DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
... and see this:

tumblr_inline_nueb71Nm581sq8awt_500.png

no, the ship on the right isn't sinking, it's further away

and partially hidden by....

the curvature of the earth! :banana:

The picture shows a flat horizon with no curvature from left to right of a far greater distance than the that of the ship in the distance ahead of you. If you had a telescope you would be able to see the whole ship which is proof there is no curvature. If the earth were curved a distance we could see we would easily see it from left to right as well.

--Dave

6days

Tambora said:
*Even the bible confirms both perspectives.
It speaks of the four corners of the earth (Eze 7:2,*Rev 7:1)
Even modern literature uses the phrase. We don't think that someone actually believes the earth has corners. *it usually is pretty easy to tell someone is using poetic language to describe real events.*

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Even modern literature uses the phrase. We don't think that someone actually believes the earth has corners. *it usually is pretty easy to tell someone is using poetic language to describe real events.*
Sure, but even the Is passage can be said to be poetic language.

And even both, modern language and scripture, describes things differently depending on which perspective they are trying to convey.

So when we ask the question: Does the bible describe the earth as rounded or cornered?, we can say "both" depending on the perspective of the point being made at the time, even though "rounded and cornered" are contradictory.

Another case in point from scripture that shows a contradictory statement can bee seen in two different scriptures:
The parables of Matt 13 tells us in one place that one sows all the seeds, and then tells us in another place that the devil sowed also.
So when we ask the question: Does GOD sow all the seeds?, we can answer yes or no depending on which perspective the two different statements were being made for.

6days

Tambora said:
*The parables of Matt 13*tells us in one place that one sows all the seeds, and then tells us in another place that the devil sowed also.*
So when we ask the question: Does GOD sow all the seeds?, we can answer yes or no depending on which perspective the two different statements were being made for.

But, I'm betting both of us understand those verses in a similar way, without any contradiction.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
He's using the same kind of arguments that evolutionists use. He's ignoring or bending observable evidence in his favor.

Darwinism is the 'flat earth' of the modern era.

Not true. All evolution Is based on the globe model.

--Dave

6days

Dave... Quite a few astronauts claim Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, and discuss looking down on our globe. I personally heard the testimony of one who walked on the moon. Are you saying these people are all either liars or confused?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

But, I'm betting both of us understand those verses in a similar way, without any contradiction.
Right, because I don't think they contradict each other, but are only described in different ways to focus on the point being made for each.
You cannot use one and avoid the other to make a blanket statement that is true in all situations.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dave... Quite a few astronauts claim Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, and discuss looking down on our globe. I personally heard the testimony of one who walked on the moon. Are you saying these people are all either liars or confused?

Let's see what they have to say.
I have not heard of any.

--Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.