Ask Knight (Archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Zakath

Knight,

Is ShadowGov/BEL still planning to publish "God's Criminal Justice System" in electronic format? If so, do you have a tentative publication date?
I am not sure.

I haven't asked Bob about that.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Christine

Hmmm. While I don't know what to say concerning your question, I have found a verse, that was written to the church, that says that God "Chose us in him before the foundation of the world...." (Ephesians 1:4 ) To me, this appears to be saying that God knew who would get saved, even "before the foundation of the earth."
Christine.... you are misinterpreting that verse.

The verse doesn't claim that God chose us individually before the foundation of the world but chose that those that were in the Body would be Holy and blameless before the Lord.

God has predestined that any who enter the Body will obtain the inheritance.

Ephesians 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, 4 just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, 5 having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will,

Ephesians 1:10 that in the dispensation of the fullness of the times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven and which are on earth — in Him. 11 In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will, 12 that we who first trusted in Christ should be to the praise of His glory. 13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise,

It's pretty clear that God is telling us that after we believe we are then sealed and therefore predestined to adoption.

Furthermore...
Weren't you asserting that God gave man freewill yet knew what man would choose? I am pretty sure you were. So why would you now argue that God selected individuals for salvation? (As evidenced by the question I had asked you earlier.... and will re-ask you below)

Lasty...
I am disappointed you will not attempt too answer my question. There is nothing wrong with just giving it a shot.

Maybe think about it a little more and give it a shot....

If God already knows prior to John Doe's birth that John Doe will live and die without choosing Christ... does John Doe have the freewill to thwart God's foreknowledge?

Last edited:

the Sibbie

Originally posted by Knight
If God already knows prior to John Does birth that John Doe will live and die without choosing Christ... does John Doe have the freewill to thwart God's foreknowledge?
Knight, I'm jumping in on the middle of things, but the wording of your question seems a little confusing....especially the "Does birth that...."

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Sibbie

Knight, I'm jumping in on the middle of things, but the wording of your question seems a little confusing....especially the "Does birth that...."
Yea... Doe was a poor choice of last names. :D

Jabez

Friend of Jesus

The odds are overwhelming that the game will indeed take place.

Ill take a peice of that!lol You know iam just rouseing ya.Catch me a puck when your there..:)

the Sibbie

Yea... Doe was a poor choice of last names. :D
:chuckle: ok...oops...now I see the... Does is missing an apostrophe. :doh: I thought you were starting a new sentence!

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Sibbie

:chuckle: ok...oops...now I see the... Does is missing an apostrophe. :doh: I thought you were starting a new sentence!
Is this better....

If God already knows prior to John Doe's birth that John Doe will live and die without choosing Christ... does John Doe have the freewill to thwart God's foreknowledge?

the Sibbie

Is this better....

Oh, man! It's sad to know that a simple little apostrophe really throws me for a loop! :nono:

Status
Not open for further replies.