ARCHIVE: Open Theism part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
muszicman, that's all I ever said. God's character or nature is immutable, but his power stretches forth.

Certainly, as a first cause he moves things, but nothing moves God.

Council of Nicea decided against the arians who were saying Christ was mutable and therefore not God.

The Arian controversy related more to saying Christ was creature, not uncreated Creator. Its rejection of the Deity of Christ was the crux of the matter, not the exact understanding of immutability (even classical theologians are affirming weak vs strong immutability now).

baloney

BANNED
Banned
Clete, would you keep me on your ignore list, please!

If Aristotle says something completely different from me namely about the Earth being eternal, then I can't be following his line of thinking.

Certainly, as I said Aristotle's writing was rediscovered in the Middle Ages and Christian theologians ahd to confront this thinking. So in that sense they were influenced by Aristotle and not all of Aristotle's thinking is bad. He formualted logic as a discipline. A lot of modern science thinking comes from him.

Just as by default a lot of the reformers and your open theist thinking came from the Greeks and the Catholic Church.

In fact this whole open theism isn't Scripture oriented but philosophy oriented and fits closer to Aristotle's thinking as Dave's self-contradicting post revealed.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Clete, would you keep me on your ignore list, please!

If Aristotle says something completely different from me namely about the Earth being eternal, then I can't be following his line of thinking.

Certainly, as I said Aristotle's writing was rediscovered in the Middle Ages and Christian theologians ahd to confront this thinking. So in that sense they were influenced by Aristotle and not all of Aristotle's thinking is bad. He formualted logic as a discipline. A lot of modern science thinking comes from him.

Just as by default a lot of the reformers and your open theist thinking came from the Greeks and the Catholic Church.

In fact this whole open theism isn't Scripture oriented but philosophy oriented and fits closer to Aristotle's thinking as Dave's self-contradicting post revealed.
Just because you disagree with Aristotle on one thing does not mean you disagree with him on all things. Nor does it mean that your main line of reasoning is not in line with Aristotle's views on God. Are you really that stupid? And Aristotle was a Greek. So was Plato. And Augustine was a Catholic. The Open View did not come from either.:dunce::duh:

baloney

BANNED
Banned
Lighthouse, you're just repeating what I said and whether you realize it or not open theism is influenced by Greek thinking. Where do you think your warped view of time came from and things constantly changing?

Luther was an Augustinain monk. Your thinking originiated in some ways with the reformation did it not?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Lighthouse, you're just repeating what I said and whether you realize it or not open theism is influenced by Greek thinking. Where do you think your warped view of time came from and things constantly changing?
My warped view of time? My view of time is not warped. In fact, I don't even think time can be warped. And what in the world makes you think I got the idea that things change from someone else, and didn't observe it myself. Do you think things do not change?

Luther was an Augustinain monk. Your thinking originiated in some ways with the reformation did it not?
No, it did not come from the reformation.:nono:

Status
Not open for further replies.