Mean TOL members

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Originally posted by beanieboy
I haven't seen many gay people wanting the government to execute christians.
That's because the government would take too long...:chuckle:

the Sibbie

Abhor what is Evil

Abhor what is Evil

Great first post, Poly! :thumb:

There are many Christians and non-Christians on here that say God wants us to be always loving and tolerant of one another and never judging. But what do they say about loving God? If God hates evil and if we embrace it, is not our love toward God hypocritical? And guys like beanieboy can't understand why their lifestyle is such an offense to us.

Those of us who love God naturally desire to abhor evil. To be in true fellowship with God we would hate that which God hates. God hates wickedness and the people who act out that wickedness (i.e. people who have turned their back on God).

Another thing I realized is that in Romans 13:9 only summerizes the last five commandments into "You shall love your neighbor as yourself." But those are only the second half of the ten commandments. But what about the first half? Shouldn't loving God be the highest priority, before loving our neighbor? Moses reviews the Ten Commandments in Deuteronomy 5, then in Deuteronomy 6:5 Moses proclaims what could be considered the sum of all the Commandments "And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might."

Also we find in 1 John 2:15-17
Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.
I believe "world" means the wicked people of the world. Especially since in 1 John 2:2, "world" represents a group of people instead of just the sin of the people.
And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Therefore servent101, beanieboy is not
Originally posted by servent101

...more of a Christian influence where he is right now, not being a Christian than you will ever be, unless you come to your senses.

servent101

I vote sibbie and poly as the worst offenders of the Truth here on TOL.

The truth does hurt, I know.

With Christ's Love

Servent101

philosophizer

Do I think God loves the man who says, "I am a lonely sinner. Please have mercy on me, " more than the self righteous one who thinks they are better than others?

Yes.

Do you not agree that exhalting oneself is wrong, and to say, "I'm so glad I'm not like THAT person" makes you foul to God?

You're kinda dancing the "meaningless dance" around the words. I'm glad I'm not a drunk. I'm glad I'm not a prostitute. I'm glad I'm not a murderer. I'm glad I'm not a rapist. None of that makes me foul to God. There's no reason why I shouldn't be glad not to be those things.

Point is, the Pharisee was not repentant at all. He was saying that he's great and there's nothing wrong with him. He was a hypocrite. He saw no reason for personal repentance while seeing it as necessary in others. That's the point: hypocracy of unrepentance. Not disgust at sin.

beanieboy

The Pharisees knew the law inside and out, and yet, Jesus took off his kid gloves with these people, saying that they traveled the world over to find converts, then made them twice as fit for hell as they were.

Why would Jesus say this to people who knew the law?

Because they did not know mercy, kindness, gentleness, or compassion.

I have never asked for anyone to be tolerant of me being gay.
I disagree that I am hated by God, but think what you will.

However, if you don't show kindness, mercy, gentleness, or any of the true fruits of the spirit, and have no love, you are just a loud clanging gong.

That's you, Sibbie. You are in love with your own ego, you act as if you have somehow earned salvation.

Still being mean enough, Poly? Are do you want me to turn it up?

Lucky

Hall of Fame

Do you not agree that exhalting oneself is wrong, and to say, "I'm so glad I'm not like THAT person" makes you foul to God?
I agree, exalting oneself would be wrong. But I've yet to see anyone exalting themself.

smaller

BANNED
Banned
Let's examine Poly's TRUTH....

What happened to her anyway.

Where did the SINLESS one go???

Anyway THEIR version of THE TRUTH is that YOU MUST DECIDE to follow JESUS

OR

God (or possibly yourself) will TORTURE YOU ENDLESSLY IN FIRE.

Well, let's see:

If it is MY DECISION then that MAKES ME GOD right?

God apparently is ONLY ACTIVATED FOR ME upon MY DECISION, therefore I, I, I ACTIVATE God???

What kind of a GOD is that? I ACTIVATE GOD?

You mean this supposed GOD only BECOMES EFFECTIVE upon MY ACTS???

How ridiculous!

and then

IF

I DON"T ACTIVATE God,

then

God activates to BURN ME FOR ETERNITY???

For what? Failure TO ACTIVATE HIM????

What kind of NONSENSE religion is THAT????

enjoy!

smaller

the Sibbie

Originally posted by philosophizer

That's the point: hypocracy of unrepentance. Not disgust at sin.
Great point, philo! I truly wish others like servent101 and beanieboy could see that. :shake:

the Sibbie

The Pharisees knew the law inside and out, and yet, Jesus took off his kid gloves with these people, saying that they traveled the world over to find converts, then made them twice as fit for hell as they were.

Why would Jesus say this to people who knew the law?

Because they did not know mercy, kindness, gentleness, or compassion.

I have never asked for anyone to be tolerant of me being gay.
I disagree that I am hated by God, but think what you will.

However, if you don't show kindness, mercy, gentleness, or any of the true fruits of the spirit, and have no love, you are just a loud clanging gong.

That's you, Sibbie. You are in love with your own ego, you act as if you have somehow earned salvation.

Still being mean enough, Poly? Are do you want me to turn it up?
Beanie, sadly I'd have to say that you are the biggest hypocrite on here always trying to tell us what Jesus is like. Thanks, but I'd rather hear it straight from God's word, without your interpretations and your hack job of rightly dividing the truth. You make it sound as if you are desparate to be respected by God, yet you refuse to turn from that which He calls an abomination! Also, you try to use Scripture against those of us who warn you of your destructive folly, meanwhile you are a Buddhist who doesn't believe in Trinity and blame us of misrepresenting God.

If you are not going to obey God, it is better for you completely turn from Him than be lukewarm by misrepresenting Jesus Christ. Hot or Cold? Which is is gonna be?

If Poly and I are in any way misrepresenting the Truth, may God have mercy on our souls.

Last edited:

adajos

Poly,

Because they were repentant.

That's right---Christ called them foul names from a distance while emphasizing how they made him want to puke and repeatedly told them they were damned until they repented, and once they repented then He dined with them. (Heavy Sarcasm)

C'mon now, that's bunk. You have any evidence to substantiate your claim that He only ever associated with sinners after they repented?

You saying that I'm picking favorite verses and jumping to conclusions with them doesn't make it true. If you feel this way is it not more beneficial to explain how this is being done rather than just expecting people to believe this is the case simply because servent101 says so? Let's start here.

18"He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

I take this verse to mean that those who do not believe in God are condemned. Please show how I am picking this verse and jumping to the conclusion I just gave.

You are misunderstanding me. Probably I didn't make myself clear. I'm not a universalist.

The point I was trying to make was that you can't find a couple of isolated verses that describe God hating sinners and instantly conclude that thus we should be hateful and derogatory towards sinners.

For every such verse you can find, I can find a verse where Christ is loving towards sinners, while still letting them know the truth of their sin.

Luke 6
34And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' lend to 'sinners,' expecting to be repaid in full. 35But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. 36Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

So, is the Bible contradicting itself then about how we are to deal with sinners? No. I think the overall idea that should be understood is that there is a time and a place for loving sinners and a time and place for dealing with them harshly.

This is my problem with Enyarts' "Nicer Than God" stuff. He takes one aspect of Christ, the fact that He could be harsh in some circumstances, and extrapolates too much from that. He could also be kind to sinners. As a result you end up having people on this board feeling godly and righteous because they call a somebody else a disgusting queer who makes them want to puke. That's just wrong. And the worst thing is, they think that is being loving.

Christ reserved harsh judgement for all those who were unrepentant.

Matthew 10:34-36 "Think not that I am come to send peace on earth. I came not to send peace but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be of his own household."

True. Unrepentant sinners go to hell. They are judged for their acts. I agree. We are judged and we as Christians can judge in a non-hypocritical fashion.

But judging should not be done in a purposefully abrasive, self-righteous fashion except perhaps in the very rarest of cirumstances. Nor should it be done cruelly. Cases in point:

What I was doing is called "mocking" beanster. I realize with all the perverted disgusting acts you engage in, it causes your braincells to become dull but do try to keep up.

And those that continue to spit in the face of God until the day of judgment, we get to rejoice over when they get what's coming to them.

The sad thing is, you seem to have twisted your definition of love so that you feel the above kinds of statements are loving and righteous.

I'm not saying we can't judge. I'm not saying we should excuse sin. We should tell people of their sin. But that's different than calling them names and trading insults with them.

I leave you with this:

1 Thessalonians 5
14And we urge you, brothers, warn those who are idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone. 15Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else

By the way, Poly, do you tell overweight people who aren't repentant that you are disgusted by their vile and disgusting sinful acts of gluttony and that you can't wait until they are condemned to hell? Perhaps calling them "fatties" and "tubs of lard" will make them repent of their sins and come to Christ. Or do you reserve this sort of behavior only for the sins you pick and choose?

Last edited:

On Fire

Originally posted by adajos
By the way, Poly, do you tell overweight people who aren't repentant that you are disgusted by their vile and disgusting sinful acts of gluttony and that you can't wait until they are condemned to hell? Perhaps calling them "fatties" and "tubs of lard" will make them repent of their sings and come to Christ. Or do you reserve this sort of behavior only for the sins you pick and choose?

Is the fat tub of lard posting lies on a weight watchers forum? Do they refuse to see that weighing 500lbs is nothealthy physically or spiritually? Do they call people who are successfully losing weight "healthy wannabes"?

adajos

Lucky,

I agree, exalting oneself would be wrong. But I've yet to see anyone exalting themself.

How's this for such an instance of that by Poly on this thread:

And those that continue to spit in the face of God until the day of judgment, we get to rejoice over when they get what's coming to them.

Keeping in mind the defintion of exalt from dictionary.com:

ex·alt ( P ) Pronunciation Key (g-zôlt)
tr.v. ex·alt·ed, ex·alt·ing, ex·alts
To raise in rank, character, or status; elevate

If she's not elevating herself over others with a sentence like that, I don't know what she's doing.

Whatever happened to the attitude "But for the grace of God, there go I"??

On Fire

Originally posted by adajos
Whatever happened to the attitude "But for the grace of God, there go I"??

Stick around here long enough and you too will be able to discern the innocent seekers from the blasphemers.

adajos

Is the fat tub of lard posting lies on a weight watchers forum? Do they refuse to see that weighing 500lbs is nothealthy physically or spiritually? Do they call people who are successfully losing weight "healthy wannabes"?

What's your point?

I'm not going to go back and forth with insulting one-line posts with you.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Originally posted by Sibbie

Beanie, sadly I'd have to say that you are the biggest hypocrite on here always trying to tell us what Jesus is like. Thanks, but I'd rather hear it straight from God's word, without your interpretations and your hack job of rightly dividing the truth. You make it sound as if you are desparate to be loved by God, yet you refuse to turn from that which He calls an abomination! Also, you try to use Scripture against those of us who warn you of your destructive folly, meanwhile you are a Hindu who doesn't believe in Trinity and blame us of misrepresenting God.

If you are not going to obey God, it is better for you completely turn from Him than be lukewarm by misrepresenting Jesus Christ. Hot or Cold? Which is is gonna be?

If Poly and I are in any way misrepresenting the Truth, may God have mercy on our souls.

Thought this needed repeated...

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by smaller

Let's examine Poly's TRUTH....

What happened to her anyway.

Where did the SINLESS one go???
Newsflash! I sometimes have more important things to do than to try and straighten you out such as take care of my family.

Stop implying that I've said something that I haven't.

Smaller, you said
Originally posted by smaller
When you have ERADICATED SIN from YOURSELF perhaps you would have a point but of course that has not happened yet so whatever...

To which I responded
Originally posted by Poly
Christ on the other hand says that by accepting Him my sins are eradicated.
I say this in accordance to the following:

Romans 5:19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man's obedience many will be made righteous.

2 Corinthians 5:21 For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

Not by anything I've done but by believing on the only one worthy enough to be the sacrifice that is able to eradicate my sin, I am made righteous to God.

You mean this supposed GOD only BECOMES EFFECTIVE upon MY ACTS???
How ridiculous

Oh really? God seems to think otherwise. I'll go over this real slow like for ya.

Acts 16:31 "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, (this is the "MY ACTS" part you refered to) and you will be saved...."(and this is where "GOD BECOMES EFFECTIVE")
Let's go over this again.

Romans 10:9
"that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead,("MY ACTS") you will be saved.(GOD BECOMING EFFECTIVE)

IF

I DON"T ACTIVATE God,
then

God activates to BURN ME FOR ETERNITY???

"Activate God"? believe in God is a better way to put it.

The only thing one can enjoy about your posts is ripping them to shreds

Cyrus of Persia

Re: Re: Mean TOL members

Re: Re: Mean TOL members

Originally posted by Gerald

Talk is cheap. A good right hook is more effective.

A tire iron is even more effective.

Good point. One Christian actually wanted to fight with me in real and wished me painful death just yesterday in those forums. So, yes, the best way is just to kill those who oppose your views :chuckle: