Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuu

Dear Stuu,

I usually don't chat with atheists, you know, people with no heart and no brain. God is not an it, He is a He, and you'd be wise to show Him respect before you meet Him and He sends you a clearer message in the fire. And a legged snake is a serpent or lizard, as we call them. A snake is a serpent without legs and a dust licker.

Why don't you use the brain God gave you? Wouldn't that be nice also!!

Michael
Well done for demonstrating my points so well. Thanks!

Now you better get back to being special for all those yearning.

Stuart

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear Jukia,

I know my God is a male because He Himself said He created MAN in HIS IMAGE. Go figure. Sounds like you are Stuart's sibling.

Michael

Lordkalvan

Dear Jukia,

I know my God is a male because He Himself said He created MAN in HIS IMAGE. Go figure. Sounds like you are Stuart's sibling.

Michael
Just to split hairs, but actually someone in an aggressively patriarchal society said this and claimed them as the words of God. You'd expect them to make God female?

gcthomas

Dear Jukia,

I know my God is a male because He Himself said He created MAN in HIS IMAGE. Go figure.

Michael

You must know that 'man' does not mean 'men' or 'a man'', but rather 'mankind', which includes women? (The same is obvious if you look at the Hebrew before translation)

Don't you?

Last edited:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear gcthomas,

You must know that Jesus said, "He who hath seen Me hath seen the Father." Jesus may have had long hair but He was still a male. Don't try to change His sex, to boot!

In God's Name and Love,

MichaelC

gcthomas

Dear gcthomas,

You must know that Jesus said, "He who hath seen Me hath seen the Father." Jesus may have had long hair but He was still a male. Don't try to change His sex, to boot!

In God's Name and Love,

MichaelC

What does it mean for God to have a sex?

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear gcthomas,

Just like it asks on most every job application, etc. Sex: M or F. God is M. I'm not saying God has sex. I'm simply using the word to describe the difference between the two. Why do you have such a great desire to believe that God is a woman?? Are you a woman?? Must be. That can only be the reason for this.

Mull it over,

MichaelC

Jukia

Dear gcthomas,

In God's Name and Love,

MichaelC

2 things:
1. Long hair is not a secondary sexual characteristic.
2. How do you know Jesus had long hair? There are no contemporary images of Jesus.

gcthomas

Dear gcthomas,

Just like it asks on most every job application, etc. Sex: M or F. God is M. I'm not saying God has sex. I'm simply using the word to describe the difference between the two. Why do you have such a great desire to believe that God is a woman?? Are you a woman?? Must be. That can only be the reason for this.

Mull it over,

MichaelC

Male and female describe sexual dimorphism (Different body parts and reproductive strategies, if you like).

It is easy to describe the differences between a male and female penguin, or horse or flower. Where all organisms in a species are the same, we don't use the terms male and female as that is meaningless.

For there to be a male god, there would need to be either a female god that is different, or specific physical characteristics, in order for the term male to mean anything.

So, I'll try asking again, since my last question seems not to have been clear enough.

What does it mean for a single god to be called male?​

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear Jukia,

It is well-known that the Nazarene young men had long hair and it was their strength or countenance. Also, most of our 'images' of Christ have long hair. It doesn't matter to me if He has a brush cut, these questions are ridiculous.

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear gcthomas,

You don't seem to get it, do you? The Lord God said, I will make man in My Own Image, making man in His Image, not woman. Then God said, I will make a help meet for man, and He made woman. He did not say He made woman in His Image. Do you figure it now or not?! Someone's being sexist.

MichaelC

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear Alwight,

Hi! It's been awhile! No, I think Mrs. God is trying to use big words and false premises to suit her 'beliefs' or what she'd like to believe instead. Just like women want God to be a woman, and the blacks want God or Jesus to be black, or oriental, or cholla. It's the same thing. Alter the truth to please the people. Sounds like some wiley demons are messing with their heads speaking sneaky lies in their thoughts.

It doesn't get by me, 'cause I've got a helper, my guardian archangel Michael.

In God's Knowledge and Wisdom,

Michael

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
God is 'One' and 'Two' (and all multiples thereof)

God is 'One' and 'Two' (and all multiples thereof)

Male and female describe sexual dimorphism (Different body parts and reproductive strategies, if you like).

It is easy to describe the differences between a male and female penguin, or horse or flower. Where all organisms in a species are the same, we don't use the terms male and female as that is meaningless.

For there to be a male god, there would need to be either a female god that is different, or specific physical characteristics, in order for the term male to mean anything.

So, I'll try asking again, since my last question seems not to have been clear enough.

What does it mean for a single god to be called male?​

Hi gcthomas,

As you know traditionallly in Christianity, 'God' is addessed as a 'He', being the Universal Father, this being a matter of convention and logical within a familial context of we being God's children. Of course 'God' the divine Parent is also our divine Mother, so that 'God' is both 'male' and 'female' in a 'relational context'...as both represent the essence and attributes of 'gender' inherent in God's nature. Masculine (male) & feminine (female) attributes are the dual-elements of polarity which pervade and balance nature, so we also recognize 'God' as 'Father-Mother', the All-Parent. Again, this is within a relational context of the dual-genders inter-acting and merging within creation. The two poles of 'positive' and 'negative' are inherent within the battery of cosmic energy.

MichaelCadry wrote:

I know my God is a male because He Himself said He created MAN in HIS IMAGE.

Hi MC,

Jukia's original question is valid,...for how do we know 'God' is a 'He', 'She' or 'It'? - such depends on point of view, context, inference. As gcthomas pointed out, 'God' created 'man' as 'male' and 'female', - they comprise 'humankind', the whole of humanity. Therefore 'male' and 'female' both constitute or express the 'image' and 'likeness' of the 'Creator', who is the Source and Creator of 'gender', having 'masculine' and 'feminine' aspects, being 'dual', yet one. This reveals 'God' as 'Bi-une', as Our Father-Mother-God. It is important to note that honoring 'God' as our divine Parent must include equal respect to 'God' as Our Mother, since 'God' is a perfect dualized unity of both genders, as we see the law of gender expressed thru-out creation.

View attachment 18073

See symbolism of vesica pisces, showing the 2 circles, 'God' and 'Goddess' merging to create offspring, interaction between the 'masculine' and 'feminine' poles.

As shared before,....'creation' and 'evolution' are Spirit in action, in its 'still' and 'active' modes, the merging of two principles in pro-creation.

pj

Last edited:

alwight

Dear Alwight,

Hi! It's been awhile!
H Michael,
I don't know if you read my post here #78:
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3579600&postcount=78

No, I think Mrs. God is trying to use big words and false premises to suit her 'beliefs' or what she'd like to believe instead. Just like women want God to be a woman, and the blacks want God or Jesus to be black, or oriental, or cholla. It's the same thing. Alter the truth to please the people. Sounds like some wiley demons are messing with their heads speaking sneaky lies in their thoughts.
I'd simply suggest that you too have your own version of "truth" made in your image, you really shouldn't knock other people's "truth" just because it doesn't agree with yours.

It doesn't get by me, 'cause I've got a helper, my guardian archangel Michael.

In God's Knowledge and Wisdom,

Michael
Give him my regards. :e4e:

Jukia

Dear Jukia,

It is well-known that the Nazarene young men had long hair and it was their strength or countenance. Also, most of our 'images' of Christ have long hair. It doesn't matter to me if He has a brush cut, these questions are ridiculous.

Michael

You made the comment about Jesus having long hair but still being a male, you seemed to think it was important.

And a citation to the knowledge that young Nazarene's had long hair. Or are you relying on paintings on velvet?

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Creation vs. Evolution

This is a false dichotomy.

There is "Evolution", and then there is "Evolution out of Nothing."

It is possible to believe that God created everything out of nothing, created man in his own image, and still accept certain elements of Evolution.

However, when some people say "Evolution" they really mean "Evolution out of Nothing", which means there is no God and everything came to be in some other way. THAT is what must be rejected by Christians, obviously.

It is important to differentiate between the two.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear All,

This is beginning to sound like a confusion-fest here. God did not 'evolve' everything out of nothing. He 'Created' every thing out of whatever He chose to, whether it be dust, minerals, atoms, protons, electrons, sub-atomic particles, etc. He is a GREAT CHEMIST, understanding ALL CHEMISTRY. I don't want to hear another word about any of this craziness, but I also don't suppose that will stop any of you. The Lord God may have re-formed something differently, but it is still His Creation. It did not 'evolve' into something different without Him specifically controlling it and making it be so. Also, there is no Mother Nature. That is the Lord God causing the storms, tornadoes, lightnings, thunders, rain, snow, etc. by Himself. Forget about the term Mother Nature. It's b/s.

In God's Name,

MichaelC

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.