ARCHIVE: My niece is gay and I love her for it. So does God.

wickwoman

Straying from Christianity

Straying from Christianity

Originally posted by Freak
I'm curious, Wickwoman, why did you stray from your Christian upbringing?

Freak:

De ja vus. I believe you asked me this months ago. Anyway, for the #1 reason look at the posts of people like Sozo who call themselves Christian. #2 reason I know God, he/she's not like that. #3 I grew beyond it we all will eventually. It is for people who don't like to think for themselves.

Don't get me wrong, Jesus is my hero. I've always found him a very amazing person. If I could be just a little like him before I die, I will have evolved enough for this lifetime.

Sozo

Originally posted by Flipper
He's kind of a solipsist that way.

No, God is the only reality. Unlike you, and your friends, I know Him. God doesn't have any opinions, and mine are to express what God has revealed to all men who are "smart" enough to deny their own understanding.

Lion

King of the jungle
Super Moderator
hell waits with longing arms for dear wickedwoman....

hell waits with longing arms for dear wickedwoman....

wickedwoman-you said
Are you making an argument for pedophilia? It seems you believe that nobody is harmed by pedophiles. Either that or you've gotten your sins mixed up.

I haven't seen a reasonable challenge to the idea that being gay harms no one.
Really, well the wicked are blind, so I guess that would make sense. Let’s see, how many homos die every year from aids? Well, that isn’t really hurting anyone is it? How many children die from aids? Oh, well they don’t really count. How many wives get aids from their (supposedly) bi-sexual spouses? No problem, not according to you, anyway. Not to mention the highest rate of murder, drug addiction and violent crime among any group in America, is homo on homo crime. Male homo’s die at an average age of 43, if they don’t get aids. If they do, a few years drop off of that. But, no, it doesn’t hurt anyone, there’s no evidence to show that. Only all of society and themselves. But wickedwoman thinks that’s just fine.

Hank

Hank, Eireann and Wickwoman:

You have to learn that a towering intellectual giant like sozo has entirely dispensed with the need to provide any kind of evidence for his sweeping assertions because he's so clever. For if he speaks it then lo! It is so!

By throwing around terms like "idiot" and "pseudo-intellectual" he effortlessly establishes his dominance in the intellectual hierarchy. Sozo's world view doesn't need evidence. It just is. He's kind of a solipsist that way.

There you go Flipper throwing around those big words like Sozo. This used to be fun here at TOL. Now I have to keep a dictionary by my computer to keep up with you and Sozo. Maybe my wife is correct when she tells me I am from the shallow end of the gene pool. LOL

Hank

Originally posted by Sozo

No, God is the only reality. Unlike you, and your friends, I know Him. God doesn't have any opinions, and mine are to express what God has revealed to all men who are "smart" enough to deny their own understanding.

Smart enough to deny my own understanding? So I should affirm my misunderstanding? Well how can you argue with that?

Man I simply pointed out that mankind was classified as an animal in our biological classification system. I hate to think what Zozo would be saying about me if I had said something a little less obvious.

Lion

King of the jungle
Super Moderator
You are the devil and you are bad....(I love that song)

You are the devil and you are bad....(I love that song)

Not only is she blind, but a liar as well
Don't get me wrong, Jesus is my hero. I've always found him a very amazing person. If I could be just a little like him before I die, I will have evolved enough for this lifetime.
You mean to tell me you have as a hero the person you hate most in all the world? Or do you really think Jesus was heroic when He said these things?
John 14:6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
Boy what an ego, and you like Him?
John 3:18-21 “He who believes in Jesus is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. “And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men and wickedwoman) loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. “For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. “But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God.”
You mean this Guy? This is the Guy you think is a hero?
Luke 19:27 ‘But bring here those enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, and slay them before me.’ ”
He sounds a little judgmental, don’t you think?
Lev 20:13 ‘If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them.
Oh, no, you can’t mean Him, not Him.
Mat 15 4-9“For God commanded, saying, ‘Honor your father and your mother’; and, ‘He who curses father or mother, let him be put to death.’ “But you say, ‘Whoever says to his father or mother, “Whatever profit you might have received from me is a gift to God”— ‘then he need not honor his father or mother.’ Thus you have made the commandment of God of no effect by your tradition. “Hypocrites! Well did Isaiah prophesy about you, saying: ‘These people draw near to Me with their mouth, And honor Me with their lips, But their heart is far from Me. And in vain they worship Me, Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’ ”
No, way you can’t mean Him?
Mat 16:15-17 He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?” Simon Peter answered and said, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” Jesus answered and said to him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven.
Wow, He’s the Christ? The Son of the living God? So, let me see now. He’s your hero, right? That must mean you believe Him when He says He is the son of the living God? Is that what you believe, oh wickedwoman?
Mark 14:62 Jesus said, “I am. And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power, and coming with the clouds of heaven.”
Better run wickedwoman, because your hero is coming, and He’s coming for you!

Flipper

I don't recall God ever expressing his opinions as fact on psychiatry and psychology, or a number of other topics that you've held forth on.

Last edited:

Sozo

I don't recall God ever expressing his opinions as fact on psychiatry and psychology, or a number of other topics that you've held forth on.

Right Flipper, the God who is creator of the universe and all that is in it, is unacquainted with the problems that plague the heart & mind such as fear, depression, hope, mental stability, & anxiety. So I guess the over 1000 verses that deal with those issues are just mindless chaff.

Freak

Re: Straying from Christianity

Re: Straying from Christianity

Originally posted by wickwoman

Freak:

De ja vus. I believe you asked me this months ago. Anyway, for the #1 reason look at the posts of people like Sozo who call themselves Christian. #2 reason I know God, he/she's not like that. #3 I grew beyond it we all will eventually. It is for people who don't like to think for themselves.

When did you start calling God he/she?

OMEGA

WICKWOMAN

WICKWOMAN

In this stressful era , it is hard to be a Christian.

So, you have to forgive the rest of us if we are a

little bit embittered at someone who takes the easy way out .

Go your way . It is not your time yet to be judged .

YOUR TURN WILL COME LATER !

(1 Pet 4:17 KJV) "For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?"

(1 Pet 4:18 KJV) "And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?"

:thumb:

Hank

Re: WICKWOMAN

Re: WICKWOMAN

Originally posted by OMEGA
In this stressful era , it is hard to be a Christian.

So, you have to forgive the rest of us if we are a

little bit embittered at someone who takes the easy way out .

Go your way . It is not your time yet to be judged .

YOUR TURN WILL COME LATER !

(1 Pet 4:17 KJV) "For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?"

(1 Pet 4:18 KJV) "And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?"

:thumb:

I don’t know where you are from Omega but in the Bible belt where I’m from it easier to be a Christian than not. I just find it hard to believe it’s hard to be a Christian anywhere in America.

wickwoman

Re: hell waits with longing arms for dear wickedwoman....

Re: hell waits with longing arms for dear wickedwoman....

Originally posted by Lion
wickedwoman-you saidReally, well the wicked are blind, so I guess that would make sense. Let’s see, how many homos die every year from aids?

The disease kill people every year - not the homosexuals. Our ultra conservative government doesn't think the lives of homosexuals are important enough to devote the kind of money needed to find a cure.

I still haven't found out why you think pedophilia doesn't hurt anyone.

You seem to have elevated yourself to quite a high place. You get to decide who dies, who goes to Hell. Interesting. It must be quite an awesome responsibility, being judge of humanity.

wickwoman

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lev 20:13 ‘If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's funny, I never realized Jesus wrote the book of Leviticus. I was thinking it was Moses. Silly me.

You always have something intelligent to say. Do you get all of your words from the Bible? If you're not using your brain, you could donate it to science. It would make for very interesting studies.

wickwoman

Re: Re: WICKWOMAN

Re: Re: WICKWOMAN

Originally posted by Hank

I don’t know where you are from Omega but in the Bible belt where I’m from it easier to be a Christian than not. I just find it hard to believe it’s hard to be a Christian anywhere in America.

Dear Hank:

I agree wholeheartedly. I have experienced more stress in my life since I decided to begin figuring things out for myself. It's very easy to accept the religion we were spoon fed as children in Sunday school. It's another matter altogether to actually set out to discover if that religion holds water.

wickwoman

Dear Lion and Sozo:

Just fresh from church this Sunday evening and you've got so many wonderful and loving things to say. You know, if you keep talking so sweet to me I might start to like you!

Nothing like a scathing message from a red faced, fried chicken eating, preacher to fill us all with righteous indignation. What was the preacher's message yesterday: judge thy neighbor? Well it looks like your week is off to a great start. KEEP SPREADING THE LOVE!!

Ryokan

Lion, its worth pointing out that quoting scriptural rhetoric to people who don't take the bible literally or as the final word for morality is pointless. Also, don't you think it is possible that social factors, in part created by people like yourself, rather than homosexuality in generally, (which doesn't have those problems in more accepting cultutres, except AIDS), cause all those issues?
Probably not.

And OMEGA, it is defintely easier to be a christian in the US.

o2bwise

The Law

The Law

Hello Poly,

I was going to get to this sooner or later.
Oh let me guess. By saying weightier matters you must be refering to the idea that Jesus was embarrassed by what His Father the mean old tyrant, said in the law so He came to change it around bit while He was here.

Um yeah, that’s a pretty good guess!

I would hazard to guess that Mr. Enyart’s church has some biblical explanation for how Jesus treated the woman caught in adultery. Regardless, the following is my understanding of that event.

The Pharisees catch a woman caught in adultery. The law is CLEAR. She is to be stoned to death. The Pharisees seem ready to pick up stones and do just that, however, Jesus prompted something quite different. The woman was not stoned.

Or was she?

It is written that Jesus is the Chief cornerstone and he who falls on the rock is broken in pieces. He on whom the rock falls is crushed. That woman was stoned, her heart was broken in a zillion pieces, and she “died” and “rose again” to live life anew.

So, Poly, just WHAT law are you referring to?

Those laws are there, but is it possible that their rendering is person-dependent? Is it possible there is a plurality of ways to understand those laws? A plurality that is a function of the degree to which one grows in a knowledge of God?

Two thousand years ago, a bunch of clergymen plotted the crucifixion of the Son of God. At the very same time, they were obedient to all the details of the law as they performed the Passover service. And why not? Atonement is made by animal blood, says their holy book – over and over again. And no one is to drink of the blood. This alleged Messiah insisted one must drink His blood or one does not have life.

Heretic!

This is a case in point where an understanding of “law” was undergoing a bit of a shift. No more animal blood. It’s cool to drink Christ’s blood (in some sense – I believe it is a metaphor).

I suggest that the law of which you refer has some of the same attributes. Like the stoning law. Sure, you can see it through the lens of a Jew walking this earth 2300 years ago, but you can also see it through the lens that is the life of Christ as well as His observance of that law, such as when that woman was caught in adultery.

The day will come when to have a view of “the law” that you have will be tantamount to strictly following the Passover feast, in all its details. All the while Christ, in a sense, is crucified anew. This time by the misrepresentation of His character – which you most surely have done. And continue to do every time you misrepresent him with your deeply impersonal and succinct replies, not even bothering to address alleged brothers in Christ by their name.

There is a coldness of heart that feels like an arctic chill. Yeah, I meant weightier matters and you can BANK on that.

You wrote, in another post:
Homosexuals sicken me as God expects that they should.

I am not sure that homosexuals sicken God (while I am sure that their homosexual acts certainly do).

Regardless,

God first loved us. Christ asked forgiveness for the folks who nailed Him to the cross. He loves us in our sin. We may end up lost, but still He loves us.

Tony (o2)

Goose

My cousins are all homophobic and I love them for it. And so does God.

Last edited: