Ask Knight (Archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucky

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Knight

Why would you want it to?
It may seem dangerous according to human logic to walk by faith and not by sight, but I think it's safer to walk by faith. I wasn't saved by grace through logic, but by grace through faith. I guess I consider faith to be more important.

Jabez

Friend of Jesus

You mean in recent history???

I think its obvious that the 2001 Av's team was the best team in recent history.... Ray Bourque, Rob Blake, Adam Foote, Peter Foresburg, Joe Sakic, Milan Hejduck, Alex Tanguay, Chris Drury and Patty Roy!!!

Ya recent history.2001 Avs were awsome no doubt but the 2002 Wings were equally as good.Steve Yzerman,Brendan Shanahan,Brett Hull,Chris Chelios,Domink Hasek,Darren MCcarty,Kirk Maltby, Tomas Holmstrom ,Kris Draper,Sergei Fedorov,Luc Robitaille,Steve Duchesne ,Nicklas Lidstrom

Whos your favorite Defensive guy?Mine is Vladimir Konstantinov

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Lucky

It may seem dangerous according to human logic to walk by faith and not by sight, but I think it's safer to walk by faith. I wasn't saved by grace through logic, but by grace through faith. I guess I consider faith to be more important.
God NEVER asks us to use BLIND faith.

"Faith" and "Blind faith" are two different things.

For instance... I have "faith" that my car will start the next time I sit in it and turn the key. This isn't blind faith but faith based on the evidence that my car has been starting regularly for several years now when I put the key in and turn it.

Blind faith would be thinking that I could randomly pick a junkyard and then randomly pick a car in that junkyard, stick my key in the ignition and expect the car to start.

God never asks us to use blind faith.

God tells us that faith is....
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. - Hebrews 11:1

Our faith in God is not blind but made from the evidence, the substance of what we cannot see coupled with His word for instruction and reproof.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Jabez

Ya recent history.2001 Avs were awsome no doubt but the 2002 Wings were equally as good.Steve Yzerman,Brendan Shanahan,Brett Hull,Chris Chelios,Domink Hasek,Darren MCcarty,Kirk Maltby, Tomas Holmstrom ,Kris Draper,Sergei Fedorov,Luc Robitaille,Steve Duchesne ,Nicklas Lidstrom

Whos your favorite Defensive guy?Mine is Vladimir Konstantinov
When you place Darren McCarty in any list you instantly lose credibility. ;)

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Jabez

lol i had too he was part of the grind line.Remember the Russian 5?Now that was awsome.
Feb 5th I have 4th row tickets to the Av's vs. Red Wings game at Pepsi Center. :up:

Christine

The only difference between Calvinistic predestination and Arminian predesination is the mechanism of predestination.

In one... God predestines through direct ordination.
In the other... God predestines through His exhaustive foreknowledge.

Tell me... If God already knows prior to John Does birth that John Doe will live and die without choosing Christ... does John Doe have the freewill to thwart God's foreknowledge?
Hmmm Good question. I'll get back with you, I want to think about it some. :)

Lucky

Hall of Fame

God tells us that faith is....
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. - Hebrews 11:1
Correct. So why are you telling me that faith is the evidence of things seen?

Lucky

Hall of Fame
God NEVER asks us to use BLIND faith.
So faith is supposed to be based on sight?
"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."
It appears to me the verse you provided goes against your opinion.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Lucky

So faith is supposed to be based on sight?
No. As I already stated... our faith should be based on evidence as God so clearly states.

It appears to me the verse you provided goes against your opinion.
No, I merely repeated the verse therefore the verse says exactly what I have stated.

servent101

What are things like in Mexico for Christian missionaries - it is important for me to find some information - someone I know is going there soon.

With Christ's Love

Servent101

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by servent101

What are things like in Mexico for Christian missionaries - it is important for me to find some information - someone I know is going there soon.

With Christ's Love

Servent101
I am sorry... but I really don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.