ARCHIVE: Is it ever OK for a Christian to hate someone?

lovemeorhateme

Shimei said:
:up:

Wow! I just became aware of this. I will be praying for you LMOHM!

Thank you to you and everyone who is praying for me. I need it right now. I am pretty sure I am gonna have a lot of struggles ahead, as we all do. With His help, I will overcome them.

TobiasKage

BANNED
Banned
Aimiel

Ipuwer papyrus
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
The Ipuwer papyrus is an ancient Egyptian papyrus document, dating (as shown convincingly by Jon Van Seters) to the Second Intermediate Period, at the time of the Hyksos Invasion. The theme of this work is generally taken to be either a lament inspired by the chaos of this period, or as historical fiction depicting the fall of the Old Kingdom several centuries earlier; perhaps it is a bit of both.

Ipuwer describes Egypt as afflicted by natural disasters and in a state of social collapse, with slaves gaining their freedom and flaunting it. Because of this and such statements as "the River is blood," a few fringe scholars have believed the document to be an Egyptian account of the Plagues of Egypt and the Exodus in the Old Testament of the Bible. Slaves are described as acting rebelliously, leaving their servitude, and wearing their masters' jewelry. This association with the Exodus is generally rejected by scholars.

The official name of this document is Leiden Papyrus #344, after the Dutch museum where it currently resides.

Here is some more.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
lovemeorhateme said:
Thank you to you and everyone who is praying for me. I need it right now. I am pretty sure I am gonna have a lot of struggles ahead, as we all do. With His help, I will overcome them.

Accepting Christ puts us under grace and therefore frees us from the law. Being a Christian gives us the strength to overcome sin!

1 Corinthians 15:56
The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law.

Romans 5:20
The law was added so that the trespass might increase. But where sin increased, grace increased all the more,

Romans 6:14
For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace.

lovemeorhateme

Shimei said:
Accepting Christ puts us under grace and therefore frees us from the law. Being a Christian gives us the strength to overcome sin!

1 Corinthians 15:56
The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law.

Romans 5:20
The law was added so that the trespass might increase. But where sin increased, grace increased all the more,

Romans 6:14
For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace.

Thank you :thumb:

Aimiel

There is nothing you can point to which detracts from the historical authenticity of The Word of God, because It is true.

TobiasKage

BANNED
Banned
Aimiel said:
There is nothing you can point to which detracts from the historical authenticity of The Word of God, because It is true.

Nice come back Aimiel.

Didnt I say earlier that I wanted to be done with this because you werent going to listen any way? I hope those posts put an end to this Aimiel. I'm sick of :bang: pounding my head against the wall with you. Thanks for the papyrus reference by the way.

Aimiel

It's not intended as a comeback. As I said, my premise stands, historically there is no document in antiquity which is more accurate, and no evidence whatsoever to dispute a single stated fact or axiom in The Word of God.

TobiasKage

BANNED
Banned
Aimiel said:
It's not intended as a comeback. As I said, my premise stands, historically there is no document in antiquity which is more accurate, and no evidence whatsoever to dispute a single stated fact or axiom in The Word of God.

And you say I'm blind. Have you not read a single thing I have posted. I even debunked your little papyrus. I dont get you Aimiel, read books, read history, read ancient texts out side of the bible and seek knowledge. Dont be kept in a box your whole life, think. Please.

Aimiel

TobiasKage said:
I dont get you Aimiel...
Maybe if I type reallly slowly you'll understand. Not finding any archaeological evidence to support every single stated fact in The Bible isn't the same as finding any which disproves any. There is no evidence, emperical or otherwise, which disproves a single recorded historic, scientific fact or spiritual axiom given in The Word of God. How many times do I have to say the same thing before you realize that what you're doing (assuming that a lack of physical evidence of someone's existance proves that they never existed) has nothing to do with my stated premise, underlined above? :duh:

TobiasKage

BANNED
Banned
Aimiel said:
Maybe if I type reallly slowly you'll understand. Not finding any archaeological evidence to support every single stated fact in The Bible isn't the same as finding any which disproves any. There is no evidence, emperical or otherwise, which disproves a single recorded historic, scientific fact or spiritual axiom given in The Word of God. How many times do I have to say the same thing before you realize that what you're doing (assuming that a lack of physical evidence of someone's existance proves that they never existed) has nothing to do with my stated premise, underlined above? :duh:

My question Aimiel is why wouldnt it be there? Why wouldnt we find bountiful evidence of them? If its all true why not find evidence of its existance? Would god want there to be physical evidence to prove to the unbelievers that this is true? Why the void of anything to substanciate it until after the Jews came out of Asyria?

Aimiel

TobiasKage said:
My question Aimiel is why wouldnt it be there?
I believe that it is. I believe there is overwhelming evidence, and one of the greatest is the statement of scientific truth. A doctor, one day, ran across the instructions in The Bible regarding washing of hands, and when he applied that to doctors delivering babies, the reduction in the rate of women dying from childbirth in their hospital caused hospitals all over the world to adopt the same procedures. There are many other things which point to The Word being Truth, but it depends on your 'slant.' As I've said, you're looking at The Word of Truth for flaws, so you find them. I see Truth which contains none. :sheep:

TobiasKage

BANNED
Banned
Aimiel said:
I believe that it is. I believe there is overwhelming evidence, and one of the greatest is the statement of scientific truth. A doctor, one day, ran across the instructions in The Bible regarding washing of hands, and when he applied that to doctors delivering babies, the reduction in the rate of women dying from childbirth in their hospital caused hospitals all over the world to adopt the same procedures. There are many other things which point to The Word being Truth, but it depends on your 'slant.' As I've said, you're looking at The Word of Truth for flaws, so you find them. I see Truth which contains none. :sheep:

The bible also talks about the men of Isreal throwing babie off wall onto rocks, and slaying pregnant women, should that be taken into accout as well? I'm not saying that every thing in the bible is bad, the psalms have alot of good life lessons in them, regardless of who they were writen by, the proverbs also have some good stuff in them, again regardless of who they are writen by. What I'm saying is that when you hear commin sense, you can recognize it. What about all of the scientific recomendations by Greek and Roman scholars that took medicin to new hights. Does that make them right too?

JoyfulRook

lovemeorhateme said:
OK. I am going to say this out loud, as I type it, so you can all see this.

Lord, I come to you a sinner. I ask you now for forgiveness. Please forgive me Jesus. I realise that you love me so much that you died on a Cross to save me from my sins. I repent of everything I have done, and, with your help, I promise to change my life - forever. I accept you into my heart right now as my Saviour.

Amen.
Wow. :thumb:

Emo

lovemeorhateme said:

Lord, I come to you a sinner. I ask you now for forgiveness. Please forgive me Jesus. I realise that you love me so much that you died on a Cross to save me from my sins. I repent of everything I have done, and, with your help, I promise to change my life - forever. I accept you into my heart right now as my Saviour.

Amen.

Outstanding! I will pray for you.

Phil. 3

12 Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. 13 Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, 14 I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

SOTK

lovemeorhateme said:

Amen.

:bannana:

Aimiel

TobiasKage said:
The bible also talks about the men of Isreal throwing babie off wall onto rocks, and slaying pregnant women, should that be taken into accout as well?
It is a part of their history. It happened. I don't think that someone would make up stories like that about their own people. Most people making such records, if they do embellish, do just the opposite. That's one of the things that makes the New Testament more believeable, they wrote about their own shortcomings, freely.
TobiasKage said:
I'm not saying that every thing in the bible is bad, the psalms have alot of good life lessons in them, regardless of who they were writen by, the proverbs also have some good stuff in them, again regardless of who they are writen by.
If you simply pick-and-choose from The Word of God what you 'think' applies to you, and discount whatever you choose to, you short-change yourself, because God put in His Word the things that He wants to get across to you. He also said, "There is a way that seems right to a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death. People who think of The Bible as literature and not as a roadmap to lead us to The Lord don't realize that they're steering straight towards hell.
TobiasKage said:
What I'm saying is that when you hear commin sense, you can recognize it.
Funny how common sense is so un-common, though.
TobiasKage said:
What about all of the scientific recomendations by Greek and Roman scholars that took medicin to new hights. Does that make them right too?
You mean like the theory of the Four Humors, earth, air, fire and water, and that those cause illnesses. Man, you don't know much about modern science or medicine, do you? Do you have computers where you live, or do you type on TOL from a teletype machine?