Does God know all things that are, have been, and will be?

andyc

God is doing the creating, it's not creating itself. This is the beginng of God's doing something new, something he had never done before.

One does not have to be very bright to understand this.

--Dave

From an earthly perspective this is true, not from a heavenly perspective.

Hebrews 4:3 For we who have believed do enter that rest, as He has said: "So I swore in My wrath, ‘They shall not enter My rest,’" although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If God see's everything from a timeless eternity, he would also be seeing it for eternity, because there would not ever be a time in God when he began to see it, nor ever be a time in God when he could stop seeing it.

If "God's past is not over" then he is still creating the world and the Bible is wrong, or not literal, when it says:

Genesis 2:1 Thus the heavens and the earth, and all the host of them, were finished. 2 And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done. 3 Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made.​

--Dave

Plus the term "it is finished" would be incoherent!

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Ok, it appeared you did.
That's because you can't read.

I dont see it as a contradiction.
That's because you're an idiot who doesn't know the meaning of the word "could." Go look it up.

He has the choice to say "no"..and, He is able to, always, without lust ever entering in.
What?

What does lust have to do with it?

?

I don't see your point.
Of course you don't.:doh:

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
While the presence of God is not everywhere, the eye's of the Lord see's everything that is happening in heaven and earth in present time.

God does not have time as if were a thing, God has freedom, freewill. He is free to do or not to do. A timeless God who sees everything all at once, also does everything all at once, means he does not have a will with the power not to do something.

In the beginning, God created...here is a beginning point for us that proves God is sequential in what he does. This is God's perspective. Liberalism is the logical conclusion of a timelessness.

--Dave

Lon

God is doing the creating, it's not creating itself. This is the beginng of God's doing something new, something he had never done before.

One does not have to be very bright to understand this.

--Dave
Yes, but it is our contention that "it is a new direction" (creating something new and all?). Can you please try and wrap your mind around the concept?

Lon

The creation is in his past.

--Dave
This is indeed the problem with open theism thinking. It is impossible to assert this and nearly the whole of the open view is contingent upon this faulty logic/assumption.

Prove the above to me please, and I'll become an open theist.

Lon

If God see's everything from a timeless eternity, he would also be seeing it for eternity, because there would not ever be a time in God when he began to see it, nor ever be a time in God when he could stop seeing it.

If "God's past is not over" then he is still creating the world and the Bible is wrong, or not literal, when it says:
Genesis 2:1 Thus the heavens and the earth, and all the host of them, were finished. 2 And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done. 3 Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made.
--Dave
Plus the term "it is finished" would be incoherent!
No, this is ignoring that God is relational to our duration. "It is finished" is indeed expressed in our time because there is a point A and B to measure/conceive of time. God can appoint these but they have nothing to do with His own existence other than as He interacts with what is created. Example again:
1. <----------------------------------------->
2. <--------|----------------------|-------->
or .-----------------------.

Time cannot exist without two points to measure, either physically or conceptually. I offered Dave an opportunity to prove that God's past is over but I already knew that I've proved otherwise and it is a solid proof of reality. Having no beginning, God either has a past that is not over or no past at all persay. Why? Because as #1 shows, there is nothing to measure therefore no time measurement or concept is possible. It is impossible to assign time specifically because God doesn't have a point A to measure or conceive.

#2 is any action of God. Yes there is duration but no God is not constrained by what He creates. In the same way I am relational to, yet unbound by a toy train around my Christmas tree, God is relational to yet apart from whatever He creates. It is this simple whether anyone acquiesces the point or not. Time can only exist within confines. God is not contained by anything other than Himself.

Ask Mr. Religion

&#9758;&#9758;&#9758;&#9758;Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Where in the Bible can we find that phrase, "fully actualized"?

--Dave
I AM. Look it up. :AMR:

God is independent, and claims it so in his own name-- he makes himself known as absolute being, as the one who is in an absolute sense.

BTW, if your litmus test is explicit words, where in the Bible do we find the word "Trinity"? Best to stick with "by good and necessary consequence" of the whole counsel of God when determining doctrine, no?

AMR

Last edited:
Reactions: Lon

Lon

Lon, are you saying that there is no time with God because God has no watch?
No, but because we'd have no idea when to start it with Him or what direction we were timing. God's either has no past that we can comprehend or it is currently going on forever which is completely outside of time's concept and reference. The fact proves that time (duration) is inapplicable to God.

ghost

Hall of Fame
No, but because we'd have no idea when to start it with Him or what direction we were timing. God's either has no past that we can comprehend or it is currently going on forever which is completely outside of time's concept and reference. The fact proves that time (duration) is inapplicable to God.
What do you think time is?

Lon

What do you think time is?
Time is a concept/measurement of forward momentum concerning a point in the past to a current point now, or a reference from the past to past duration. God has no beginning (no point A) nor an end (no point B).

ghost

Hall of Fame
Time is a concept/measurement of forward momentum concerning a point in the past to a current point now, or a reference from the past to past duration. God has no beginning (no point A) nor an end (no point B).
This only means that God's existence is immeasurable, but does not negate succession.

Lon

This only means that God's existence is immeasurable, but does not negate succession.
If you measure His succession, it goes in at least both directions, unlike our one. Look at the line and tell me how only unidirectional succession is possible without a reference point for movement/duration.
<------------------------------------------->

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes, but it is our contention that "it is a new direction" (creating something new and all?). Can you please try and wrap your mind around the concept?

The creation of the world a new direction?

A new direction is change and time in God.

In your own words, you're almost there.

--Dave