Ask Knight (Archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by godrulz

I thought you were in the new dispensation of the uncircumcision, so for you, by your logic, it should be impossible (a NO answer) to turn your back. Free will, coercion, salvation principles are fundamental and not arbitrary.
Your not reading my responses.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Jabez

Knight you remember that game(blood bath)between Red Wings and Colorado Avalanche?They were selling tapes in Hockey Town!Osgood and Roy that was awsome you must admit!
Why would people in "hockey-town" want to buy tapes of Roy kicking Osgoods butt?

Jabez

Friend of Jesus
Originally posted by Knight

Why would people in "hockey-town" want to buy tapes of Roy kicking Osgoods butt?

lol you know who won than fight,just ask darren mc carty.Anyways it was awsome,probably one of the best fights ever it involved many.

ShadowMaid

It is obvious.

There is nothing inherently wrong with two piece bathing suits.

On the other hand..... there is something inherently wrong with speedo trunks on men. :shocked:

O......K.......

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

lol you know who won than fight,just ask darren mc carty.Anyways it was awsome,probably one of the best fights ever it involved many.
Roy vs. Vernon was a close fight, but there was no doubt that Roy kicked Osgoods butt - it wasn't even close!

Christine

A couple? How about the entire message of the Bible?

Isn't the purpose of God's word to let man know that God is real and man should choose Him? If that isn't the purpose of the Bible I would like to know what is.

2Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,

And what instruction does God repeatedly tell man?

Matthew 22:37 Jesus said to him, “ ‘You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’

Basically God desires that man choose Him.

Joshua 24:15 “And if it seems evil to you to serve the LORD, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.”
Knight, I have no problem accepting the fact that man has a free-will to choose whether or not to accept Christ. However, I would like scriptural support to back up the fact that God doesn't know who is and who isn't going to choose to get saved.:)

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Christine

Knight, I have no problem accepting the fact that man has a free-will to choose whether or not to accept Christ. However, I would like scriptural support to back up the fact that God doesn't know who is and who isn't going to choose to get saved.:)
Let's start here...

John 3:16 “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Furthermore... IF God already knows who is saved prior to their exisence THEN the future is set for all of mankind and their choices.

IF God knows that John Doe will be born, live and die without accepting Christ and ultimately roast in hell foir eternity) THEN John Doe's eternal existence has already been set for Him by God's foreknowledge.

John Doe cannot choose God because John Doe is destine (by God's foreknowledge) to NOT choose God. The idea that John Doe CANNOT choose God flies in the face of the entire message of the Bible.

Christine

Let's start here...

John 3:16 “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Furthermore... IF God already knows who is saved prior to their exisence THEN the future is set for all of mankind and their choices.

IF God knows that John Doe will be born, live and die without accepting Christ and ultimately roast in hell foir eternity) THEN John Doe's eternal existence has already been set for Him by God's foreknowledge.

John Doe cannot choose God because John Doe is destine (by God's foreknowledge) to NOT choose God. The idea that John Doe CANNOT choose God flies in the face of the entire message of the Bible.
Knight,
I see how John 3:16 teaches free-will but I do not see how this verse affects whether or not God knows who is and who isn't going to get saved. I have always believed that man has free-will to accept or reject Christ, but I also believe that because of God's omniscient power, He knows everything past, present, and future including who will and who won't get saved. BTW, what I believe is not the same as the Calvinistic predestination.

Lucky

Hall of Fame

Why does the "IF" require to have the "THEN"?

Jabez

Friend of Jesus

Roy vs. Vernon was a close fight, but there was no doubt that Roy kicked Osgoods butt - it wasn't even close!

Your right i forgot about vernon.Now who had the best team ever assembled?My vote goes to the 2002 Stanley Cup Champs!You will have a hard time finding a better team with more hall-of-famers.I can see Colorado vs Detroit for the trip this year.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Christine
He knows everything past, present, and future including who will and who won't get saved. BTW, what I believe is not the same as the Calvinistic predestination.
The only difference between Calvinistic predestination and Arminian predesination is the mechanism of predestination.

In one... God predestines through direct ordination.
In the other... God predestines through His exhaustive foreknowledge.

Tell me... If God already knows prior to John Does birth that John Doe will live and die without choosing Christ... does John Doe have the freewill to thwart God's foreknowledge?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Your right i forgot about vernon.Now who had the best team ever assembled?My vote goes to the 2002 Stanley Cup Champs!You will have a hard time finding a better team with more hall-of-famers.I can see Colorado vs Detroit for the trip this year.
You mean in recent history???

I think its obvious that the 2001 Av's team was the best team in recent history.... Ray Bourque, Rob Blake, Adam Foote, Peter Foresburg, Joe Sakic, Milan Hejduck, Alex Tanguay, Chris Drury and Patty Roy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.