Ask Knight (Archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Godrulz does not need to be "outed". If he is in error he "outs" himself.

We really don't need anymore Tye vs. BillyBob fiascos do we?

Sozo

Originally posted by Knight

Godrulz does not need to be "outed". If he is in error he "outs" himself.

We really don't need anymore Tye vs. BillyBob fiascos do we?

I never read one exchange between those two, (other than the shoutbox) so I don't know the content of their battle.

My objections with godrulz are not personal, but are solely intended to affirm that he is outside of the faith to those who may think otherwise.

I have seen far too many people be led astray by clever subtle perversions of the truth. I have no other reason for being here, but to expose those who bring another gospel.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Sozo
My objections with godrulz are not personal, but are solely intended to affirm that he is outside of the faith to those who may think otherwise.
Assuming Godrulz actually IS "outside the faith"....

So what?

Do you think Godrulz is the only one on TOL that is outside the faith? Of course not!

You continue...
I have seen far too many people be led astray by clever subtle perversions of the truth. I have no other reason for being here, but to expose those who bring another gospel.
People have freewill... they can be lead astray wherever they go. They can be lead astray at the grocery store, at the barber shop, at work, at home, ANYWHERE!!

TOL is to expose and discuss bad theology.... after that, people make their own minds up as to follow or not.

Sozo

You continue... People have freewill... they can be lead astray wherever they go. They can be lead astray at the grocery store, at the barber shop, at work, at home, ANYWHERE!!
How compelled are you to point them in the correct direction?

I am confused by the zeal that Christians have to save babies from death, and not have the same zeal to save adults from hell.

:(

Chileice

Assuming Godrulz actually IS "outside the faith"....

So what?

Do you think Godrulz is the only one on TOL that is outside the faith? Of course not!

You continue... People have freewill... they can be lead astray wherever they go. They can be lead astray at the grocery store, at the barber shop, at work, at home, ANYWHERE!!

TOL is to expose and discuss bad theology.... after that, people make their own minds up as to follow or not.

Thank you, Knight. And for that reason this is an interesting forum. Thanks for keeping it that way!:thumb:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Sozo

How compelled are you to point them in the correct direction?

I am confused by the zeal that Christians have to save babies from death, and not have the same zeal to save adults from hell.

:(
Sozo... you are missing my point.

You can expose bad theology ALL day long. That's what TOL is for!!! You can mock, ridicule, rebuke etc.

But chasing specific individuals around the board trying to "out" them as non-Christians is not only annoying but bad strategy (assuming you want them to repent).

Therefore....
There is a distinction between exposing bad theology and harassing people who are attempting to participate at TOL.

Make a little more sense?

Sozo

There is a distinction between exposing bad theology and harassing people who are attempting to participate at TOL.

Make a little more sense?
I didn't know that I was harassing :confused: :(

For the most part, I find myself defending attacks on the gospel by false teachers. I do not use the insults or terms lightly. I mean what I say, just as Paul or Jesus did. It would be dishonest and slanderous for me to refer to someone as a Christ-hating pig, who is not one. I would never do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.