Bible Study - the Book of Job

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Not to worry. No one has said that.

God calls lot of folks righteous even though they are not perfectly sinless.

exactly, righteous does not mean sinless. Paul said there is none righteous. Romans 3:10 KJV -

The Lord God counts and imputes faith, works, deeds and acts AS righteousness.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Job asks God why is there suffering and why are the good punished.

God responds out of the whirlwind with some natural history.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
exactly, righteous does not mean sinless. Paul said there is none righteous. Romans 3:10 KJV -

The Lord God counts and imputes faith, works, deeds and acts AS righteousness.

Why wouldn't he count his own work righteous?

Romans 12:3 KJVA

3 For I say , through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think ; but to think soberly , according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

Philippians 2:13 KJV

13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

Yahu

Since the bible does not specifically tell us, only clues can be compiled to speculate as to the timeline.
And there is much to speculate on.

My own personal preference is that Job lived sometime just prior to, or during, the time of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

Well considering one of Job's 'friends' is Eliphaz the 1st born son of Esau and we know Eliphaz is an old man at the time it is pretty conclusive when the time period is. It specifically calls Eliphaz the Temenite. Temen was the eldest son of Esau and the father lived with his eldest son in old age. That is why the eldest was given the double portion of inheritance. They often named the cities after that eldest son. So Eliphaz from the city of Temen is the son of Esau.

Btw, all 3 of Job's friends are pagans that followed different gods. Eliphaz was a sun god worshiper.