No announcement yet.

Signature in the cell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who designed the designer? --DaveDodo. Material things need designing. How would you design a non material being? There are no atoms and no space and no energy and no time and no mass and no gravity. What is there to design?

Comment

My medical education was very brief, but I viewed many monographs and films released by the AMA, and I remember thinking that, inside our bodies, we are a colony, a city, of symbiotic living and functioning organisms, each one doing a specific task to keep the whole human organism functioning. I saw all this many years ago and was in awe. That was way before the Internet, and way before there was any recognition or understanding of RNA and DNA. Today, all these many years later, I am still aghast at the complexity of ourselves. Add to all this a mind that thinks, and a soul, and we are really mind-blowing.

Comment

Originally posted by voltaire View Post
        Who designed the designer? --DaveDodo. Material things need designing. How would you design a non material being? There are no atoms and no space and no energy and no time and no mass and no gravity. What is there to design?
        Obviously, you would use non-material for your design; what could be simpler (really cost effective, too)
        Last edited by Ted L Glines; October 21st, 2011, 07:23 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by voltaire View Post
          Doesn't sound like the God of the Bible to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerald View Post
            I've never ruled out that idea, but I thus far have no compelling reason to accept the proposition that whatever Divine Artificer that might exist is the same entity as the one described in the various varieties of Holy Writ™.
            Give him a Scooby Snack® (Jas 2:19, Rev. 22:15).
            Last edited by serpentdove; October 21st, 2011, 08:00 AM. Reason: post error

Comment

Originally posted by chatmaggot View Post
              Goodness!

Who knew that such a small video would create such a rant.
              This is much better:

"Ben Stein: How did it [life] start?
              Richard Dawkins: Nobody knows how it got started. We know the kind of event it must have been. We know the sort of event that must have happened for the origin of life.
              Ben Stein: And what was that?
              Richard Dawkins: It was the origin of the first self replicating molecule.
              Ben Stein: Right, and how did that happen?
              Richard Dawkins: I've told you, we don't know.
              Ben Stein: So you have no idea how it started.
              Richard Dawkins: No, no. Nor has anyone..."Expelled April 18 2008 source
              Last edited by serpentdove; October 21st, 2011, 08:07 AM. Reason: post error

Comment

Originally posted by serpentdove View Post
                This is much better:

"Ben Stein: How did it [life] start?
                Richard Dawkins: Nobody knows how it got started. We know the kind of event it must have been. We know the sort of event that must have happened for the origin of life.
                Ben Stein: And what was that?
                Richard Dawkins: It was the origin of the first self replicating molecule.
                Ben Stein: Right, and how did that happen?
                Richard Dawkins: I've told you, we don't know.
                Ben Stein: So you have no idea how it started.
                Richard Dawkins: No, no. Nor has anyone..."Expelled April 18 2008 source
                Are you claiming to know how RNA / DNA became the self-replicating molecule common to all life on the planet?

Stuart

Comment

Originally posted by DaveDodo007 View Post
                  Doesn't sound like the God of the Bible to me.
                  What doesn't sound like the God of the bible to you?

Comment

I suppose atheists want me to believe that all that stuff is just a bunch of accidents.

Comment

Originally posted by Knight View Post
                      It's really mind boggling to imagine that this is going on right now inside our bodies.
                      Parts of those animations look suspiciously like those that Ben Stein stole from PBS for Expelled.

But yeah that's only a tiny portion of what's going on . . . even this is . . .

Inner life of a Cell

The narrated version
                      “We do not believe in God because we need to explain this or that feature of the world. That is what science is for. We believe in God because we see something deeper in the world, something that transcends the scientific explanations.” - Karl Giberson Ph.D.

- The science and faith of theistic evolution explained.

Comment

Originally posted by Alate_One View Post
                        Parts of those animations look suspiciously like those that Ben Stein stole from PBS for Expelled.
                        Did PBS sue Ben Stein for copyright infringement?

Comment

Originally posted by Stuu View Post
                          Are you claiming to know how RNA / DNA became the self-replicating molecule common to all life on the planet?
                          God created RNA and DNA (Ge 1:1, Ps. 104:24).

The Christian worldview offers the best explanation for questions such as: What is real?, Is there a God?, Where did we come from?, How should we live? and Where are we going? McFarland, Alex: Worldview Comparison

Comment

Originally posted by serpentdove View Post
                            God created RNA and DNA (Ge 1:1, Ps. 104:24).

The Christian worldview offers the best explanation for questions such as: What is real?, Is there a God?, Where did we come from?, How should we live? and Where are we going? McFarland, Alex: Worldview Comparison
                            Where does it say RNA or DNA in Genesis 1 or Psalm 104?

Stuart

Comment

I thought the video was well done, and though cell biology is not at all my field, I presume the details of the video were largely accurate. I was not surprised when, at the very end, the video gratuitously stamped “intelligent design” on it. Complicated – yes. Amazing – yes. Interesting – yes. Therefore had to be designed by an intelligent being – not at all.
                              ** Enyart is impressed by Job saying the stars in the Belt of Orion are gravitationally bound.

And ... Enyart is also impressed by Job saying the stars in the Belt of Orion are NOTgravitationally bound.

Which shows Enyart doesn’t understand what Job was actually saying about Orion at all. **

Comment

You are just showing your ignorance of biology 'Signature in the Cell, Stephen Meyers' is just the usual unsupported assertions in a most tedious fashion.
                                “Don't look now, but there's one too many in this room and I think it's you.” - Groucho Marx
                                It's the ooh this is too hard to understand therefore God! It's beyond pathetic and insults the intelligence of all who follow it.
                                “I have met a lot of hardboiled eggs in my time, but you're twenty minutes.” - Oscar Wilde
                                Don't make me give you a crash course in biology because I'm more than up for it. (even if it turns out to be a waste of time as you will believe 'godidit' anyway.) There is surely enough problems in physics to be getting on with before I take lectures from a ignoranous.
                                A .22 caliber post in a .357 Magnum world.

Comment

Working...
                                X