:13).

The "body of Christ" is described as the "new Man"(Eph.2:15,16),and in the "new Man" ,there "is neither Greek nor Jew,circumcision nor uncircumcision,barbarian,Scythian,bond nor free,but Christ is all,and in all"(Col.3:11).

If we put this all together,we can see the resemblance between the baptism by the Spirit and Gal.3:26,27:

For by one Spirit are we baptized into the Body of Christ,where there is neither Greek nor Jew...bond nor free--Baptism by the Spirit

Gal.3:26,27: "For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.There is neither Jew nor Greek,there is neither bond nor free..."

Despite repeated attempts to get you to give even one Scripture passage which states that it is by "water" that one is baptized into Christ,you have not ever provided even one!

Despite this,you continue to insist that the sinner is baptized into Christ by a water baptism--and you continue to IGNORE the plain words that reveals that the sinner is baptized into Christ by a "Spirit baptism".

And you have the nerve to accuse me of being ignorant of the Scriptures.

JustAChristian,I challenge you to provide even one Scriptual passages that states that the sinner is baptized into Christ by water.Now is the time to put up or shut up.

In His grace,--Jerry

Last edited:
B

biblicalanser4u

Just a Christian,

Thank You for your reply.

I will not respond to your attack on Jerry. But I should.

The church is the kingdom of Christ (matthew 16:18-20).

THAT THE CHURCH OF MATTHEW 16:18 IS THE BODY OF CHRIST IS UNSCRIPTURAL!!!!!!!
This passage you cited is one of the chief proof-texts of Roman Catholics. Just a reference for you in case you didn't know.

If it can be proved that the Church in this context is the prophesied Kingdom Church and not the unprophesied Body Church of this dispensation, then we have no need to water down the authority given to the apostles and at the same time Rome's claims are seen as baseless. So now I will kill two birds with one stone.

The fact that this passage does have reference to the Messianic Kingdom is evident from the next verse: "And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven." This is the KINGDOM WHICH WAS PROMISED IN THE OLD TESTAMENT AND PROCLAIMED BY CHRIST TO BE AT HAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Later on, in the Olivet disclosure, when the Lord was relating those events which would immediately precede His second coming, He spoke the parable of the Fig Tree, which no doubt represents the restoration of National Isreal.

Now, the Kingdom Church which Christ was building, and to which He gave Peter the keys, was to be realized after the second coming when the kingdom would again be near at hand. The fulfillment was doubtless conditioned upon Isreal's acceptance of theit Messiah. Because Isreal rejected, this Kingdom Church has been put on hold and its future establishment will be preceded by the signs of Christ's second coming. No doubt Peter began his ministry of offering the Kingdom to Isreal at pentecost, and no doubt the Church at pentecost was that spoken of in Matthew16:18, but we know Isreal rejected and that god then raised up a new apostle to whom He gave the revelation of His secret purpose to call out a unannounced company of the redeemed, the Body of Christ. This new body IS NOT Isreal. It does not have 12 tribes. There will not be 12 thrones with 12 apostles judging the 12 tribes of the Body of christ. But there will be 12 tribes in the Kingdom Church when it is established upon Earth, and there will be 12 judges sitting upon those 12 thrones, excersing the authority that Christ delegated to them. There is a vast difference between a rule on a throne or a judge upon a bench andthe common run of the people. Rome has tried to assume this authority for its Popes and preists. Their mistake and you as well JustAChristian has been in failing to understand that the Church of Matthew 16:18 is not the Church of this Dispensation, but of that of the Kingdom with which christ so clearly identified it.

God Bless you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Melody

Re: in the name of all three is commanded

Re: in the name of all three is commanded

Originally posted by c.moore

Quote by c.moore
Jesus said;
M't:28:19: the name

Notice, that Jesus is speaking, and He commands these three names, not paul or any apostle , Jesus said: Father AND meaning something included or added to the Father name which is the SON, AND meaning again included in the baptism the person the HOLY SPIRIT. This is a commandment Jesus said to baptize in these names melody.

Let God Bless you
peace:)

AGAIN, I say how many names did Jesus command us to be baptized in.

Jesus said;
M't:28:19: the name

Singular, not plural. How many names did Peter and the apostles teach and preach that we should be baptized in?

Act 2:38 the name of Jesus Christ

Act 8:16 in the name of the Lord Jesus.

Act 10:48 in the name of the Lord.

Act 19:5 in the name of the Lord Jesus.

Act 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

And what is the name of the Lord?

Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

ONE name, ONE God.

You claim that doctrine is built on two or three witnesses. Where are your two or three scriptures supporting or demonstrating baptism in the {name of the father, son, and Holy Ghost}.

The apostles never preached it or practiced it in the scripture.

Father, son and Holy Ghost are not proper names they are titles of relationships.

Jesus is the only name given under heaven whereby we MUST be saved.

missedmarks

Regardless of what you believe, the key is what actually causes salvation.

Is it the work done in baptism,

Or the work God does through baptism.

Now if there is anything God has said in scripture, that would tell me He would withold the benefits of baptism from anyone who conducted the rite incorectly, I would be interested to see it.

I think we have become so focused (on this issue and many others) on what we are doing here on earth. We have tried to take the glory away from what God has done in heaven.

Melody

How can you justify to God if you are not baptized the way that Jesus Christ and the Apostles preached and practiced. Baptism by immersion in the Name of Jesus Christ. When it is soo clearly written in the scriptures?

This is not a hidden message.

Act 8:36 And as they went on [their] way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, [here is] water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?
Act 8:38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.
Act 10:47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?

Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 8:12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.
Act 8:16 (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)
Act 10:48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.
Act 19:5 When they heard [this], they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
Act 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

JustAChristian

c.moore is still waiting!

c.moore is still waiting!

I am still waiting for An answer JustAchristain?????????????

C.moore,
Do you know the question that you are wanting an answer to?
If it has to do with the"living water" post that you made, check my answer in that a few entries back.

JustAChristian

JustAChristian

Quote by JustAchristian

Symbolism needs to be understood in order to give proper biblical interpretation. Water is symbolized as a grave in Romans 6. We are buried in the grave of water. A grave consist of a hole, dirt and covering up.

Quote by c.moore
Are you saying that the water baptism is really a symbol of the spiritual baptism??????

Quote JustAchristian

In the latter part of Gal. 3:27, Paul states that in baptism we "put on Christ." Again we come to symbolism.

Quote c.moore
Are you saying that water baptism is a symbol AGAIN??????????????????????

Quote JustAchristian

WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS ABOUT BAPTISM
Baptism is the point at which a person is united with Christ into His death and resurrection into "newness of life" (Rom 6:3)
There is only ONE recognized baptism. "One Lord, one faith, one baptism," (Eph 4:5)

There is not a spiritual baptism and a water baptism.

The baptism recognized is the one instituted by Christ himself, which He said was in order to "fulfill ALL righteousness" (Mt 3:15).

Quote c.moore
You said; that you didn´t say this in one of your post, but here is the proof again.
I don`t know if your lieing ,or if your confused.
I hope this is not the reason why you don`t understand about the truth of water baptism.
Please check out what you posted, because so how it look like you was calling me a liar, but I don`t let this bother me because I can humble myself even though I know I am right, and correct about something. If you can`t didvide rightly your posts, then I think you will have A hard time dividing the bible.
I just want to be a help and A blessing to you,
I guess because it`s just Jesus in me, but check this out JustAchristian!

Quote by JustAchristian
I have never contended that there was never two baptisms. In fact, there is three baptisms : Water, Holy Spirit and fire. Am I getting too deep for you c.moore? What we need to always do is in fact, rightly divide the word of God. John came baptizing in the Jordan (water baptism). Jesus baptized with the Holy Spirit (On the day of Pentecost over the Apostles, and at the house of Cornelius. This fulfulled the promise that all flesh (Jew and Gentile) would be baptrized with the Holy Spirit. All flesh does not mean all people, for there are numerous examples of Christians that did not experience the HolySpirit baptism in the Bible.

Quote by cmoore

What`s up with that JustAchristian?
You write about my spelling and say it so bad, but you can see the log in your eyes about you contraditions.
HHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMM???????
I am still waiting again for an answer JustAchristian.:confused:

let God bless you
peace

C.moore,
You still are a bad speller! However, I've got another link that you need to just read. You want have to write anything, just read. Enjoy! http://www.netbiblestudy.net/

JustAChristian

Last edited:

JustAChristian

Bible Link to help your study.

Bible Link to help your study.

Originally posted by missedmarks
Regardless of what you believe, the key is what actually causes salvation.

Is it the work done in baptism,

Or the work God does through baptism.

Now if there is anything God has said in scripture, that would tell me He would withold the benefits of baptism from anyone who conducted the rite incorectly, I would be interested to see it.

I think we have become so focused (on this issue and many others) on what we are doing here on earth. We have tried to take the glory away from what God has done in heaven.

http://www.netbiblestudy.net/

JustAChristian