ARCHIVE: My niece is gay and I love her for it. So does God.

Freak

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Straying from Christianity

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Straying from Christianity

Originally posted by wickwoman

If you know about pagans then you know that pagans believe in gods and goddesses that represent the different aspects of the one true God who is the "all."

This would be a good place to Eireann to step in if he's still watching this thread.

Unity is a Christian religion that addresses God as he/she or mother/father in some churches, out of respect for people who do not believe God has sexual organs. Do you?

Your strange.

Yes, Jesus, the Second Person of the Trinity, had sexual organs, and your point? But God the Father & Holy Spirit don't (for they are spirit).

wickwoman

Re: Re: Re: Re: On "Hell"

Re: Re: Re: Re: On "Hell"

Originally posted by Polycarpadvo

Psalm 5:5 "Thou hatest all workers of iniquity."
Psalm 5:6 " The Lord abhors the bloodthirsty man."
Psalm 11:5 "The Lord trieth the righteous, but the wicked and him that loveth violence His soul hates."
Psalm 45:7 "Thou loveth righteousness and hateth wickedness."
Romans 12:9 "Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor that which is evil."
Your god may not hate but the God of the bible hates. (I know, you don't believe in the bible.)

Thank you for telling me what David and Paul said about God. However, I disagree. Obviously, it is easier for you to agree so that God can be more like you.

wickwoman

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Straying from Christianity

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Straying from Christianity

Originally posted by Freak

Your strange.

Yes, Jesus, the Second Person of the Trinity, had sexual organs, and your point? But God the Father & Holy Spirit don't (for they are spirit).

thank you, but I believe the discussion was about God "the father."

Strange, I will agree, "wicked" as an earlier sweety called me, is relative.:kiss: :kiss:

HerodionRomulus

Lion opined

Lion opined

"....Let’s see, how many homos die every year from aids?...."
According to CDC AIDS in US
<<<As of December 31, 2000, 774,467 persons had been reported with AIDS in the United States; 448,060 of these had died;....Of these, 79% were men, 61% were black or Hispanic, and 41% were infected through male-to-male sex.
NOTE: 41% of 448,060.

3 million die annually, most in sub-Saharan Africa, most acquired the virus from heterosexual behavior.Global AIDS

The fact is, the #1 mode of transmission is penis/vagina intercourse, the 2nd is mother to infant thru maternal milk.

"Not to mention the highest rate of murder, drug addiction and violent crime among any group in America, is homo on homo crime."
What are your credible citations for these statistics? Post them or recant them.

"...Male homo’s die at an average age of 43, if they don’t get aids...."
Wrong, the average lifespan of gay men in the US is so short because HIV/AIDS has been factored in.
At least you know enough to specify "men" since the safest sex is lesbian sex. There has never been ONE verifiable case of HIV/AIDS transmission from lesbian sex.

wickwoman

Dear HerodionRomulus:

"A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death." Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., April 4, 1967

MLKing Jr. has always been a hero of mine. Funny, I was thinking about posting something very similar to this in reply to Lion's post about homosexuals dying of aids. If we spent the many billions of dollars we're spending on the impending war with Iraq or chasing down Osama Bin Laden, we could have found a cure by now. The sad part is, many many more have died of aids than died in the WT Center bombing on 9/11/01.

Freak

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Straying from Christianity

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Straying from Christianity

thank you, but I believe the discussion was about God "the father."

Strange, I will agree, "wicked" as an earlier sweety called me, is relative.:kiss: :kiss:

But we love you!

wickwoman

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Straying from Christianity

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Straying from Christianity

Originally posted by Freak

But we love you!

I know. Thanks. I will enjoy every minute of your love while I live in your imaginary Hell that your "loving" God is going to send me to.

Last edited:

Eireann

If we spent the many billions of dollars we're spending on the impending war with Iraq or chasing down Osama Bin Laden, we could have found a cure by now. The sad part is, many many more have died of aids than died in the WT Center bombing on 9/11/01.
This is off-topic, but this post reminded me of a bumper sticker I once saw:

"It'll be a great day when we spend as much on Education as on Defense ... and the Air Force has to hold a bake sale to buy a bomber!"

wickwoman

Originally posted by Eireann

This is off-topic, but this post reminded me of a bumper sticker I once saw:

"It'll be a great day when we spend as much on Education as on Defense ... and the Air Force has to hold a bake sale to buy a bomber!"

Great indeed. I'd even bake cookies for them!

Freak

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Straying from Christianity

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Straying from Christianity

I know. Thanks. I will enjoy every minute of your love while I live in your imaginary Hell that your "loving" God is going to send me to.

But my friend you don't have to go to hell.....God does love you but you need to repent....hey come join us in chat tonight...

la rubia

BANNED
Banned
Re: The Law

Re: The Law

Originally posted by o2bwise
Hello Poly,

I was going to get to this sooner or later.

Um yeah, that’s a pretty good guess!

I would hazard to guess that Mr. Enyart’s church has some biblical explanation for how Jesus treated the woman caught in adultery. Regardless, the following is my understanding of that event.

The Pharisees catch a woman caught in adultery. The law is CLEAR. She is to be stoned to death. The Pharisees seem ready to pick up stones and do just that, however, Jesus prompted something quite different. The woman was not stoned.

Or was she?

spot ON!!! Oh, my sakes alive!!!!!! I have had such trouble seeing the meaning of this passage, but o2 you have just shown me something I have never before realized!!!! Dude, I am totally buzzed right now from this. It is amazing. I am totally amazed when I am shown things like this. The stoning would be a perfect type or shadow of the way that JESUS really did stone her. WOW. It is so awesome how the new testament reflects the old, and that it really does not "change"... it just gets spiritual, in a lot of ways. Man, O2bwise, thank you sooo much for posting that. I am totally getting it. That has to be the highest point of my day. This has totally got me buzzed. Thank you!!!!

It is written that Jesus is the Chief cornerstone and he who falls on the rock is broken in pieces. He on whom the rock falls is crushed. That woman was stoned, her heart was broken in a zillion pieces, and she “died” and “rose again” to live life anew.

So, Poly, just WHAT law are you referring to?

Those laws are there, but is it possible that their rendering is person-dependent? Is it possible there is a plurality of ways to understand those laws? A plurality that is a function of the degree to which one grows in a knowledge of God?

Two thousand years ago, a bunch of clergymen plotted the crucifixion of the Son of God. At the very same time, they were obedient to all the details of the law as they performed the Passover service. And why not? Atonement is made by animal blood, says their holy book – over and over again. And no one is to drink of the blood. This alleged Messiah insisted one must drink His blood or one does not have life.

Heretic!

This is a case in point where an understanding of “law” was undergoing a bit of a shift. No more animal blood. It’s cool to drink Christ’s blood (in some sense – I believe it is a metaphor).

I suggest that the law of which you refer has some of the same attributes. Like the stoning law. Sure, you can see it through the lens of a Jew walking this earth 2300 years ago, but you can also see it through the lens that is the life of Christ as well as His observance of that law, such as when that woman was caught in adultery.

The day will come when to have a view of “the law” that you have will be tantamount to strictly following the Passover feast, in all its details. All the while Christ, in a sense, is crucified anew. This time by the misrepresentation of His character – which you most surely have done. And continue to do every time you misrepresent him with your deeply impersonal and succinct replies, not even bothering to address alleged brothers in Christ by their name.

There is a coldness of heart that feels like an arctic chill. Yeah, I meant weightier matters and you can BANK on that.

You wrote, in another post:

I am not sure that homosexuals sicken God (while I am sure that their homosexual acts certainly do).

Regardless,

God first loved us. Christ asked forgiveness for the folks who nailed Him to the cross. He loves us in our sin. We may end up lost, but still He loves us.

Tony (o2)

la rubia

BANNED
Banned
Hey, wait a minute- I wrote stuff after quoting O2bwise!!!
Oh, well, anyway, SPOT ON!!!! Thank you sooo much for posting that about Jesus actually DID stone her! I have had so much trouble with that passage, as I see both sides of the arguments, and never really could reconcile. But now, looking at it a little deeper, I am totally getting it, man. The stoning is a perfect type or shadow of JESUS bein' the rock. Oh, my sakes alive- He really DID stone her!!!!!!! WOW. I am totally buzzed right now from this- I just love it when I learn things like this. I love seeing how the things of the old testament and in what ways they are shadows and types of what was to come. That is totally awesome. You guys don't know how stoked I am right now. Thank you, O2bwise!!!!!!

Flipper

Calvinistkid:

Perhaps I was wrong, but I had just assumed that Christians were held to higher standards than the rest of the world.

Not in my observation. Remember, Elijah made fun of the pagan priests, so anything any Christian says on here is okay.

OMEGA

WICKWOMAN

WICKWOMAN

I wasn't talking about Petty Coat Junction People Playing

at Christianity and Neighbourliness.

I was talking about REAL Christians

like Paul and how the World Hates you and gangs up on you

and how you suffer like Job did and you starve all alone

in the Wilderness of life while your mind is turned inside out.

I don't think that you know what a Real Christian is .

(John 15:18 KJV) "If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you."

(John 15:19 KJV) "If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you."

:nono:

Last edited:

Hank

Re: WICKWOMAN

Originally posted by OMEGA

(John 15:18 KJV) "If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you."

(John 15:19 KJV) "If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you."

:nono:

I've always thought those verses were a good indication that Christians in America today are not following the teachings of Jesus. If they were following his teachings, they would be in a small minority. Heck they run the country. If there is any hatred going on it’s mostly the Christians hating the non-Christians, as is clear from this thread and the animosity towards wickwoman. All she has done is talk about a loving God. And for that, she is called evil. She is the one that is following the teachings of Jesus. And those verses you quoted, if anything, are descriptive of her.

wickwoman

Originally posted by OMEGA
I don't think that you know what a Real Christian is .

If I were depending on this thread to show me one I'd have little evidence. Not necessarily a reflection on you.

wickwoman

Re: Re: WICKWOMAN

Re: Re: WICKWOMAN

Originally posted by Hank
If there is any hatred going on it’s mostly the Christians hating the non-Christians, as is clear from this thread and the animosity towards wickwoman. All she has done is talk about a loving God. And for that, she is called evil. She is the one that is following the teachings of Jesus. And those verses you quoted, if anything, are descriptive of her.

Thank you, Hank. It's amazing how angry some "Christians" get when you start talking about how God loves everyone.

beanieboy

Originally posted by DEVO
There all lots of different types of people.

I see two types of people emerging on this thread.

Those that claim they have compassion and demonstrate that compassion through generally apathy.

And then there are those claim they have compassion and demonstrate that compassion even if it means others may perceive them as having no compassion.

True compassion may (and most likely will) involve discomfort.

Assume your brother is a drug addict. The true compassionate would warn the brother of his destructive lifestyle and risk the brother's friendship in an effort to save his life.

Telling someone that you hate them is compassion?
<coughbigbrothercough>

beanieboy

Re: Re: Re: WICKWOMAN

Re: Re: Re: WICKWOMAN

Thank you, Hank. It's amazing how angry some "Christians" get when you start talking about how God loves everyone.

I believe it's because they don't love everyone, and they don't want God to either. I think there is more emphasis on the ability to say, "I'm going to heaven, and you're not! Nyah."