Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

noguru

Thats not what I meant and you know it.

Yes, but historically this has been an issue. Ellen G White, the founder of SDAs and modern YECism, had a severe head injury before she had her visions. Those visions started the modern YEC movement and lead her to claim the RCC was the first beast in Revelations. And for me, back in my 20s, it was whackos like that which kept me from investigating any type of a belief in a diety.

Hedshaker

Thats not what I meant and you know it.

No sorry, I have no idea what you meant tbh. I would never wish for a sever knock on the head, especially one that could removed my sceptical way of thinking. For that I'm truly grateful.

If I were superstitious I would touch wood. But I'm not so I wont :)

alwight

That's a fair assessment. We both know the alleged atheist is in no condition for a reasoned debate, rather he is here for no other purpose except to resort to name-calling whenever he fails to concoct an argument worth striking the keyboard for. From experience though, Atheists don't usually resort to that type of behaviour -_-
You really don’t need to capitalise the “a” in “atheist”, it isn’t a proper noun any more than “theist” is. ;)

alwight

Then you're not an atheist, you're an agnostic.

What a pinhead.
No you are the pinhead know-it-all here. A theist is someone who believes in a god or gods while someone who doesn't is an atheist, a non believer in gods.

However FYI this is my reasoning take it or leave it.
Many theists will argue that "agnostic" is a kind of half way house which is untrue imo.
Yes I am an agnostic too since the two terms are actually not mutually exclusive.
Theism is about belief while gnosticism is about knowledge of gods, I don't claim to know there are no gods but I also don't believe in any. :e4e:

Last edited:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear Catholic Crusader and illusionray,

The atheists are just not worth the time it takes to talk to them. I've got better things to do. Let them find out when it all comes down. God has given up on them, it looks like. Seems like nothing you can say will dissuade them, so let them wallow in the mire.

Done With You,

MichaelC

alwight

The atheists are just not worth the time it takes to talk to them. I've got better things to do. Let them find out when it all comes down. God has given up on them, it looks like. Seems like nothing you can say will dissuade them, so let them wallow in the mire.

Done With You,

MichaelC
So no angels will be coming to see me then Michael, too bad, I have pizza. :(

Hedshaker

Done With You,

How very Christian of you. Love your neighbour? Love your enemy? Who are you kidding? Not all are like you thankfully, but you are an hypocrite to the core.

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" - Gandhi.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Don't worry! I won't bail on you despite the ignorance of some atheists, though it would be easier! Someone's got to keep you on the straight and narrow.

Much Love in Christ,

MichaelCadry

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Though we are all brothers and sisters, it is amazing at how different we all are. It must have to do with upbringing. So that some of my brethren are enemies? It seems to be quite a shame. Very shortly, and you will see the Glory of God, in spite of yourselves.

Here is the patience of the saints,

MichaelC

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear hedshaker,

I believe in Jesus Christ as our Messiah. He will prove Himself to be soon enough. Though you be a sister of mine, we shall see who is rotten to the core and who is a hypocrite to the core. Let's see what time brings. I am hardly a hypocrite. It makes me laugh!

In Christ's Love,

MichaelC

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
All that I want to say is that I love You, God. I just have trouble sometimes loving all your children! It's rather challenging at times. But it's for a good cause, I guess!!

This site is not about Creation vs. Evolution anymore. It's about Christians vs. atheists, isn't it?? So be it!

Glory Be To God Omnipotent,

MichaelC

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear All,

Yep! That's what I thought! I'd rather not be a rising ape or a falling angel. I don't have to be either. And I've renewed my strength in God and His willingness to forgive. So I do forgive my brethren, regardless of their present beliefs. Their beliefs sure will change when Jesus returns, as God will have it.
There is no end to my determination, btw. Nonbelievers or not.

God Help You ALL,

MichaelC

Last edited:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
A current summary.......

A current summary.......

~*~*~

Hello all,

Continuing from my previous posts on the metaphysics of creation, and how that it has within it already the dynamic of evolution ( here, here, here and here), let us reflect on the wonder of creation as it exists as the totality of the cosmos and its movements. (the previous links also include 'God' and the 'soul' in their 'masculine' and 'feminine' attributes).

It is what it is, and acts as it acts. Science can chart and prove certain things about the phenomena, but is limited to its methods while admitting some things are unknowable...at least at this present time in our studies. Religion draws on faith in the invisible absolute and the aspirations or revelations of the Spirit, which inspires our higher and nobler nature towards things divine, or of eternal value. The cosmos and the human spirit's journey is a continuity of creative evolution. Again, this is what life is about.

pj

Last edited:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear Freelight,

Thanks once again for your sorely needed input here!! Check out the here, here and here!! This thread started out as a Creation vs. Evolution thread, then a male or female God thread, and now just plain God/Christians vs. atheists thread. God created everything and everyone, and every change in everything and everyone, whether they believe in Him or not. This began as a Creation vs. Evolution thread, but if it be a God vs. atheist thread, then so be it. If there be believers, then it follows there will be nonbelievers also, to balance things out, I guess. But woe to them who do not even believe in their Maker. It is a sad lot.

Be Glad We Are Under His Wing,

MichaelC

alwight

All that I want to say is that I love You, God. I just have trouble sometimes loving all your children! It's rather challenging at times. But it's for a good cause, I guess!!

This site is not about Creation vs. Evolution anymore. It's about Christians vs. atheists, isn't it?? So be it!

MichaelC
Michael you have yet to show the slightest understanding of Darwinian evolution when asked and now you moan that there is no debate about it going on. :rolleyes:

Btw this is a thread not a site.

Hedshaker

Dear hedshaker,

I believe in Jesus Christ as our Messiah. He will prove Himself to be soon enough. Though you be a sister of mine, we shall see who is rotten to the core and who is a hypocrite to the core. Let's see what time brings. I am hardly a hypocrite. It makes me laugh!

In Christ's Love,

MichaelC

You are an hypocrite to the core not because of your religion but because of what you imply with every post you write. Anyone with reading ability can see the undertones of your horrible posts:

"Believe what I believe or you're all for it," "accept what I say or you're all gong to answer dearly," "I am right because I say I am right, you'll see, and if you don't accept that then be prepared for something nasty...." And so on. It's disgusting.

That is the main theme of every post you make, and you are not even aware you're doing it. It's not about your God or Jesus it's about you, No one else.

Well sorry, but it's not your place to issue threats. Even if your god did exist I'm sure he would be sinking his head in shame at your behaviour.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned

Done With You,

MichaelC

Amen brother.

noguru

Dear Freelight,

Thanks once again for your sorely needed input here!! Check out the here, here and here!! This thread started out as a Creation vs. Evolution thread, then a male or female God thread, and now just plain God/Christians vs. atheists thread. God created everything and everyone, and every change in everything and everyone, whether they believe in Him or not. This began as a Creation vs. Evolution thread, but if it be a God vs. atheist thread, then so be it. If there be believers, then it follows there will be nonbelievers also, to balance things out, I guess. But woe to them who do not even believe in their Maker. It is a sad lot.

Be Glad We Are Under His Wing,

MichaelC

Why is it that you can accept the opinion Freelight has offered, and though mine is very similar to his, you could not accept my opinion? I have not once opposed your belief in God. I oppose your attempts to stringently tie your belief in God to a misrepresentation of science. That's it. And you seem to have taken offense from my opinion on this matter.

noguru

MichaelC

The two great commandments that Jesus gave us:

1.) Love God with all your heart.

2.) Love your neighbor as yourself.

noguru

You are an hypocrite to the core not because of your religion but because of what you imply with every post you write. Anyone with reading ability can see the undertones of your horrible posts:

"Believe what I believe or you're all for it," "accept what I say or you're all gong to answer dearly," "I am right because I say I am right, you'll see, and if you don't accept that then be prepared for something nasty...." And so on. It's disgusting.

That is the main theme of every post you make, and you are not even aware you're doing it. It's not about your God or Jesus it's about you, No one else.

Well sorry, but it's not your place to issue threats. Even if your god did exist I'm sure he would be sinking his head in shame at your behaviour.

I call his behavior "Hiding behind Jesus for all the wrong reasons."

Status
Not open for further replies.