can anyone please give me proof that Jesus Christ is real?

firechyld

The Egyptians believed in multiple Gods and Horus was like Hercules a son of a God. It has nothing to do with the belief in one God in three persons.

The Egyptians just saw the sun and moon and they named Gods after them and gave them distinct powers that they made up etc.

This all goes against the Hebrew God which was a distinct religion and this is the tradition that Christianity came from.

Actually, a particular Egyptian named Akenaten is considered to be a challenger for the title of World's First Monotheist. Ironically enough, he pushed for the worship of a triune deity... three in one, one in three. Sound familiar?

jjjg

BANNED
Banned
Was Horus part of his belief?

Actually Akhenaten lived at the same time Joseph came to Egypt. Funny how the Jewish belief influences some people.:think:

jjjg

BANNED
Banned
Actually it is probably closer to the fact that he was pharo and there were lots of wealthy aristocrats.

So to maintain control he made sure that he was a tangible God (his beliefs by the way did not depend on faith, but the acceptance of him as God and it was hardly the first monotheism, the Hebrew belief is much earlier).

firechyld

Actually it is probably closer to the fact that he was pharo and there were lots of wealthy aristocrats.

What was?

So to maintain control he made sure that he was a tangible God (his beliefs by the way did not depend on faith, but the acceptance of him as God and it was hardly the first monotheism, the Hebrew belief is much earlier).

Again, a little evidence?

c.moore

Originally posted by jjjg

C. Moore, are you serious? You're crazed enough to.

The difference is Horus is completely fabricated. You may eliminate the Jesus as being the Son of God but the historicity of the man remains.

Just as you may take away from the Emperor being a God but the man Julius Ceaser remains.

The Hebrew history and promise of a Messiah is unique and as old as Egyptian people.

The foolishness of Christ to the gentiles is that the Son of God would let himself be crucified and ridiculed and die on a cross.

That alone is unique as is the message of or weakness being our greatest strength and to love one another and treat each other as equals.:thumb:

But do you think the love and humbleness comes from Buddah as the religion of peace and love was copied into christianity?

c.moore

The Egyptians believed in multiple Gods and Horus was like Hercules a son of a God. It has nothing to do with the belief in one God in three persons.

The Egyptians just saw the sun and moon and they named Gods after them and gave them distinct powers that they made up etc.

This all goes against the Hebrew God which was a distinct religion and this is the tradition that Christianity came from.:cool:

But didn`t the one God come into existance and was develope in the Captivity period of Israel and Juda??

Maybe the one God without a body was invented in the Zoroastrian Persian main God and this is where the Idea pop up and was copied into Christianity and other montheism religions and belief.

I think it was around the period of 722BC and 539 BC,

Aimiel

... the Hebrew belief is much earlier).
I believe that Adam had faith in The One True God, having experienced His Presence first-hand. He sort of pre-dated the Hebrew faith, though some might argue that he spoke Hebrew. :thumb:

c.moore

Originally posted by Aimiel

I believe that Adam had faith in The One True God, having experienced His Presence first-hand. He sort of pre-dated the Hebrew faith, though some might argue that he spoke Hebrew. :thumb:

Where did this myth of Adam come from??
It was told to me that the story was a myth of a prepagan belief before this story was invented.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by c.moore

But didn`t the one God come into existance and was develope in the Captivity period of Israel and Juda??

Maybe the one God without a body was invented in the Zoroastrian Persian main God and this is where the Idea pop up and was copied into Christianity and other montheism religions and belief.

I think it was around the period of 722BC and 539 BC,

Yes. The worship of Bel (northern kingdom) and Eloyhim (southern kingdom) were merged after the captivity.

Aimiel

Originally posted by c.moore

Where did this myth of Adam come from??
It was told to me that the story was a myth of a prepagan belief before this story was invented.
It's not a myth. Adam and his wife were created, from the dust of the earth, and if you don't have any faith that The Word of God is true, there will always be someone ready to turn your doubt into a complete lack of faith. Keep in mind that the thief doesn't come except to kill, steal and destroy. He wants to leave you behind as 'road kill.' You need to believe in God to receive anything from Him, and a part of that belief is to take Him at His Word, as if He doesn't lie, because He doesn't. :thumb:

Rolf Ernst

C. Moore--Tell the man that the Encyclopedia Brittanica has more on the life of Christ that it has on the life of Shakespeare. He has no doubt about the existence of Shakespeare primarily because he has no antagonism to the existence of that one man.

He has a psychological problem with the existence of Christ, however, and that phobia is his real problem. Let him know that if you put him in a roomful of books from secular authorities that discussed the secular records of Christ's existence, it would do him no good. The only faith that is real faith comes from the word of God. The Holy Spirit uses it to convert men to Christ. It is our job to bear witness of Christ. If the Holy Spirit is pleased to use it to give that man a REAL faith, He will do so. If He (the Holy Spirit) is not pleased to personally convince that man through the testimony of Christ in His word, nothing else will help him. We bear witness through the word, and have no interest in secular testimonies, nor do we need them. BUT, if you are personally interested, Josh McDowel gives a number of different secular sources in one of his "Evidence That Demands a Verdict" editions. I know that Josephus, a Jewish priest, wrote The Antiquities of the Jews and made a reference to the Christ in that history book. The Ency. Brittanica is probably careful to give footnotes and a bibliography of ALL sources it used it writing its article concerning Christ. That may be the largest listing of sources.

jjjg

BANNED
Banned
Actually, C.Moore it was probably Christians who brought the ideas of Christ to Buddhism.

No the Jewish faith such as Abraham's faith was well before their entrance into Egypt.

Granite

Hall of Fame

Actually, C.Moore it was probably Christians who brought the ideas of Christ to Buddhism.

No the Jewish faith such as Abraham's faith was well before their entrance into Egypt.

"Probably"? Why is that?

OMEGA

PERSONAL FRIENDS

PERSONAL FRIENDS

SMOTHERS,

I EVEN TALKED TO HIS FATHER

AND HE NEVER MENTIONED YOU EITHER.

Of course, that is because there are alot of subscribers

to His Holy Spirit of whom you do not know . :thumb: :angel:

John10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold:

them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice;

and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Last edited: