Ask Knight (Archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Re: Ask Knight!

Re: Ask Knight!

Originally posted by Knight

Ya know it's really frustrating sometimes when you ask people seemingly simple questions and you get no response or some long drawn out response that isn't much more than pure obfuscation.

I always try to answer questions asked of me with simple direct answers.

After all... can't you answer the question directly and then go on to provide further explanation if you feel the answer warrants it? Shouldn't a sound world-view and theology be afraid of no question?

Therefore I give you....

ASK KNIGHT! :knight:

Ask me anyhting you want and I promise to give you a short direct answer.

No *topic is "off limits". The openess of God, dispensationalism, conservativism, hockey, whatever!!!

Ask away.... and get the answers you are seeking. :D

*topics that are are inappropriate for TOL are inappropriate for "Ask Knight" as well.

P.S. I will do my best to answer your question in a timely manner. :)

Who could pass up this offer?! :)

1. Is a tenet of OSAS that even if a man's heart turns from God, he is still saved?

2. Is a tenet of OV that God prophesies then "makes come about"?

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by AROTO

Is it wrong for girls to wear two piece bathing suites. :up: :down:

[I'll field this one, Knight.]

It is more wrong for a guy to wear a 2 piece bathing suit! :down:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by AROTO

Is it wrong for girls to wear two piece bathing suites. :up: :down:
Of course not! But it is wrong for boys to wear two piece bathing suits. :shocked:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by BillyBob

[I'll field this one, Knight.]

It is more wrong for a guy to wear a 2 peice bathing suit! :down:
Hey Pal... this is "Ask Knight" not ask :BillyBob:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Re: Re: Ask Knight!

Re: Re: Ask Knight!

Originally posted by Nineveh

Who could pass up this offer?! :)

1. Is a tenet of OSAS that even if a man's heart turns from God, he is still saved?
I can't speak for all "tenets" but yes... those saved under God's dispensation of grace are given an irrevocable inheritance.

2Timothy 2:13 If we are faithless, He remains faithful; He cannot deny Himself.
2. Is a tenet of OV that God prophesies then "makes come about"?
Some prophesies yes... and some no.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Re: Re: Re: Ask Knight!

Re: Re: Re: Ask Knight!

Originally posted by Knight

I can't speak for all "tenets" but yes... those saved under God's dispensation of grace are given an irrevocable inheritance.

2Timothy 2:13 If we are faithless, He remains faithful; He cannot deny Himself. Some prophesies yes... and some no.

Most Open Theists (writers; theologians) are more in the Arminian camp (conditional eternal security). Knight/Enyart is more Calvinistic on this point only (unconditional eternal security).

back to Mr. Knight...

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Re: Re: Re: Re: Ask Knight!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Ask Knight!

Originally posted by godrulz

Most Open Theists (writers; theologians) are more in the Arminian camp (conditional eternal security). Knight/Enyart is more Calvinistic on this point only (unconditional eternal security).

back to Mr. Knight...
It's a myth that eternal security is a open view vs. closed view issue.

If God tells those in the Body that they are secure... who can say otherwise?

Romans 8:37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. 38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, 39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Furthermore... I do not hitch my pony to any human authors no matter what camp they dwell in. :)

godrulz

Hall of Fame
It is not a myth that Arminians do not believe in OSAS. It is not a myth that most OVers are not Calvinistic, but feel they are a subgroup of Arminianism (or are labeled as such).

It is not a myth that you have been influenced by Hill and Enyart (not that that is a bad thing necessarily...we do not live in a vacuum, and there are few original ideas).

OSAS is incompatible with libertarian freedom, and OSAS is usually not held by those who support genuine freedom (as the Open View in principle does; remember, bro., we are the heretics who do not believe in exhaustive foreknowledge...including one's final destiny before it is sealed by death or His coming...or so I thought...'names were erased from the book of life'...I heard us argue on TOL). It seems to me that this is an incompatible inconsistency to rightly believe in Open Theism and yet support the Calvinistic OSAS (think it through, my friend). The Enyart camp may be an anomoly and outside the majority view of Open Theists (A Pentecostal Open Theist has fewer ideas to change than a former Calvinistic Open Theist who may try to have a syncretistic compromise...which leads to more problems than it solves).

But that's just me:angel:

godrulz

Hall of Fame
What are the RULES for TOL use (where are they)?

Why are the Mormons like KD given free reign here on an evangelical board?

Status
Not open for further replies.