ARCHIVE: Is it ever OK for a Christian to hate someone?

God_Is_Truth

death2impiety said:
The KJV is the best because it was the first time the book was translated into english (unless I'm mistaken). The verbage is closest to the way it was originally intended.

i disagree. this would only be true if we had the original manuscripts. but since we don't, the more we have the stronger our likelihood of getting it right is. and we now have older and more plentiful manuscripts than when the KJV was written. that is why i prefer tranlsations like the NASB that make use of the additional manuscripts over the KJV which has fewer.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hey Johnny why don't you get in your time machine and go find another dimension to annoy.

Last edited:

bling

Knight said:
Righteous hatred...
Psalms 139:22 I hate them with perfect hatred; I count them my enemies.
This could apply only to the Old Testament when the Jews were called upon by God to go out and physically kill everyone. This is a Godly type hate that we can not show or maybe have today?? Do you have a New Testament concept of hate to quote?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
bling said:
This could apply only to the Old Testament when the Jews were called upon by God to go out and physically kill everyone. This is a Godly type hate that we can not show or maybe have today?? Do you have a New Testament concept of hate to quote?
For the ninth time.....

Romans 12:9 Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good.

Abhor literally means "hate".

kmoney

Hall of Fame
bling said:
Rom 12:9 Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

lovemeorhateme

Knight said:
Arn't you a homo?

I identify myself as a person. A person who needs the saving grace and forgiving power that Jesus Christ has. I have attractions to members of the same sex, which I cannot help nor did I choose. However, I do not claim to be acting upon any feelings I may have, because I am not. I have no intention of doing so.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
lovemeorhateme said:
I identify myself as a person. A person who needs the saving grace and forgiving power that Jesus Christ has. I have attractions to members of the same sex, which I cannot help nor did I choose. However, I do not claim to be acting upon any feelings I may have, because I am not. I have no intention of doing so.
You could be part of the solution... instead your part of the problem.

You could wake up feeling clean... instead you are dirty and unclean.

You could trade in your embarrassment for a joyous lifestyle.

You could do all this.... if you wanted to.

lovemeorhateme

Knight said:
You could be part of the solution... instead your part of the problem.

You could wake up feeling clean... instead you are dirty and unclean.

You could trade in your embarrassment for a joyous lifestyle.

You could do all this.... if you wanted to.

In what way am I part of the problem?

I do know what it is like to wake up feeling clean.

I am not embarassed in any way.

My number one goal:
To get as close to God as I can. To feel him all the time, in the good and the bad. To put Him number ONE in my life, not anywhere else.

However, that is a rather hard goal to achieve. That is not to say I'm not trying though.

lovemeorhateme

Knight said:
Gross! :vomit:

Dude, it's almost dinner time!

How many times do I have to say this? I did not choose how I feel. If I had the choice, I would have chosen to have attractions for women, and women only. I AM not acting upon my feelings.

It's 11.30pm here... so I forgot it is dinner time where you are :chuckle:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
lovemeorhateme said:
In what way am I part of the problem?
You advocate tolerance of the homosexual lifestyle.

I do know what it is like to wake up feeling clean.
You can still remember eh?

I am not embarrassed in any way.
Yes you are.

My number one goal:
To get as close to God as I can. To feel him all the time, in the good and the bad. To put Him number ONE in my life, not anywhere else.
If that is true you need to repent from your sinful thoughts and denounce them and ask God to help you abhor wickedness.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
lovemeorhateme said:
How many times do I have to say this? I did not choose how I feel. If I had the choice, I would have chosen to have attractions for women, and women only. I AM not acting upon my feelings.

It's 11.30pm here... so I forgot it is dinner time where you are :chuckle:
The first step to recovery is saying the truth....

Type the following words and then say them outloud to yourself...

Lord I know homosexuality is sinful and wicked. Lord I know that advocating homosexuality is no different than homosexuality and I am sorry I have fallen into this wicked, wicked lifestyle.

Lord, even though I am confused and have feelings I cannot control help me to condemn the homosexual lifestyle publicly so that I can begin to heal my tortured soul.

Lord I repent from the homosexual lifestyle.

Lord, help me to pick up the pieces and start new help me to be open to the brothers and sisters on TOL who are brave enough to confront me and rebuke me so that I could see that I am lost.

From this point further I will work to help others escape the wickedness of homosexuality.

Last edited:

lovemeorhateme

Knight said:
You advocate tolerance of the homosexual lifestyle.

You can still remember eh?

Yes you are.

If that is true you need to repent from your sinful thoughts and denounce them and ask God to help you abhor wickedness.

I advocate not hating homosexuals. I also advocate not giving homosexuals the death penalty, and not re-criminilising it. I also do not believe that homosexual attraction is a choice.

I can still remember waking up and feeling clean.

I am still not embarassed. I don't know what makes you say that.

Repent? I repent every day, for all sins I may have comitted, whether known by me, or even if I have commited a sin that I have not realised I have commited.

I was brought up in a Christian family. Both of my parents are born again, and have always been to Churches with well-respected leaders. They currently go to the Salvation Army. Their Captain, Dawn, is a lovely lady, recently married, and has recently had a child. So, a good family woman.

However, her, and every other Christian that I have ever met who are associated with my parents, not one of them believes that it is OK to hate a person.

Abhoring what is evil is different from hating a person. As one of the people my mum worked with on a Christian project recently said:

'It is good to hate what is evil. However, for anyone who believes that the Bible tells us to hate a person: My God never tells me to hate a person.'

lovemeorhateme

Knight said:
The first step to recovery is saying the truth....

Type the following words and then say them outload to yourself...

Lord I know homosexuality is sinful and wicked. Lord I know that advocating homosexuality is no different than homosexuality and I am sorry I have fallen into this wicked, wicked lifestyle.

Lord, even though I am confused and have feelings I cannot control help me to condemn the homosexual lifestyle publicly so that I can begin to heal my tortured soul.

Lord, help me to pick up the pieces and start new help me to be open to the brothers and sisters on TOL who are brave enough to confront me and rebuke me so that I could see that I am lost.

From this point further I will work to help others escape the wickedness of homosexuality.

Amen.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
lovemeorhateme said:

Amen.
There ya go, the first step is always the hardest step.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
lovemeorhateme said:
True enough. And I did say that out loud as well.
Awesome! So are you committed to helping denounce homosexuality?

Join us (the ones brave enough not to love you to hell) is helping spread the truth!

Are you ready?

lovemeorhateme

Knight said:
Awesome! So are you committed to helping denounce homosexuality?

Join us (the ones brave enough not to love you to hell) is helping spread the truth!

Are you ready?

Right.

I am committed to doing anything that the Lord wants me to, even if that means denouncing homosexuality. I need to seek the Lord. I am gonna spend quite a while in prayer tonight. Please can I ask you, and anyone else who reads this, please remember me in your prayers.

I am ready.

Pete