Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I believe there are more Muslims than Christians

No, there are more Christians than Muslims, and in many places, like Africa, Muslims are losing ground.

Presently about 32 percent of the world is Christian and about 23 percent are Muslim.

Eberstadt’s first paper was expressively titled “Fertility Decline in the Muslim World: A Veritable Sea-Change, Still Curiously Unnoticed.” Using data for 49 Muslim-majority countries and territories, he found that fertility rates declined an average of 41 percent between 1975-1980 and 2005-2010, compared with a 33 percent decline for the world as a whole.
http://www.dailystar.com.lb/Opinion...ticed-but-muslim-fertility-is-in-decline.ashx

DavisBJ

Dear DavisBJ,

Haven't heard from you in a while. Did you figure out that we were telling the truth?? That would be wonderful. Stan and I, and others like way 2 go, have some strong arguments to present for our case? Maybe you will accept Jesus in your heart and be saved from an ill fate. It's all just a matter of months now. Beware!!

Trust In Him,

Michael
Michael, my interest is primarily in science. That means I prefer to deal in evidence and logic. Most of the posts over the past few days have been just generalized bantering back and forth, dealing mostly with personal feelings and faith and beliefs. Not my cup of tea.

I have not had even 1% of 1% change towards a belief in Christianity.

I will note, however, that after your recent vacillation on the question of getting radiation for your prostate problem, I am left with the realization that you have taken a position I have not personally encountered before. Some people who claimed divine investiture took the radical step of taking their own lives, and had their followers do likewise (Jim Jones, Heaven’s Gate. Etc.) Your case is different primarily in that you are choosing to die, either as prophesied in Revelations, or if that fails, you consciously have opted to let cancer kill you. It’s going to be something I will remember long after you are gone – that I conversed with someone who intentionally sacrificed themselves as you have chosen to do.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Michael, my interest is primarily in science. That means I prefer to deal in evidence and logic. Most of the posts over the past few days have been just generalized bantering back and forth, dealing mostly with personal feelings and faith and beliefs. Not my cup of tea.

I will note, however, that after your recent vacillation on the question of getting radiation for your prostate problem, I am left with the realization that you have taken a position I have not personally encountered before. Some people who claimed divine investiture took the radical step of taking their own lives, and had their followers do likewise (Jim Jones, Heaven’s Gate. Etc.) Your case is different primarily in that you are choosing to die, either as prophesied in Revelations, or if that fails, you consciously have opted to let cancer kill you. It’s going to be something I will remember long after you are gone – that I conversed with someone who intentionally sacrificed themselves as you have chosen to do.

not a new scenario, imo. whatever Michael chooses, i'm sure he's weighed his options (i hope). some folks are content to choose no treatment. i know folks that avoid doctors most of their lives, never knowing what diseases they may have - evidence and logic proves it -

but maybe by the end of the year he will have a clear vision of his future - :patrol:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
"Moses" is simply a name or perhaps a pen name, there is no way of validating a name.
Anyway whoever did write the Pentateuch also wrote about Moses' death, which would be a neat trick if he did it himself.

Dear alwight,

Moses is not a pen name. Moses wrote the Pentateuch and did not go into any detail about his death. I could do that same with my death. But I will not go into any details with you about it. But I could PM someone and write the details. I could PM you, for example. But I'm not plastering it on this thread. Anyway, I'm sure Aaron, Moses brother, could have added it to Moses Pentateuch or even Joshua, Moses' replacement.

Much Love, In Christ,

Michael

:angel: :angel: :angel:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No, there are more Christians than Muslims, and in many places, like Africa, Muslims are losing ground.

Presently about 32 percent of the world is Christian and about 23 percent are Muslim.

Eberstadt’s first paper was expressively titled “Fertility Decline in the Muslim World: A Veritable Sea-Change, Still Curiously Unnoticed.” Using data for 49 Muslim-majority countries and territories, he found that fertility rates declined an average of 41 percent between 1975-1980 and 2005-2010, compared with a 33 percent decline for the world as a whole.
http://www.dailystar.com.lb/Opinion...ticed-but-muslim-fertility-is-in-decline.ashx

Dear The Barbarian,

Well, thank you very much for your informative post. I'm so glad that you are knowledgeable about the point in question. You saved my butt. Muslims are not MUCH different than Christians in that, they do supposedly believe in the same God, the God of Abraham. But they have different ideas, just like the different denominations of Christians, Protestants, and Catholics, etc.

God and the Bible are very well rooted in our culture. Atheism or agnosticism is rarer. But I do know that it seems to be growing in London, England. Who knows why. London is becoming like New York City in Manhattan in many ways indeed. Expensive, non-religious, materialistic, non-caring about others, a rat race with tons of people. I used to live in NYC, so I do know. Even back when I lived there 38 years ago, it was a trip!

Much Love To You, Barbarian! And Thanks!!

Michael

:guitar: :thumb: :rapture: :cloud9: :singer:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Dearest DavisBJ,

Wait a minute! I am not choosing to die. I'm just waiting 4 to 5 extra months before I decide to submit to radiation. That's all I ask. It's not such a big thing. I'll be fine. I am taking Turmeric pills to help me now, which are supposed to be quite helpful in fighting cancer cells. It is proven and recorded on the Internet here. Thanks for caring, dear brother!! I love you too!!

Warm Wishes,

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
not a new scenario, imo. whatever Michael chooses, i'm sure he's weighed his options (i hope). some folks are content to choose no treatment. i know folks that avoid doctors most of their lives, never knowing what diseases they may have - evidence and logic proves it -

but maybe by the end of the year he will have a clear vision of his future - :patrol:

Dear patrick jane,

There you go. You know what I'm doing before I even tell you. I'm partly in control of my future. I have weighed my options and choices in the Balance, and decided what I will do. I am a Libra, so I do weigh things either way. Way before the end of the year, if I'm still alive, I will be undergoing radiation treatments. I'm mostly concerned about August through October. It's going to be a sticky wicket!!

Thanks Patrick!! I like your new Avatar!! Is that a pic of you?? It's about time!!

Much Love, In Christ,

Michael

P.S. I will have to see if there is a picture of me on my Profile Page. I'll have to do something about it if there isn't.

:rapture: :cloud9: :cloud9:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Nope, but it really doesn't matter because many of those that purport to be Christian or claim affiliation with Christianity are not necessarily so. Jesus said few there are that enter in so I'm not staking my belief on it being the biggest.

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0904108.html

Dear StanJ,

You know Stan, Jesus said 'and at that time, anyone who calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.' Something to that effect. I see a lot of non-practicing Christians and all people calling upon His Name, even Muslims and Jews, Hindus, Confusions, atheists, agnostics, etc. calling upon the Lord when He returns. And those who helped their brothers and sisters while they were on Earth could easily be forgiven and taken into Jesus' bosom. Narrow is the gate, but it behooves God that all men shall be saved. Still, there will be many who cannot be saved this time around, because of their severe actions, and that is what the Second Death is for, which shall happen in over 1,000 years from now. I would say it will be 2,000 years from now before the Second Death. After that Second Death, death and Hell will give up those therein and they shall all be judged according to their works, i.e., did they help the poor, were they a Good Samaritan, did they give someone some currency, clothes or food, who was in need? It is God's Will that almost everyone makes it. It pleases Him to teach His Children rather than burn them forever. I would not be surprised to see Jesus forgive his betrayer, Judas, because Judas was born for the sole purpose of betraying Jesus, so he didn't have much choice in the matter. But Satan, Lucifer, the antichrist (Uri Geller) and the false prophet (Jean-Pierre Girard), and I believe even the 666 persons who followed after the beast will also be going to the Lake of Fire and burned forever. That lake of fire is our Sun. And once it burns out, another Sun will be provided. They WILL burn FOREVER. They have been VERY BOGUS and have misled and confused many people, causing enormous unneeded suffering to their fellow men and women! Listen, I'd best go. There's so much I could tell you all, but I know that God can tell you a lot once you're with Him too. I'm just telling you things beforehand that you will learn to be true later.

Praise His Holy Name!!

Michael

You're all :first: in my book!!

alwight

No I didn't actually check but I'd probably seen claims (below) that suggest that Muslims will outnumber Christians before too long.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ligion-increase-faster-worlds-population.html
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...y-muslims-as-christians-in-the-world-by-2050/

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear All,

I am having trouble staying up and my eyelids are heavy. Good night. It's been an interesting day, to say the least.

God Love You All,

Michael

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
No I didn't actually check but I'd probably seen claims (below) that suggest that Muslims will outnumber Christians before too long.

The guys estimating made the usual error of careless extrapolation. There's a trajectory of lowered fertility as a society becomes less agricultural and more technical/industrial. For perfectly good economic reasons.

The same forces are working against extremism, which is why daesh is so frantic to get that caliphate working.

StanJ

Dear StanJ,

You know Stan, Jesus said 'and at that time, anyone who calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.' Something to that effect. I see a lot of non-practicing Christians and all people calling upon His Name, even Muslims and Jews, Hindus, Confusions, atheists, agnostics, etc. calling upon the Lord when He returns. And those who helped their brothers and sisters while they were on Earth could easily be forgiven and taken into Jesus' bosom. Narrow is the gate, but it behooves God that all men shall be saved. Still, there will be many who cannot be saved this time around, because of their severe actions, and that is what the Second Death is for, which shall happen in over 1,000 years from now. I would say it will be 2,000 years from now before the Second Death. After that Second Death, death and Hell will give up those therein and they shall all be judged according to their works, i.e., did they help the poor, were they a Good Samaritan, did they give someone some currency, clothes or food, who was in need? It is God's Will that almost everyone makes it. It pleases Him to teach His Children rather than burn them forever. I would not be surprised to see Jesus forgive his betrayer, Judas, because Judas was born for the sole purpose of betraying Jesus, so he didn't have much choice in the matter. But Satan, Lucifer, the antichrist (Uri Geller) and the false prophet (Jean-Pierre Girard), and I believe even the 666 persons who followed after the beast will also be going to the Lake of Fire and burned forever. That lake of fire is our Sun. And once it burns out, another Sun will be provided. They WILL burn FOREVER. They have been VERY BOGUS and have misled and confused many people, causing enormous unneeded suffering to their fellow men and women! Listen, I'd best go. There's so much I could tell you all, but I know that God can tell you a lot once you're with Him too. I'm just telling you things beforehand that you will learn to be true later.

Praise His Holy Name!!

Michael

You're all :first: in my book!!

Actually Jesus didn't say this, Joel did, Joel 2:32 (NIV) and Peter did, Acts 2:21 (NIV), and Paul did, Rom 10:13 (NIV), so which one of these are you referring to?
ALL men are redeemed, but not all men will be saved as Matthew 23 clearly shows.
I really don't try to guess when God will do what He has said He will do. I just accept it as fact and move on. James 4:15 (NIV)

Take care of yourself Michael.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear StanJ,

I meant that I'd heard it before. I guess I meant that Joel, Paul and Peter said it. If they said it, it must be true. I know the path is narrow for those who will be saved, but there is hope if someone knows what to do. Sadly, most will not. They will figure that calling upon the Lord is probably too late, so they won't do it. But I do hope they will. Didn't Jesus say that God would that none shall be lost? Thanks Stan!!

Praise The Lord!

Michael

StanJ

Dear StanJ,

I meant that I'd heard it before. I guess I meant that Joel, Paul and Peter said it. If they said it, it must be true. I know the path is narrow for those who will be saved, but there is hope if someone knows what to do. Sadly, most will not. They will figure that calling upon the Lord is probably too late, so they won't do it. But I do hope they will. Didn't Jesus say that God would that none shall be lost? Thanks Stan!!

Praise The Lord!

Michael

Actually again it was Peter in 2 Peter 3:9 (NIV), but yes that is exactly the point and why 2000 years later, Jesus has still not returned. God is very patient.

:D

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear The Barbarian,

I will be glad when ISIS is crushed. I do hope the U.S. will do the job. Since the Iraqis can't seem to do the job, I know they are sending in another 450 soldiers to Iraq to help the Iraqi army know how to do it. The Iraqis just run scared and leave valuable weapons for ISIS to use. I do not want the U.S. to go back to war again, but this is an emergency indeed. ISIS is very invasive and powerful because you can't leave the ISIS army without getting killed for it.

So The Barbarian, what do you think about Jesus Returning soon? Isn't it wonderful news?? It is the perfect time for it to happen. It's not like the U.S. is supporting Israel like they used to. Everybody seems to be deserting Israel. That's what the Bible predicted. When all are standing against Israel, know that the time is near. Obama is a Muslim is seems. He's doing a lousy job of standing by Israel. On purpose, I think. I have this feeling that he'd rather the Arabs win the war against Israel. And he's pulling this stuff in his last year in office. We could still impeach him, I hope.

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear Alwight,

I believe the Muslims will never increase more than the Christians. There isn't enough time for that. Thanks for your links though!!

Much Love For You, alwight!!

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Actually again it was Peter in 2 Peter 3:9 (NIV), but yes that is exactly the point and why 2000 years later, Jesus has still not returned. God is very patient.

:D

Dear StanJ,

Hey Buddy!! Good to hear from you today. You brighten up my day. Yes, God is very patient, but I think that's about run out. It is time. It's been 2,000 years and that's a nice, long time to wait. It's about time Jesus returned. I hope other people realize that too. It's time to make yourself right with God so you won't be left behind. I know you will make it easily. I can tell. Please try to lead others to Jesus too before it's too late. We need to help as many brethren as we can.

Much Love To You, Stan,

Michael

:cloud9: :cloud9:

You know why I'm on cloud9? Because God, Jesus and the Holy Ghost are in my life!! Yippee!!!

MC

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I will be glad when ISIS is crushed. I do hope the U.S. will do the job. Since the Iraqis can't seem to do the job, I know they are sending in another 450 soldiers to Iraq to help the Iraqi army know how to do it. The Iraqis just run scared and leave valuable weapons for ISIS to use.

The Iraqi army is questionable. The Peshmerga (Kurdish militias) are another story. Those guys have been fighting the Turks (who are no pushover themselves) for decades, and only recently came to a sort of truce. So they are focusing on ISIS, and with US air support, are kicking some butt. The recent Obama-ordered hit on a high-ranking ISIS leader will put some pressure on them; he was important in getting money for oil, and he was also a high-ranking military leader.

So The Barbarian, what do you think about Jesus Returning soon?

The Bible says no man knows the time. And I'm pretty sure that's true. It would be something wonderful if it happened in our time, though.

Isn't it wonderful news?? It is the perfect time for it to happen. It's not like the U.S. is supporting Israel like they used to. Everybody seems to be deserting Israel. That's what the Bible predicted. When all are standing against Israel, know that the time is near. Obama is a Muslim is seems. He's doing a lousy job of standing by Israel.

The Israelis seem to think otherwise.

The prime minister listed all the times he called Obama and received immediate aid, including the 2010 Carmel forest fire and the siege of the Israeli embassy in Cairo during the 2011 unrest. “In each of those moments, I called the president, and he was there,” Netanyahu said. “And some of what the president has done for Israel might never be known, because it touches on some of the most sensitive and strategic issues that arise between an American president and an Israeli prime minister.” “But I know it!” he continued. “And I will always be grateful to President Obama for that support.”

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corne...h-i-called-president-and-he-was-there-brendan

But two senior Israeli leaders have a different view. In recent interviews with CNN’s Wolf Blitzer that aired this afternoon, Defense Minister Ehud Barak and President Shimon Peres praised Obama’s commitment to Israel:

BARAK: I should tell you honestly that this administration under President Obama is doing, in regard to our security, more than anything that I can remember in the past. … In terms of the support for our security, the cooperation of our intelligence, the sharing of sorts in a very open way even when there are differences.

PERES: When I look at the record of President Obama concerning the major issues, security, I think it’s a highly satisfactory record, from an Israeli point of view.

http://thinkprogress.org/security/2012/07/30/610531/peres-barak-obama-israel/

And of course, Obama has killed or captured a large number of Muslim terrorists, something Bush wasn't able to do very well.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Iraqi army is questionable. The Peshmerga (Kurdish militias) are another story. Those guys have been fighting the Turks (who are no pushover themselves) for decades, and only recently came to a sort of truce. So they are focusing on ISIS, and with US air support, are kicking some butt. The recent Obama-ordered hit on a high-ranking ISIS leader will put some pressure on them; he was important in getting money for oil, and he was also a high-ranking military leader.

The Bible says no man knows the time. And I'm pretty sure that's true. It would be something wonderful if it happened in our time, though.

The Israelis seem to think otherwise.

The prime minister listed all the times he called Obama and received immediate aid, including the 2010 Carmel forest fire and the siege of the Israeli embassy in Cairo during the 2011 unrest. “In each of those moments, I called the president, and he was there,” Netanyahu said. “And some of what the president has done for Israel might never be known, because it touches on some of the most sensitive and strategic issues that arise between an American president and an Israeli prime minister.” “But I know it!” he continued. “And I will always be grateful to President Obama for that support.”

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corne...h-i-called-president-and-he-was-there-brendan

But two senior Israeli leaders have a different view. In recent interviews with CNN’s Wolf Blitzer that aired this afternoon, Defense Minister Ehud Barak and President Shimon Peres praised Obama’s commitment to Israel:

BARAK: I should tell you honestly that this administration under President Obama is doing, in regard to our security, more than anything that I can remember in the past. … In terms of the support for our security, the cooperation of our intelligence, the sharing of sorts in a very open way even when there are differences.

PERES: When I look at the record of President Obama concerning the major issues, security, I think it’s a highly satisfactory record, from an Israeli point of view.

http://thinkprogress.org/security/2012/07/30/610531/peres-barak-obama-israel/

And of course, Obama has killed or captured a large number of Muslim terrorists, something Bush wasn't able to do very well.

Well, dear Barbarian, I'm quite shocked. I never knew about what you posted. Wonderful. I'm glad for Netanyahu and Obama now! I had NO IDEA!! I know that Obama got rid of Osama bin Laden, so that was really nice. Thanks for the links too, buddy!! You're pretty smart!

God's Best 4 U!!

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.