Ask Knight (Archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Knight said:
Those folks have set themselves to be invisible online. Yet... since your a mod you can see them. :)
:shocked: If mods can see me, does that mean I'll have to dress before I post now?

ShadowMaid

Hey Knight, I've so far notived only green and purple stars. What happened to the yellow ones? Or have they been discontinued?

And the Shoubox, will that be coming back? Or has that been discontinued? Just some questions, I hope it doesn't seem I'm not content. You did a great job on the site, Knight. :)

erinmarie

I didn't notice that the shout box wasn't there until I tried to tell Turbo something without calling him and using my precious phone card minutes!
And then I thought I was just missing it, so I went looking for it...Silly Me.

I like everything so far, it's neat having new stuff to figure out. (Even though blue is one of my least favorite colors, I'm sure Knight will change the colors again in the future so no big deal).
The light background really makes the avatars pop out too, it looks neat.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
erinmarie said:
I didn't notice that the shout box wasn't there until I tried to tell Turbo something without calling him and using my precious phone card minutes!
And then I thought I was just missing it, so I went looking for it...Silly Me.

I like everything so far, it's neat having new stuff to figure out. (Even though blue is one of my least favorite colors, I'm sure Knight will change the colors again in the future so no big deal).
The light background really makes the avatars pop out too, it looks neat.
The ShoutBox will return... I promise!

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
ShadowMaid said:
Hey Knight, I've so far notived only green and purple stars. What happened to the yellow ones? Or have they been discontinued?

And the Shoubox, will that be coming back? Or has that been discontinued? Just some questions, I hope it doesn't seem I'm not content. You did a great job on the site, Knight. :)
Click Here.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Knight,
I'm curious about why anyone cares about who started a particular thread. I'm way more interested to know who posted last than I am in who started the thread. Also, if the thread starter isn't given you could find something a lot more interesting to use freed up screen space for, like being able to show the entire thread title or something like that.
What do you think?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Clete said:
Knight,
I'm curious about why anyone cares about who started a particular thread. I'm way more interested to know who posted last than I am in who started the thread. Also, if the thread starter isn't given you could find something a lot more interesting to use freed up screen space for, like being able to show the entire thread title or something like that.
What do you think?
The Active Threads list shows both.

We have basically combined the Active Threads page and the home page (www.theolgyonline.com) or click on the Active link at the top left of every page.

drbrumley

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was someone@att.net'. Subject "Whatever it may be" Account: 'mail.theologyonline.com', Server: 'mail.theologyonline.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 553, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

This is what I get when I am sending mail to someone with an ATT domain. Why is this happening and is there a way to rectify it, either on my end or yours.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Knight said:
The Active Threads list shows both.

We have basically combined the Active Threads page and the home page (www.theolgyonline.com) or click on the Active link at the top left of every page.

I definately like the active threads page but I was talking about when I look at my subscribed threads (I should have made that clear before). On the old system when I would look at my subscribed thread I could tell that someone had responded because it would tell me who responded last and if it was someone other than me I knew to take a look.
Don't worry about it though, I know you're up to your eyeballs in this thing right now. I'll live with it unitl you're not so overwhelmed with more important stuff. You're doing a great job by the way! Thanks for all your hard work. This is easily the best discussion forum I've ever seen.

By the way, is there any chance of adding a spell checker to the reply screen? That would rock!

Sozo

Why doesn't the page fit on my screen?

Why are there so many red x boxes on the active page?

Will there be a shoutbox?

When are you going to ban me?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Clete said:
I definately like the active threads page but I was talking about when I look at my subscribed threads (I should have made that clear before). On the old system when I would look at my subscribed thread I could tell that someone had responded because it would tell me who responded last and if it was someone other than me I knew to take a look.
Don't worry about it though, I know you're up to your eyeballs in this thing right now. I'll live with it unitl you're not so overwhelmed with more important stuff. You're doing a great job by the way! Thanks for all your hard work. This is easily the best discussion forum I've ever seen.
If no one new has responded to your subscribed threads they will not display (unless you tell it to) the subscribed threads on your main page of the user CP. IF... someone new has responded to a subscribed thread it will be listed on your MAIN page of our user CP.

By the way, is there any chance of adding a spell checker to the reply screen? That would rock!
Doubtful. Spellcheckers are either too much overhead or expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.