Why do we get sick?

Freak

Originally posted by Tatie

Yes, this is very important. Jesus and the apostles casted out demons and healed the sick, now no one believes in demons causing ilnesses. Maybe that's why we don't get healed.
And the apostle Paul was afflicted by a demon and the Lord would not take it away...

To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."

theo_victis

sometimes God actually gives people evil spirits.... look at saul in 1 samuel... i believe it is in chapter 18. God gives saul an evil spirit.

smaller

BANNED
Banned
The path of each persons life is directed by God Himself. No one will be able to say to Him, WHY did you DO such and such to ME?

Each member of the human race has SPECIFIC PURPOSE designed by God and THEY WILL FULFILL whatever SPECIFIC PURPOSE God has placed before them.

Is the aborted baby shortchanged? The BLIND? The DISEASED?

No. Never.

The end of ALL OF THIS temporal life is the DEATH OF THE TEMPORAL BODY and ALL of it's ways are VANITY and SUBJECTIVITY.

...the JUDGMENT to come is for the WORKS OF SIN (sin is OF THE DEVIL) that were PERPETRATED in the TEMPORAL BODY of every person.

ALL the shortcomings of THIS LIFE will be SWALLOWED WHOLE BY ETERNAL LIFE. Death will be SWALLOWED UP in VICTORY. Death will have NO STING.

ALL the shortcomings in this life are NO PERSONS FAULT and there is NO PERSON TO BLAME, least of all YOURSELF.

The things we suffer in this life are not EVEN worthy to be compared to what awaits US ALL.

firechyld

Intriguing...

So... if illness occurs because of sin, where did micro-organisms come from? Did "God" create them when he created all other life? Did they pop into existance when Eve bit the apple?

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sigh. God did not want us to suffer from broken bodies in the beginning, but we broke our relationship with Him in the garden, so now we are on our own (physically).

God, for the most part, from the garden on has let things run (and they go downhill, unfortunately). Even if you add up all the people that were healed via miracle, the number is statistically insignificant.

So, illness is, for all practical purposes, not from the devil, not from God, and simply the result of a bunch of chemical reactions (in a very loose way).

Sometimes a sickness is just a sickness.

OMEGA

Is illness from the Devil, or can God make you sick?
-----------------------------------------------------

All sickness comes from Gerald and Billybob's bad Jokes .

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seriously though, most sickness are either from an airborne Virus

or from Food Poisoning caused by Insecticide, Animal Hormones

and Animal Medication or a lack of certain vitamins and minerals

in your diet.

God allows man to get sick to know his dependence on God for his

very life . Satan leads man to Polute his environment so that we

breathe foul air and drink poisoned water and thus destroy our

immune system and become ill .

firechyld

Post #26 of 27
Sigh. God did not want us to suffer from broken bodies in the beginning, but we broke our relationship with Him in the garden, so now we are on our own (physically).

God, for the most part, from the garden on has let things run (and they go downhill, unfortunately). Even if you add up all the people that were healed via miracle, the number is statistically insignificant.

So, illness is, for all practical purposes, not from the devil, not from God, and simply the result of a bunch of chemical reactions (in a very loose way).

Were there micro organisms in the garden?

Mr. 5020

Re: Re: Why do we get sick?

Re: Re: Why do we get sick?

Originally posted by philosophizer

I think it usually comes from little tiny things called germs. :vomit:

I agree with Philo here. I think illnesses are not nearly as spiritual as we make them out to be.

There are exceptions, of course...

Melody

Re: Re: Re: Why do we get sick?

Re: Re: Re: Why do we get sick?

Originally posted by Mr. 5020

I agree with Philo here. I think illnesses are not nearly as spiritual as we make them out to be.

There are exceptions, of course...

90 % of the people that are in hospitals are there because of drug(including alchohol) or tobacco abuse.

God created viruses and bacteria, but he also created a marvelous immune system. When we damage and abuse our bodies that immune system is compromised and most illnesses are caused by bacteria that we carry in our bodies all the time.

Our emotional state also has an effect on our immune system. Carrying anger and bitterness will have an effect on our health.
The scripture tells us that taking communion unworthily will lead to illness or death. Does that mean that there is a 'curse' on taking communion? No, it means that if you don't seek and give forgiveness as is instructed then guilt and bitterness will eat us alive.

Freak

Originally posted by Yorzhik

I agree but sometimes it a demon...

On a Sabbath Jesus was teaching in one of the synagogues, and a woman was there who had been crippled by a spirit for eighteen years. She was bent over and could not straighten up at all. When Jesus saw her, he called her forward and said to her, "Woman, you are set free from your infirmity." Then he put his hands on her, and immediately she straightened up and praised God.

philosophizer

Originally posted by firechyld

Intriguing...

So... if illness occurs because of sin, where did micro-organisms come from? Did "God" create them when he created all other life? Did they pop into existance when Eve bit the apple?

Considering that not all micro-organisms are harmful, it's possible that only beneficial micro-organisms existed prior to the fall. But through the course of all things afterward, some became harmful. After all, it is also believed that there were no carnivorous animals until after the flood.

Just a theory, though.

On Fire

Re: Re: Re: Re: Why do we get sick?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Why do we get sick?

Originally posted by Melody

90 % of the people that are in hospitals are there because of drug(including alchohol) or tobacco abuse.

God created viruses and bacteria, but he also created a marvelous immune system. When we damage and abuse our bodies that immune system is compromised and most illnesses are caused by bacteria that we carry in our bodies all the time.

Our emotional state also has an effect on our immune system. Carrying anger and bitterness will have an effect on our health.
The scripture tells us that taking communion unworthily will lead to illness or death. Does that mean that there is a 'curse' on taking communion? No, it means that if you don't seek and give forgiveness as is instructed then guilt and bitterness will eat us alive.

Bravo!

smaller

BANNED
Banned
Most of you want to FIND BLAME.

Blame men

Blame God

Blame the devil

Blame the fall, etc.

Is it so hard to understand that ALL THINGS serve GOD and PUT BLAME AWAY?

BLAME is the evidence of the ACCUSER of OTHERS upon us that controls nearly ALL of us.

It is GOD who has put us under the YOKE OF BLAME but I do not BLAME HIM but TRUST that He is ABLE and knows what He is doing.

Tatie

I am not looking for blame. I am looking for a cause, it can help me to deal with an illness. For example if all illness is from the devil due to sin, then I can confess all my sins and have the demons casted out. If it's from God, then I will have to endure and prepare for the funeral and say It's God's will. If it's "just an illness", then I will go the doctor and take anything he has to offfer.

What do you think this verse means:

2Ch 16:12 And Asa in the thirty and ninth year of his reign was diseased in his feet, until his disease was exceeding great: yet in his disease he sought not to the LORD, but to the physicians.

I am beginning to believe that all illness is spiritually caused.

Cyrus of Persia

Originally posted by Tatie

If it's "just an illness", then I will go the doctor and take anything he has to offfer.

Why dont you use this option no matter from where your illness comes? I dont think that God will be mad at you if you try to get healed one way, or another.

I see no one time where Jesus tells somebody who is looking for healing: "Go and live with your sickness, because it's what God is planning for you". He didnt healed all sick in Israel. But He never told to anybody either that he/she should bear his/her sickness and not to seek for healing.

smaller

BANNED
Banned
Greetings Tatie

I have been following your threads with interest for awhile now and understand (in a very small way) your situation.

I am not saying this will cure you, but in "christianity" there is a prevailing view that God will torture the majority of mankind for eternity.

This is the GREATEST SIN and the GREATEST HATRED that could EVER capture a persons heart.

SO seek your Divine Dr. on this matter if you want to "confess" and if nothing else you may experience GOD'S DIVINE LOVE to ALL people.

The Greatest Blessing ever bestowed, illness or no illness.

Light is meant to shine from darkness....

enjoy!

smaller

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
In response to firechyld, my answer is the same as philo's:

Considering that not all micro-organisms are harmful, it's possible that only beneficial micro-organisms existed prior to the fall. But through the course of all things afterward, some became harmful. After all, it is also believed that there were no carnivorous animals until after the flood.

Just a theory, though.