Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Re: Nagging question....

Re: Nagging question....

Originally posted by Knight
The story states...My nagging question is....

How did they find 266 people that liked Great White enough to come to the show in the first place? :confused:

Who's Great White?:D

Eireann

Originally posted by la rubia

LOL I agree, but if you've had a few beers in ya already (and possibly other stuff) it probably looks really cool.
Great White lyrics:

WARNING: Explitives have not been deleted, by have been ***'d out.

I'm a wasted rock ranger, I live a life of danger
On the road to find a higher high
I don't need no one's affection, all I need is my injection
An out-of-tune Les Paul will get me by
I've been doin' gigs since I was 10, I really can't remember when
I ever had a dollar to my name
My ears are blown, my eyes are red
I got a big hole inside my head
From snorting too much crystal and cocaine
From Kegger's Den to Hootersville, my flaming drinks have topped the bill
A thousand empty bottler ere my name
Endless trains of one-night stands, staring dates with half-a** bands
And all the local groupies lay the same
Well, I coulda had a payin' job, workin' for some f**ked-up slob
Wife and family, true security
But I left that s**t behind for that heavy metal grind
Cuz rock and roll is in my blood to stay (among other things)

Hey, I'm a wasted rock ranger, I live a life of danger
Sing this song and follow it to the end
And when we reach #1, hey, we'll all overdose for fun
And we'll hang out with Jimi and his friends

Although this song was written as a cheeky condemnation of the deadly drug habits of a lot of superstars of the time, it seems relevent in light of La Rubia's post. Yeah, I know I'm dating myself as a child of 80s hair metal to even know that song exists, since it was only released as a b-side to a single.

Eireann

Originally posted by Knight
Great White's performance rider never mentions "fireworks"

Rock on dude... (in jail that is)
I doubt the band will face criminal charges. Their tour management might face criminal neglect charges, however.

Vitamin J

Originally posted by Eireann

I doubt the band will face criminal charges. Their tour management might face criminal neglect charges, however.
I am not so sure.... this lead singer Jack Russell seems to have played a big part in the entire operation. Did you read the rider that Knight posted a link to?

Eireann

Originally posted by Vitamin J
I am not so sure.... this lead singer Jack Russell seems to have played a big part in the entire operation. Did you read the rider that Knight posted a link to?
Yes, I read it. "Jack Russell's Great White" is the name of the touring band. That's why you see his name constantly repeated throughout the rider. Jack left Great White last year to pursue a solo career. After that, I guess the band called it quits, but Mark Kendall decided to join Jack for a tour of old Great White material, so to avoid legal complications over the rights to the name (although he and Mark founded the band in the late 70s), they called it "Jack Russell's Great White" for the tour. Jack doesn't serve in a managerial capacity, though, nor does he handle the arrangements for the shows. He tells his tour manager what he wants, and Dan takes care of all that. Jack is just the singer.

la rubia

BANNED
Banned
I cannot imagine having the deaths of all of these people on my conscience, because of negligence like this, whether it was the band's fault, the bar owner's fault, or the manager's fault. I can't imagine having to try to live with such a tragedy on my conscience. Not that I feel sorry for them- I can't imagine losing someone in a such a senseless way either. I would be so furious, among other things.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by la rubia
I cannot imagine having the deaths of all of these people on my conscience, because of negligence like this, whether it was the band's fault, the bar owner's fault, or the manager's fault. I can't imagine having to try to live with such a tragedy on my conscience. Not that I feel sorry for them- I can't imagine losing someone in a such a senseless way either. I would be so furious, among other things.
All for the "thrill" of some lame 80's rock.

Eireann

Regarding the band's rider: it's true that it said nothing about pyrotechnics. The band travels with its own pyrotechnic setup. The purpose of the rider is not to itemize what the band will provide, but to itemize what they expect the venue to provide. If they are carrying their own pyro setup, it will not appear on the band's rider.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Eireann
Regarding the band's rider: it's true that it said nothing about pyrotechnics. The band travels with its own pyrotechnic setup. The purpose of the rider is not to itemize what the band will provide, but to itemize what they expect the venue to provide. If they are carrying their own pyro setup, it will not appear on the band's rider.
Yea.... you may be right. We shall see.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Goose
Knight, weren't you in a band? :D
Yes.. but we weren't no lame heavy metal band!

And we never lit off any three dollar chinese fountains in any of our gigs. :D

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Well it looks like things are about to get started.....

http://apnews1.iwon.com//article/20030225/D7PDSK1O0.html

roll.gif

Last edited:

\o/\o/

I think Knight is a closet head-banger.
:doh:

How about adding to the animated smilies one of a metal head-banger? Someone with the know-how, see if there is one on the Net and post it here.

(For some reason, I think of the 80's video by Judas Priest of the song Hot Rockin' and its head-bangers. This is the video where fire catches onto the vocalist's microphone and the guitarists' guitars.)