Ask Knight (Archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Zakath

Knight,

I have a technical question about TOL...

I have noticed things have been running slowly for me here and think I may have come across why.

When one of your banners from an outfit called "Cafepress" displays in the "member billboard", my popup blocking shows a security violation that claims the website is trying to download something onto my machine and my TOL reception slows to a crawl.

(Running a PC Win2KPro, IE6.0, McCafee Virus Scan (no firewall))

Can you think of something unusual about that particular banner that would cause such a problem?

:confused:
Hmmmm..... I will check into that.

In the meantime I will remove it from the rotation.

Lucky

Hall of Fame
*stops trying to increase the monitor's contrast*

Honestly, it's a little hard on the eyes. Then again, so was TOL when we entered into the Dispensation of Platinum.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by Lucky

Honestly, it's a little hard on the eyes. Then again, it could just be me.

No, it's not just you, your girlfriend is definitely a little hard on the eyes.

julie21

Originally posted by BillyBob

No, it's not just you, your girlfriend is definitely a little hard on the eyes.

Wasn't she Prime Minister of England at one stage???

Question...Being new to TOL, I've read through quite a few threads and it sounds as though there are a number of points on which versions of the Bible are best. (Of course, some would state 'none' or 'best for what?')
Can you outline briefly the different translations and the pro's vs con's? Most interested in opinion of the NIV as I believe it's most widely used version in Australia.
Thanks.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by julie21

Not that I know of. Lucky's girlfriend, Helen Thomas, has been a White House reporter for the last 150 years, she is an elite liberal.

[Lucky likes women who take their teeth out at night and use 'Depends']

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Question...Being new to TOL, I've read through quite a few threads and it sounds as though there are a number of points on which versions of the Bible are best. (Of course, some would state 'none' or 'best for what?')
Can you outline briefly the different translations and the pro's vs con's? Most interested in opinion of the NIV as I believe it's most widely used version in Australia.
Thanks.
I am a NKJV guy myself.

I don't get too freaked out about Bible versions... however I would say the NIV might be the worst of the major translations.

P.S. Welcome to TOL.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by BillyBob

Not that I know of. Lucky's girlfriend, Helen Thomas, has been a White House reporter for the last 150 years, she is an elite liberal.

[Lucky likes women who take their teeth out at night and use 'Depends']
Ok... ok... enough is enough.

Go easy on my buddy Lucky!

Or I might kick your butt!

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Originally posted by Knight

Clete asked me if I would tone it down so I did.

Do you like it?

:the_wave: :jump: :juggle: :cheers: :bow: :BRAVO: :Nineveh: :thefool: :straight:

julie21

Originally posted by Knight

I don't get too freaked out about Bible versions... however I would say the NIV might be the worst of the major translations.

Can you expand just a little, on why you rate NIV as that? I am curious.

Good to see your'e not seriously picking on my mate, Lucky!

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Can you expand just a little, on why you rate NIV as that? I am curious.

Good to see your'e not seriously picking on my mate, Lucky!
Well mainly because the NIV puts things in and leaves things out that effect the quality of the translation.

Secondly the NIV commitee has been trying for years to produce a "gender neutral" verion of the Bible :vomit:

Status
Not open for further replies.