Ask Knight (Archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Ya know it's really frustrating sometimes when you ask people seemingly simple questions and you get no response or some long drawn out response that isn't much more than pure obfuscation.

I always try to answer questions asked of me with simple direct answers.

After all... can't you answer the question directly and then go on to provide further explanation if you feel the answer warrants it? Shouldn't a sound world-view and theology be afraid of no question?

Therefore I give you....

ASK KNIGHT! :knight:

Ask me anyhting you want and I promise to give you a short direct answer.

No *topic is "off limits". The openess of God, dispensationalism, conservativism, hockey, whatever!!!

Ask away.... and get the answers you are seeking. :D

*topics that are are inappropriate for TOL are inappropriate for "Ask Knight" as well.

P.S. I will do my best to answer your question in a timely manner. :)

Berean Todd

Since, I like so many of you Open Theists, including you Knight, I have tried to back out of the OT/OV debates and just keep my peace about that in these parts. But I really am curious your thoughts about 2 scriptures I came across, incidentally in my normal Bible study time, which made me think of the OV debates, and particularly you.

Psalm 139:16 Your eyes have seen my unformed substance;
And in Your book were all written
The days that were ordained for me,
When as yet there was not one of them.

The OV claims either that there is no foreknowledge, or that the foreknowledge is only of the possibilities that there are. Yet this passage says that God knew the numbers of our days, before there was yet one of them. Please tell me how you interpret this passage.

Acts 17:26 And He has made from one blood every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth, and has determined their preappointed times and the boundaries of their dwellings,

The existance and formation of nations is dependent on a great number of variables. For one brief illustration, imagine that during D-Day Hitler had not had a brain fart - the allies would have been slaughtered and the Nazi's may well have won. In the least things would have been much different. Yet, this passage says that God has appointed both the times and the boundaries of nations - more than that, it says that He pre appointed them, again something that would seem to indicate a foreknowledge of how those events would turn out. Again, please tell me how you interpret/quantify this passage.

In Christian love,
Todd

SOTK

Spanking-

I just recently had a bad experience with this. I still believe in it, but I do think that it's very important to be in control and make sure your son/daughter is not wriggling around before you bring down the belt! :doh:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Berean Todd

Since, I like so many of you Open Theists, including you Knight, I have tried to back out of the OT/OV debates and just keep my peace about that in these parts. But I really am curious your thoughts about 2 scriptures I came across, incidentally in my normal Bible study time, which made me think of the OV debates, and particularly you.

Psalm 139:16 Your eyes have seen my unformed substance;
And in Your book were all written
The days that were ordained for me,
When as yet there was not one of them.

The OV claims either that there is no foreknowledge, or that the foreknowledge is only of the possibilities that there are. Yet this passage says that God knew the numbers of our days, before there was yet one of them. Please tell me how you interpret this passage.

Acts 17:26 And He has made from one blood every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth, and has determined their preappointed times and the boundaries of their dwellings,

The existance and formation of nations is dependent on a great number of variables. For one brief illustration, imagine that during D-Day Hitler had not had a brain fart - the allies would have been slaughtered and the Nazi's may well have won. In the least things would have been much different. Yet, this passage says that God has appointed both the times and the boundaries of nations - more than that, it says that He pre appointed them, again something that would seem to indicate a foreknowledge of how those events would turn out. Again, please tell me how you interpret/quantify this passage.

In Christian love,
Todd
Is there a question in there?

Berean Todd

Obviously you did not read the post. Please go back and re-read it. I asked for your interpretation of those passages. I asked that you would show me how they can fit into an Open View theology, in your analysis.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Berean Todd

Obviously you did not read the post. Please go back and re-read it.
I still do not see a single question mark.
I asked for your interpretation of those passages. I asked that you would show me how they can fit into an Open View theology, in your analysis.
I do not need to "fit" verses into my theology.

My theology is "fitted" by the Bible itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.