Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear freelight,

I'm sorry I didn't try to PM to you. I thought you'd be sleeping right now. I like the fact that we're in the same time frame for the summer. I do see what you're saying, but one thing bugs me and that is evolution. I don't believe in evolution. I believe that God wiped most of the earth clean a number of times (of course the time of the dinosaurs, we still have the tortoises and alligators) and changed each species as He saw fit, but man could not successfully live with the dinosaurs at the end there, so they had to be done away with, so that man could be dominant in this earth as God saw fit. But as men/women learned sin upon sin, God wiped the earth clean again rather because of fornications and adulteries, or because of wars with each other. That being said, He also gave us the example of Noah and his family to let us know how things work. And we also have Sodom and Gomorrah to haunt us and teach us. Man has to learn to let Israel have her land or God will come against man. It's just that way and will be in the second death too, for it says that they surrounded Jerusalem to destroy her, and God sent fire down from heaven and killed their armies. You'd think we would just learn by now. I am half Arab/Lebanese too, and I understand it. If you are Christian, you read the Bible, and it is ALL written in there. What's the big mystery then?

It's getting to be a tired, overdone question/problem. The Palestinians / Philistines have fought with Israel from the beginning, but the Bible says what will happen with them and it also says that Israel shall have her same borders that God gave her originally, so just hang it up and go live in Jordan or Egypt, or the myriads of other Arab countries. Leave Israel alone or live in peril. It's that simple. God says the Israelis shall keep the land forever and ever in the Bible. Just what part of that don't the Arabs and others understand??

God Is STILL In Charge Of What Goes On Down Here On Earth And No One Else!

MichaelC

Last edited:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Spirit is creational.........

Spirit is creational.........

Dear freelight,

I'm sorry I didn't try to PM to you. I thought you'd be sleeping right now. I like the fact that we're in the same time frame for the summer. I do see what you're saying, but one thing bugs me and that is evolution. I don't believe in evolution. I believe that God wiped most of the earth clean a number of times (of course the time of the dinosaurs, we still have the tortoises and alligators) and changed each species as He saw fit, but man could not successfully live with the dinosaurs at the end there, so they had to be done away with, so that man could be dominant in this earth as God saw fit. But as men/women learned sin upon sin, God wiped the earth clean again rather because of fornications and adulteries, or because of wars with each other. That being said, He also gave us the example of Noah and his family to let us know how things work. And we also have Sodom and Gomorrah to haunt us and teach us. Man has to learn to let Israel have her land or God will come against man. It's just that way and will be in the second death too, for it says that they surrounded Jerusalem to destroy her, and God sent fire down from heaven and killed their armies. You'd think we would just learn by now. I am half Arab/Lebanese too, and I understand it. If you are Christian, you read the Bible, and it is ALL written in there. What's the big mystery then?

It's getting to be a tired, overdone question/problem. The Palestinians / Philistines have fought with Israel from the beginning, but the Bible says what will happen with them and it also says that Israel shall have her same borders that God gave her originally, so just hang it up and go live in Jordan or Egypt, or the myriads of other Arab countries. Leave Israel alone or live in peril. It's that simple. God says the Israelis shall keep the land forever and ever in the Bible. Just what part of that don't the Arabs and others understand??

God Is STILL In Charge Of What Goes On Down Here On Earth And No One Else!

MichaelC

Hi MC,

My previous commentary and insights on 'creation' remain essentially the same, as 'creation' represents the totality of life (all potentials and actuals), while 'evolution' is 'creation' expressing/unfolding itself. Therefore 'creation' itself is 'evolutional'. Life evolves, moves, progresses, adapts, reforms, regenerates. This is pure metaphysics, recognizing the potential within creation.. - again, this is what life is, and what life is about,....being Self-evident (both subjectively & objectively).

I'd rather not get into the religious-social-politics mentioned or the 'biblical polemics', since we can intuitively and scientifically recognize the life-principle, its laws and activities.

pj

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear Jukia,

Some sheep aren't part of the shepherd's flock and they refuse to listen to any shepherd, much less their own.

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear Jukia,

None of us Christians here need to decide who is in or out, or need a special conneciton with Our God. Jesus clearly says, "No man cometh to the Father (God), except by Me (Jesus)." Oh, how they all beat on the door of the Ark when the rains started coming down like rivers. But Noah could not let them in. They called him all kinds of names, and he put up with it.

NOW, before it's too late!

MichaelC

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear Jukia,

What'd you think about what I've said? Are you willing to give God and Jesus a chance now??

The angels rejoice at everyone who comes into the light!

God Be With You,
MichaelC

Last edited:

Jukia

Dear Jukia,

What'd you think about what I've said? Are you willing to give God and Jesus a chance now??

The angels rejoice at everyone who come into the light!

God Be With You,
MichaelC

Been there, done that. Your religion, as all or most, is one of fear and repression based on 2000 + year old information allegedly provided by a god who at turns is both loving and nasty. You can add me to your list of sheep unwilling to listen anymore to your imaginary shepherd, thank you very much.

Unless of course you can put me in contact with your herb supplier--based on your TOL posts you seem to be smoking really good stuff.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Life in motion.......

Life in motion.......

Been there, done that. Your religion, as all or most, is one of fear and repression based on 2000 + year old information allegedly provided by a god who at turns is both loving and nasty. You can add me to your list of sheep unwilling to listen anymore to your imaginary shepherd, thank you very much.

Hi Jukia,

A wonderful journey its been I'm sure :)

As shared previously,....there is 'creation' and 'evolution' co-existing,....as what 'be-ing' and 'be-coming'. We can call it the 'creative evolution' of life. It is what it is,....in its essence, form and movement. Such is life.

In-joy! ;)

pj

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
For Myself,

I do believe in Creation and Reincarnation, but not evolution, based on all that has happened to me.

Thought I'd throw that in.

In Jesus' Love,

MichaelC

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
in-formational progress.......

in-formational progress.......

For Myself,

I do believe in Creation and Reincarnation, but not evolution, based on all that has happened to me.

Thought I'd throw that in.

In Jesus' Love,

MichaelC

As shared before, it depends on how we define 'creation' and 'evolution'. I see them as 'co-operative' and 'co-fluxual' terms. We can even apply the term 're-incarnation' to all of Nature, in her cyclic movement of birth, death and rebirth. All things/forms are ever trans-forming, taking on new embodiments.

I dont limit the term 'evolution' to any sub-set or pre-qualified definition or concept such as 'darwininan evolution', but evolution as in the movement of nature. Evolution is innate within creation, since the seed and original patterns express by their own inner law to express themselves by re-emerging information or intelligence.

pj

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear Jukia,

It's too bad you are so far gone. Maybe you hooked up with the wrong Christian people. Evidently you did. Keep hanging in there and you may learn something here that matters very much in your lifetime.

Love In Christ,

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear Paul,

Yes, I can see how you believe Creation is the same as evoluting, in your sense.

In Christ's Love,

MichaelC

Stuu

~*~*~

Hi MC and all following,

I believe 'theistic evolution' is a rational and feasible approach to reconciling God's creative work within an evolutional-context, when you understand that 'Creation' and 'Evolution' are basically the same thing. All creation originates within 'God' and then expresses itself within the context of 'space-time-creation'. 'God' is ever the source of all activity, movement, in-formation in the cosmos,....understanding this,...all life is in a process of 'creative-evolution'. In 'theistic evolution' we fully acknowledge that 'God' is the sole and creative 'source' of all that is...and ever will be. 'Creation' cannot exist apart from 'God', for it is the play of 'God' as it were in the arena of space-time, where potentials from within 'God' are allowed to actualize (express, unfold, materialize, form, expand) - this is what 'creation' is, in a metaphysical sense,....it is 'God' in expression.

As you know I draw from many different schools, and view 'creation' as God in action. This is what it is in its pure simplicity, which includes the greatest complexity as well, since 'God' is the primal 'unit' of all multiples unto infinity. He originates, pervades, encompasses and transcends all, for there is nothing that is outside of Him.

From a higher cosmic-viewpoint (from Billy Meier) here are a few primers on 'Creation' here, here & here

I will add, - these are purely metaphysical insights from a universal truth-perspective, within a more spiritual humanistic context, but recognizing 'God' as the Universal Energy and Consciousness, which is the Life-source behind all creation, the purpose of life being 'evolution'. Remember, creation and evolution are not different, but only in nuance of meaning, while the former describes the totality of all in its potential and actual state, and the latter describes creation unfolding its potentials via 'experience' in space-time. This is what Life is, and what Life is about.

pj
Is the nature of this god reflected in the nature of the biological evolution that is the mechanism of creation?

Because natural selection is one of the most brutal and cruel biological mechanisms there is, from the point of view of human sensibilities.

Stuart

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear Stuu,

No, it is by actual selection by God according to how He will change any of His creations.

Michael

alwight

Dear Stuu,

No, it is by actual selection by God according to how He will change any of His creations.

Michael
Michael, you clearly live in a world of total fantasy where material evidence and actual physical laws are to be generally ignored since after all they'd probably only be the way of what you prefer to believe anyway.

Darwinian evolution concerns an often cruel, brutal and harsh physical combative reality, a vicious dog eat dog race to survive, species must either evolve or die. Changes to creatures come about because of environmental competitive necessity not because of some benign divine whim. Flora and fauna have evolved their own individual methods of attack or defence, predators or prey.

However in Michael's fantasy world there are beautiful angels, creatures are either all nice and fluffy things or evil killers. Plants are either just beautiful decorations or food or perhaps the work of the Satan (if poisonous and harmful), but nevertheless it is a world designed for human beings to live in, overseen by God who seems to be sitting on a throne looking down benignly from the Moon until the big day comes, quite soon now apparently. :rolleyes:

With your fantasy world firmly in place you choose to cocoon yourself away from the nasty real world, the fact that life actually does evolve without supernatural input, and generally all of its natural problems by simply denying actual reality and replacing it with a "reality" of your own.
Michael, perhaps it's now time you should wake up and smell the coffee? Seriously. :plain:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Evolution is a mathematical impossibility and remains so.

Stipe once told us that. After several years of me asking him to show us his numbers, he admitted he didn't have any. So, I'm not very optimistic in asking you for them, but I guess we should give you a chance to show us you aren't just blowing smoke.

Let's see what you've got.

Also to many Gaps

Ah, "Gish's Excuse"; "Every new transitional fossil creates two new gaps."

and lack of evidence.

We can test that. Name me any two major groups, said to be evolutionarily connected, and I'll see if I can find a transitional for you.

Explain the workings of a single cell and how it evolved.

So far, every time we find out how something works in the cell, it's been chemical. So, I think God was right when He says the Earth brought forth living things. Can you think of even one exception?

And it's most telling that the one structure that is absolutely essential to cellular life, is also the most simple and easiest to form. Would you like to learn some of the details?

Status
Not open for further replies.